Rich, full-bodied black cavendish with hints of vanilla on the finish. All blended up for a nice mild and flavored smoke. Once lit the vanilla aroma is out of this world, complementing the dark cavendish in a gentle way.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
2.9
dixcreek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dixcreek (103)

Reviews are all over the board on this one. I personally am not real turned on by Vanilla blends as most taste like a chemical bath. Did not find that here in Paradise. What I did find was a good black Cavendish with a touch of Vanilla, berries and toasted nuts. Good aromatic smoke, mild, tasty and fragrant. No hoop, no bite, and consistent flavor from start to finish. While it won’t become a regular rotator here at Dix Creek I plan to keep a little on hand when I need to be reminded of what a Vanilla aromatic should taste like.

I tried Bozzie's Paradise back in 2012 when I participated in an Internet pipe group's tobacco swap. I'll never do another "box pass" as Paradise was the best leaf in the box, and unfortunately, that kind of killed the deal for me. A nice base of Black Cavendish with Vanilla flavoring. Where have I tasted this before? Everywhere? Yep. Pretty standard fare. Burns rather warm but I did like the vanilla coating.

WillBrown Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillBrown (108)

On my first pilgrimage to Boswell's last May, I picked up four tobaccos and a brand new pipe. If you're a pipe smoker, I highly recommend you make the journey. Boswell's a class shop, and Chambersburg is a true piece of Americana. I purchased Northwoods, Sweet Dreams, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat and Paradise. Sorry, I digress—ah, back to the 'baccy.

In Paradise, I've at long last discovered an aromatic that has some flavor—sweet, creamy, a hint of berries, and some other stuff that I couldn't identify (more on this last point coming). I'm not much for aromatics, chiefly because they lack taste, but, as stated, not this one. This blend impressed me, but it also reminded me of yet another reason why I tend to shy away from aromatics—additives (albeit, in this case, skillfully blended). Paradise is really packed full of stuff that's, well, not tobacco (I defy anyone to tell me otherwise). For that reason alone, while liking the taste, I will only make this an occasional smoke. Paradise is a good Black Cav, I'll fire it up when I want a change of pace. Recommended.

Cheers!

Pipe Used: Leonessa Capri

Age When Smoked: ?

Purchased From: Boswell's

brogreggblues Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brogreggblues (45)

Extremely mild, slightly sweet. Not much taste at all. Wife says it smells sweet. No aftertaste. Good social blend.

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

This blend reminds me of a rougher version of BCA which I like. It looks the same, a very dark black cavendish in a large ribbon cut with a Vanilla backdrop and tasty very much like a toasted cavendish. Between the two, I like BCA better, it's smoother, dryer and less hot. But this is still a decent blend. it comes at a good moisture and packs and light easy in the pipe. It did require several relights for me as I smoked it, as it burns very slow. The flavor does get stronger as you smoke the bowl down, and burns to a dark frey and black ash. It is not goopy, but it does leave the pipe smelling like it for awhile. I think this would be a good mixer with a PA like tobacco. Not Bozewells best product so I would say if you like this type, smoke BCA.

htduck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
htduck (28)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I've read reviews on many tobaccos and have tried my share based on those reviews. I learned to love Navy Flake that way. Paradise is what the name says. Paradise to puff and savor. NO bite, and believe me I tried to make it bite. I can be a little over the top when it comes to testing a tobacco, I admit. I have smoked nothing but Peterson's (system and non-system)so a cool smoke is obviously what I am after. Paradise is cool in a stubby corn cob. A few smokes later I packed it in my favorite Peterson and it only got better. I then packed it in a new Boswell; it smoked and tasted like a drink of Samual Smith's Nutty Brown Ale at room temp. Smooth, full and rewarding. I will try all the Boswell blends, keep them in rotation and buy more than a few of their pipes. If you are in a rush for a short smoke or you just want to lay back and think about a whole lot of nothing for a good long while, Paradise is a smoke to consider. Four Stars.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Extremely Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I ordered several Boswell Blends to try and this one is definatley Mcclelland's Vanilla Black Cavendish. I have the Boswell sample next to my Ball Jar of VBC and they are the same blend just renamed. Good stuff though, check my review of this blend under Mcclelland VBC. VBC is also present in their Chistmas Cookie blend. Perhaps half VBC and half 1-Q