Forums

Davidoff Royalty En...

Notifications
Clear all

Davidoff Royalty English blend

Breihz
Topic starter
Estimable Member

If you like English blends then I can recommend the Davidoff Royalty blend, it’s absolutely gorgeous! I ordered mine from Zechbauer in Munich as it’s not available here in Ireland. It’s smooth, cool and dry to smoke. Burns very easily and requires very few relights. No bite, and calm. Definitely one of my new favourites. 

1711474729-IMG_1058.jpeg
9 Replies
 Flip
Reputable Member

Sounds  like a good suggestion. I’ll watch for it to get back in stock.

nach0
Famed Member

I just love this blend!!

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

I smoked this blend almost forty years ago. It was available is Spain and it´s price more than doubled the price of blends from Dunhil or Sobranie. That was the original version made by Robert McConnel. It was a superb blend. This blend disappeared from Spanish shelves for more than three decades and appeared again made by STG. Now it´s a milder blend, with less Orientals presence, but maintains the superb creamy quality of the past. It´s one of my preferred blends. I smoke it at the end of summer as a preface to the heavier Latakia blends I smoke in autumn and winter. 

It´s a perfect blend to initiate the Latakia blends route and a true icon of what a mild-medium English blend should be.

Estimable Member

Have smoked it a lot when it was affordable. Here in Germany it costs 23,50 EU recently, which is more as for a 100gr tin HU Tobacco. Even more than their Flake Medaillons and  Three Nuns  both ,21,50. And for what reason ?

2 Replies
Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

In Spain now it´s 17€. I can't understand why it´s so expensive in Germany. Another thing I don't understand is why a Robert McConnel tin of pure latakia costs 10,50€ in Germany and 18€ in Spain. Red Rapparee 100gr is 22€ in Germany and 28€ in Spain. I think Spanish importer of Kopp Tobacco is charging abussive margins.

Estimable Member

I think Germany as a good ground for pipesmoker. When I see prizes in England , Ireland or the ridiculous prizes in Denmark I have few to complain. Sadly I can not hurdle myself buying Roality for 23 EUR, but it's a fine blend I really liked to smoke

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

I’m looking forward to trying it after receiving a tin recently 😊

2 Replies
nach0

Famed Member

I´d like to know you opinion after smoke it, IMO it lays in the top shelf, one of my top 5 for sure.

Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

You'll love it´s creaminess.

target="_blank"