4noggins.com

A well rounded blend of flavorful Virginias, mellow Burleys and Black Cavendish give Lord Methley's the fragrance of a berry filled pie just out of the
oven. A true aromatic with no tongue bite makes this a great all day smoke. Developed for the real Lord Methley of West Yorkshire, UK.

Brand4noggins
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

Ghost1974 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ghost1974 (10)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I'm such a fan of this blend now, I had no choice but to log in and review. I am, and remain, primarily an aromatic lover. Surprisingly, I never opted to try a 'berry' blend until recently. I'm so glad I did, and Lord Methley is now one of my true favourites.

The scent of the tobacco in the bag is exactly as advertised and as described by other reviewers. Very "berry-esque", and even as an aromatic lover I was surprised at how good this stuff smells. This doesn't always translate well once lit, so I was cautiously optimistic before I packed a pipe with it. I do trust 4noggins quality after all.

Initial lighting and early on, I distinctly remember thinking to myself "meh, s'ok" and then settled in with a book and started reading. After awhile, I started to get whiffs of the room note (which doesn't always happen) and realized I was smelling what I was tasting. Not bad at all! By the end of the first bowl I wanted another, but actually felt very satisfied and continued my day. Great taste, good room note! The next day I bypassed every other tobacco I had on hand and went for the Methley, and repeated that daily until the bag was empty. Didn't get bored of it all, and I was quite disappointed to run out.

I don't think I've found my holy grail yet, but once my next order arrives in the next week I don't plan to be out of this again for a long time. Highly recommended for aromatic fans!

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I taste mostly high quality virginia. This is an interesting aromatic. Quite different. Give it a try if you like mild nicotine. Good after taste. High quality tobaccos. Could be an all day smoke. Not my favorite but I could order more of this. Give it a try.

This must be dried to bring out the excellent tobacco flavor. My method of drying is spread out on a paper plate in the sun. But be careful of this method as you can easily dry tobacco too much until it is crunchy. Check every 5-10 minutes.

Room Note Professor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Room Note Professor (39)

Smells and tastes like a raspberry/strawberry popsicle with a slight touch of maple. The casing is not too heavy, allowing the tobacco taste to shine through. Nice mix of Burley, Virginia and Black Cavendish. Burns well and easy to keep lit. Room note is pleasant but not divine. I am not a huge fan of berry aromatics – those that are will probably rate this a four star tobacco. (Loved the extra-thick plastic pouch this tobacco came in – very well packaged!)

bdshepherd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bdshepherd (2)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

As with most 4noggins blends I have tried, the description they provide says it all.

The tobacco is an attractive light tan and dark-brown-to-black ribbon that packs and lights easily. The cherry smell is fairly pronounced in the bag, but deeper whiffs marry the cherry with a butterscotch undertone and a faint, grassy smell of the Virginias.

Smoked, the cherry is so faint as to be almost nonexistent and doesn't interfere with the tobacco flavor. The Cavendish is apparent, but blends so well with the Burley and Virginia that it is hard to tell where one leaves off and another begins. Overall, a mild smoke, but with a very pleasant flavor. Not a complicated tobacco, and does not change throughout the bowl, but ideal for an all day blend if you want something easy to smoke that tastes good to you and smells great to those around you.