Forums

Does anyone else fi...

Notifications
Clear all

Does anyone else find Mississippi River salty?

Pip'n'Piper
Topic starter

Odd question, but I find it very salty. I’m speaking of the tobacco of course😉 Anyone else notice this? Any other tobaccos that have a salty flavour? What would make a tobacco taste and feel salty on the tongue? Any general opinions about this blend are encouraged.

4 Replies
CRASHtheGREY
Reputable Member

This only happens to me with latakia blends after I burn out on latakia. An overload issue. If I take time off from latakia it goes away.

2 Replies
Pip'n'Piper

Interesting. It is definitely not a latakia overload issue as I smoke them very sporadically during the summer months. Is saltiness a feature of latakia? Ive never noticed it before.

CRASHtheGREY

Reputable Member

Not of which I am aware. It is a mouth chemistry thing, seemingly. Some people just get odd reactions to certain tobaccos. Maybe this is one for you.

Deckard Cain
Trusted Member

Yes I've experienced a little saltiness with many blends. I think some people refer to this as savory.  Mississippi river is so mild and flavorless that a tiny bit of savoriness really jumps out.  It is an extremely mellow crossover blend that really is more like a aromatic.  But it does make loads and loads of white smoke.  Tobacco taste? Basically non-existent.  If memory serves, Mississippi River tastes a little ketchupy, a little bit like barbecue sauce also, and a little bit salty.  

I think this flavor absolutely comes from some sort of topping or dressing that they add to this tobacco. It seems like it has a tremendous amount of flavorings added. 

target="_blank"