Forums

Three Nuns Yellow a...

Notifications
Clear all

Three Nuns Yellow and Green no longer in production?

Awfers
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Hello Everyone,

I bought two tins today, one Three Nuns Yellow and one Three Nuns Green at my local brick and mortar shop. From what I can read on the site here, this is apparently no longer in production, is this true ?

If so, I might clean him out of his stock of both if I like them 😀 

4 Replies
Estimable Member

It seems you're right. At Cigarworld.de  the biggest german tobacco site it is not listed yet

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

I used to see them in the US market, but then they quietly disappeared a few years back. Seeing that Mac Baren makes Three Nuns, I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they returned at some point though. 

Awfers
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Well, I tried both this evening.

Three Nuns Yellow is ok, nothing special, sort of a lighter version of Capstan Gold. Oddly half way through the bowl it started to create a taste of cardboard (my brother had the same, and Stuff and Things on Youtube mentioned it too, so it isn't pipe related).

Three Nuns Green is rather nice, sort of a less heavy version of the regular Three Nuns Red. I think I might buy the 4 tins of Green they have left and hide it away.

BriarBerg

Yes these were discontinued. However, there is a 3-pack of the Three Nuns trio on TobaccoPipes right now. They collaborated with Mac Baren to do these aged sets a few years ago, so a certain amount were put aside but they were then discontinued. Not sure if this is the last of them or not, but Yellow and Green haven't been made for a few years now.

target="_blank"