Forums

How many bowl do yo...

Notifications
Clear all

How many bowl do you smoke on a daily basis?

Page 1 / 2

nach0
Topic starter
Noble Member

How many bowls do you smoke on a daily basis?
How do you separate the bowls?
There are any preferences like, E.M in the morning, aromatics in the afternoon, D.F.K. before sleep?
how do you do your routine?

I've been smoking 3 bowls during the day and this is my max, never smoked more than that.
In my case, i tend to smoke DFK and E.M. at morning with coffee, usually i don't smoke DFK before going to sleep.
Aromatics used to fit every time during the day, at night i would prefer something stronger in nicotine so Gawith family lakeland fits perfectly.
I feel like E.M also fits all day long, you only have to change the amount of latakia, in my case i like to increase the latakia during the day.
The mixtures that are bold and strong in nicotine i prefer to smoke at first moment of the day. It gives me the punch i need to wake up.

39 Replies
Trusted Member

I try to keep it to one.  Sometimes a midmoring pipe in a bigger bowl that I relight to finish later if it happens to be a blend that tollerates relights well.  Occasionally two bowls. What I choose just depends on my mood.  Sometime I hit the nail on the head, sometimes not.

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

If I'm lucky I can smoke one pipe in the mid morning, another one just after lunch and a third one before dinner. Most of the days I can smoke just two, some days just one, and when I have professional meetings I don't smoke my pipe because I can't get 45 minutes of quietness.

I smoke the same blend along the day.

Stah
 Stah
Trusted Member

4-6 daily, depends on size and my condition.

Seasonly, May-September - Va/VaPer, October-April - English/Balkan/Oriental. Other blends - when I feel the necessity.

1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

That´s a thing ... here where i live is hot whole year, even during the winter the temperature is beyond 20 °C. I wish i could match some tobaccos with the season but here is hot and dry or hot and wet....  hahahaha

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

Three to five bowls per day. A number of the pipes I smoke regularly have large bowls that will last from one to two hours. I also vape unflavored nicotine juice throughout the day. I prefer blends that are more nuanced earlier in the day when I can still fully taste and appreciate them, while I tend towards stronger blends in the evening. 

Estimable Member

Depends on the weather, as I have to smoke in the garage. I tried in my study with the door closed, a candle burning, and the air purifier running full blast. The wife complained after day 2 about the house smelling like cigarettes. How does one get cigarettes out of aromatics?

Anyway, it's back out to the garage for this piper.

And Houston is still suffering from heat that makes the Congo feel like the arctic.

I have been thinking about getting a portable AC unit for the garage. And may yet do so for this year. Definitely for next year.

Prior to the dehydration that put a ban on puffing in the garage and drove me to make the attempt to puff in my study, I was enjoying anywhere from 3 to 6 bowls a day.

I'm not a rotation guy. I pick a pipe, and then pick some blend of the sacred leaf. Or do the reverse. 

Once the weather breaks, which might be after this coming weekend, I'll be back out in the garage savoring the sacred leaf, the life-giving leaf, to the tune of 3 to 6 bowls a day.

Cheers!

Oh, what is DFK and EM? Speaking in code doesn't help us old codgers getting back in the game after a lengthy hiatus.

4 Replies
DeathMetal.org

Estimable Member

I would not want to smoke in a garage in Houston without a portable A/C unit. A swamp cooler might work if the garage is in the shade. I am the same with non-rotation; I work my way through jars and tins fairly consistently, using a set of old faithful pipes. As far as how many bowls, it depends on what I am doing. Some days have long hours at the desk, but since each bowl lasts several hours, the number may not be all that impressive.

Estimable Member

Live and learn, as they say. Ordered an A/C unit. Should arrive on Thursday.

How the heck do you get a bowl of tobacco to last several hours? Are the pipes extra large? I tend to smoke small pipes and probably puff slightly fast, as I don't care to relight. The longest I've gone is in my big Astley Bulldog: about 50 minutes or so.

nach0

Noble Member

Sorry my friend, i was talking about Dark Fired Kentucky and English Mixtures when using the abbreviation. 

Estimable Member

I'll add those to my vocabulary. Thanks! 

Bailey
Eminent Member

Depends on circumstances. When I'm working in my office at home and can smoke as desired it might be 6 - 8 bowls per day. When at the office usually one or two in the morning and three or so in the evening. 

Pipes Comics
Trusted Member

1-3 daily

Morning : straight virginias or sweet va/per

Afternoon : va/per, dfk blends or brown tobaccos

Evening: orientals blend or latakias blend 

Sir Otter
Reputable Member

Really depends on the day — mood, weather, or how busy I am.
It can be upwards to 7 or more bowls, but generally at least 3 bowls a day. 

philips897

Two to three bowls per day, about 50 minutes or so

two to three bowl

CRASHtheGREY
Reputable Member

As many or as few as I feel like. No set routine. I also smoke whatever strikes my fancy. No preference by time of day or weather. 

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

Depends on the blends I’ve chosen and what my tongue will take! 😄

I smoke two or three bowls per day on average. I don’t have a routine or choose tobaccos according to the time of day really. It’s more a case of going with my mood at the time. I’ve been known to smoke Irish Flake, Bold Kentucky or 1792 in the morning, for example, to kickstart the day! It just depends how I’m feeling. 
It’s interesting how the same tobacco can be either sublime or dour at different times. I don’t always choose the “correct” tobacco at the right time!

1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

Posted by: Lee

It’s interesting how the same tobacco can be either sublime or dour at different times. I don’t always choose the “correct” tobacco at the right time!

Sometimes i find myself in the same spot. I couldn't agree more.

Tyke Piper

For me, as a newbie (almost three months into the hobby now), I'm fairly static at one bowl with an occasional half or so, especially on a Saturday (on which I tend to indulge & have - at a push - three!) 😊 

brusaerba
  • One per week! 😁 I do prefer to find the right time and to dedicate to my smoke as much of it as it requires. I usually smoke on Sundays afternoons or Saturday evenings, together with some good liquor or simply a beer. I prefer to smoke outside, so either on my tiny balcony or at a bar, sitting at a table outside. Of course it depends also on the temperature, where I live (Berlin) it gets cold and rainy during winter times and it is probably not so pleasant to spend an hour or so under such weather. 
Old Tom
Trusted Member

Most days, none, just because I'm doing other things and only sit down with a pipe when I have the time to relax. On the days that I do smoke, usually just one bowl is enough, but I make it last for a while and truly enjoy it.

When I was a neophyte just getting into the hobby, I would sometimes smoke 3 or 4 bowls in a day.

smokethefox
Estimable Member

A very interesting topic! Good to know the smoking habits of fellow pipers.

I smoke 2 to 4 bowls a day, starting in the morning right after breakfast, the second after dinner and one or two in the afternoon/ evening. 

I smoke usually the same blend early in my waking hours, but the later hours are reserved for an English blend.

1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

If i miss the morning bowl i feel bad the whole day. 

I can stay with one bowl a day but has to be the morning one.

Nice topic.

If I can find a moment, once during the evening. But usually two or three by week.

Occasionally two during sunday if the weather is nice.

Zigmeister67
Noble Member

2 per day seems about right to me. A aromatic in the morning. In the evening I usually go for a English blend.

Rene12
Honorable Member

On weekdays one or two medium/small bowls. During the weekend usually between two and five bowls. First bowl of the day is almost always mac baren Scottish Blend. After that things tend to vary quite a bit.

Page 1 / 2

target="_blank"