The phrase decadent chocolate certainly applies to this all black blend! A truly mild yet satisfying smoke.

ContentsBlack Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Medium, Full
3.1
JoeMan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JoeMan (7)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Strong

If you smoke a pipe and also enjoy chocolate, I think you will like this marriage of all black cavendish and cocoa...maybe a lot. The chocolate pouch note will start to make your house smell fabulous even before you break the tape on the envelope. It is very nicely balanced, does not bite at all. I did not dry this at all, and it burns nicely once you light / tamp / light. Chocolate Mousse is not a complex smoke, nor do I think it should be. It's simple...the chocolate is present from the time you light it until you finish the bowl. I gladly give this one all 4 stars, I will definitely be getting more of this one.

Pipe Used: Linkman, Grabow, Peterson, Alpha

Age When Smoked: 51

Purchased From: PipesAndCigars.com

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (82)

Some people think you should give this to your girlfriend . .. I say dont bother untill youre grown up and married ... cause girlfriends are like the wind . Anyway , This blend has a nice choc mousse taste that dosent bite , smokes cool and mostly dry and the roomnote is very nice . It's mild in body and nicotine . After a day of working at my business and working on my farm / home and family [ you know ... man stuff ] this is a relaxing smoke . If you like aromatics , and why wouldnt you , you could give this a try very cheaply ... wvsmokeshop.com and other sites have it in 1 oz samples for like 1.79 or something like that . Have your wife try it too ... she may end up smoking the pipe w/ you ... my wife enjoys it . She also Enjoys Escudo and a bunch more of whats in MY cellar :)

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Give this one to your girlfriend for Valentines Day along with the Wittman Sampler. A good blend for Female pipes smokers.

F. Prefect Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
F. Prefect (24)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This blend came as a bit of a surprise. As a lover of dark semi-sweet chocolate, I had yet to find an aromatic tobacco "labeled" chocolate to really deliver a true chocolate taste and aroma. This one does, and does it well. It is a very rough cut, but packed easily and burned well. The only thing I found that could elicite any real critisism was that it did burn a little on the hot side (it is an Altadis blend), but slow puffing and a couple of relites seemed to take care of the problem.

This is not what I would call an everyday smoke, at least from my standpoint, but it is an aromatic I plan to keep around for those times when I'm looking for something just a little different.

What do you know, this makes 3 Altadis blends that I've found a liking for. Will wonders never cease.

F. Prefect

A brief update. With regard to the hot burning tendancies of this blend, I tried a 50/50 mix of the B-30 and Lane BCA which burns much cooler. I had expected that this blend would reduce the predominant dark chocolate flavor, but to my surprise, the blend not only burned cooler, but lost little of the chocolate flavor, and after smoking this mixture for a while actually came to prefer it to "straight" B-30.

F. Prefect

Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

A tip of the cap to the two previous reviewers whose positive comments led to me trying this.

I've been looking for a decent chocolate tobacco for blending experiments, specifically, to add more chocolate flavor and aroma to SG Chocolate Flake. (It works....give it a try.)

I pretty much agree with all the comments made in the previous reviews. The aroma of this is very strong, reminding me of freshly spread cocoa bean shell mulch. The flavor isn't as strong as the aroma but is definately there.

It does tend to burn a bit on the hot side but without tongue bite, and is best when mixed with a cooler burning weed.

Not something I'd often want to smoke by itself, but an excellent blending agent (very inexpensive too).

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (15)
Mild Very Strong Full Pleasant

Candy Store? You're there. Out of the chocolates this is my favorite. Strong chocolate. It's a little like walking up and down the row smelling the offerings and stopping at a spot or two to get the most pleasant whiff. The topping is so much that I have to relight more often, but it's worth it.

Pipe Used: Large bowl briars

Age When Smoked: fresh from the pouch

Similar Blends: Like many other Chocolates, but but stronger and more defined candy. A dessert smoke for sure..

cyberkahuna Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cyberkahuna (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I love this stuff. It smells good enough to eat every time I take a whiff of this stuff in the jar. and tastes as good as it smells as soon as I light it. It really is the chocolate taste I've been looking for. I think that if Willy Wonka smoked he'd have smoked this.

gazpacho Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gazpacho (18)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

As a novice smoker, I found this tobacco to be quite enjoyable. The aroma is rich with chocolate, but seems to be a bit damp. I recommend drying it a bit before smoking. It smokes best hot and wet. I haven't tried blending it with Lane BCA yet, but that is planned for the future.

If you like chocolate aromatics or want to experience one, then I recommend trying this one. It is also very inexpensive.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Being as this tobacco is blended by a company known for numerous dismal aromatics, the quality of this blend came as quite a shock. A rich, black cavendish cased with a truly remarkable chocolate flavoring. It burns slow, doesn't bite much and doesn't really goop up your pipe either. These attributes were surprising since the feel of the tobacco out of the bag is rather moist.

Out of the several chocolate tobaccos that I've tried, this Altadis creation ranks at the top. A pure and simple chocolate blend that satisfies. Four stars.