Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] What Are You Smoking? March 2024

Page 1 / 12

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

March is here, but I’m continuing with what I was smoking a couple of hours ago in February. Pipe Force Episode VI, in a vintage Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen.

1709270853-IMG_5636.jpeg
483 Replies
nach0
Noble Member

Today i´m smoking Peterson Flake in my pipe dedicated to VA´s. It´s really impressive and i cannot imagine the reason behind this fact, but i always get myself thinking how and why smoking this tobacco in this pipe gives me way more sweet nuances than smoking this tobacco in any other pipe i have.

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

It’s Friday, I’ve finished work, I’m tired and I’m taking no chances! 😄

1792 in a BriarWorks Classic.

Rene12
Honorable Member

Mac baren golden blend. First time trying this one and liking it so far! In my small meerschaum bent apple

1709308968-IMG20240301165640.jpg
Zigmeister67
Noble Member

I'm smoking some Haunted Bookshop this fine Friday in my Savinelli 114ks.

I have completely fallen in love with Windjammer and Royal Yacht is growing on me fast.  I need to make a list of my favorites so I always have them available. 

Rene12
Honorable Member

Smoking amphora yellow. @Ted it's a very nice straight virginia smoke! Definitely on par or even better than much higher priced ones! Even more so considering I loaded it straight from pouch without drying or any age on it!

2 Replies
Zigmeister67

Noble Member

I've had Amphora English and thought it to be a very good blend. I've also heard the Kentucky blend was very good.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Thanks! I’m glad to hear that. I’m going to order some. One can never have too much Virginia 😃

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

This afternoon has been Peter Stokkebye PS81 in a TV churchwarden, smoking another bowl right now.

1709327452-IMG_5600.jpeg
Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Pese Canoe latakia flake 40 in a Ropp 331c 

ATW
Reputable Member

Having a bowl of Elizabethan Mixture in a bent cob. Num nums.

ATW
Reputable Member

Earlier I had a bowl of the new C&D Sansepolcro release. It is WAY better than the original recipe. 

1 Reply
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

That’s good to hear!

I'm smoking Three Star Blue as I do every day in one of my custom made pipes by Norwoods out of TN.

1 Reply
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Three Star Blue is a true American classic. Welcome to the forum! 

Nick R
Noble Member

March started off very busy- I was only able to squeeze in a quick bowl of Mithril with my coffee. I am enjoying a bowl of Escudo/BCA mix today, which I am hoping will be less busy than yesterday. Also hoping my tobacco order shows up this weekend.

nach0
Noble Member

Today is blody warm here, around 37 ºC. I´m enjoying Grousemoor with a lemonade full of ice. The pipe i´m using is my usual cob. 

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

Carolina Red Flake with Perique, C&D, to start the day. In the IMP bent apple. Absolutely fantastic smoke!
Just had a bowl of Irish Flake in a Stanwell Night & Day. Dependable, as always.

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

I’ve just been smoking Peter Stokkebye PS 81 since yesterday, taking a little break from blend hopping.

4 Replies
Zigmeister67

Noble Member

I hope you don't mind a question. What is that pleasant sourness I taste in Windjammer?  I've never had a blend with that taste before. 

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Not at all. There are a couple of flavorings in the casing on Windjammer. I’m not sure I can discern what all of them are. I’m pretty sure there is rum or a rum flavoring. The other main flavor I have been unsure about until I made an extract of raisins in rum and cased some Old Joe Krantz with it. When I smoked it, it was nearly identical to the flavoring in Windjammer. Not as sweet, there’s obviously some sugar added to Windjammer. So that’s my best guess, raisin. My rum/raisin casing has that same mild sourness to it. Maybe I’ll email Greg Pease and see if he’ll confirm or deny. While I’ve never seen him give out recipes, I have seen him discuss ingredients. 

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

A good answer to a good question! Please update us if you decide to follow through with your idea to contact the blender. I’d be very interested to know what he says. Rum and raisins seems a reasonable suggestion to me. I can taste it, now, in my memory 😊

Joseph

Prominent Member

I’m not a big Va/Per guy, but am a big Gregory Pease fanboy. You guys just put Windjammer on my next baccy order 🤤 

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

It wasn’t my best decision to start with JackKnife Plug today. It satisfied my desire for nicotine, but missed the spot with flavour. I finished a rather large bowl of it, though, (in a Savinelli 616KS Lucite).

My second choice of the day was much, much better. In fact, Royal Jersey Perique Mixture is moving up my personal rankings to be among the blends from which I’d choose if I had to smoke only one of them for the rest of my life! A “desert island” blend, if you will. It’s as close to perfection as I can imagine. Subtle, yet flavourful. Complex, yet consistent. It scratches every itch, leaving me satisfied every time. The only criticism I can level at it, is the price. It’s excellent, yet expensive!

1709480648-IMG_1944.jpeg
Nick R
Noble Member

Enjoying Mac Baren Dark Twist in my new cob with forever stem. Delicious! 

1709480867-20240303_083326.jpg
3 Replies
Zigmeister67

Noble Member

Nice pipe and great stem. 

Nick R

Noble Member

You gave me the stem idea. I got 3 and will post all soon. I think yours ended up more striking but I am satisfied with the ones I got.

smokethefox

Estimable Member

You cant go wrong wit Dark Twist. One of my favorite 😉  

Zigmeister67
Noble Member

Starting today with Haunted Bookshop in my Big Ben Caprice. 

1709490695-IMG_20240303_133010.jpg
3 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

That’s pretty! 

Zigmeister67

Noble Member

Picked it up on an eBay auction. No bids and time was running out. I put in a starting bid of $20 and won. Small pipe but good sized bowl.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Great deal! 

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian in a Savinelly 120 Anniversary. Superb smoking!

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

Samuel Gawith Golden Glow in a Georg Jensen Gigant. 

1709497092-IMG_5146.jpeg
4 Replies
Joseph

Prominent Member

I grin ear-to-ear any time I see that pipe. Do you know off the top of your head how many cubic centimeters the chamber is? That’s got to be a 2-hour smoke right there! Ha, ha! 🤠 

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

lol. Folded flakes can definitely hit two hours in it! Occasionally even at that I realize I hadn’t finished the bowl when I empty it. 

Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

Beautiful bird´s eyes!!!!. I like bird´s eyes much more than straight grain or flame grain.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member
Page 1 / 12

target="_blank"