European Union ...

Notifications
Clear all

European Union 🇪🇺 Tobacco Exchange

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

The most likely chance of success, for those of us living within the EU, is to swap tobacco within the Customs Union. 

I have a tin or two spare, I’m willing to trade, of each of the following:

Cornell & Diehl, Haunted Bookshop

Cornell & Diehl, Old Joe Krantz

Pipe Force, Episode VI

J.F. Germain’s, Royal Jersey Perique Mixture 

I’m open minded about what I’d accept in return, but it should be something I can’t buy in Denmark. Also, I have enough Latakia blends and I’m not really looking for more.

29 Replies
Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Good Idea. I´m looking for G.L. Pease Spark Plug, Westminster, Samarra, Caravan and Odyssey.

I can send Robert McConnel Pure Syrian Latakia (2015) and sadly sold out, or another blend of your interest available in Spain.

3 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I can send some Spark Plug for a tin of Syrian Latakia. I know I said I wasn’t looking for any more Latakia blends, but I’d make an exception for some Syrian 😊

Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

[mod edit - removed email]

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Email sent 😊

Estimable Member

I am interested in the Royal Jersey . What can I give you for it? I live in Hamburg and have an amazing tobacco shop around which have really all tobaccos available in Germany

2 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

You and I should link up via email. You can get my address from @BriarBerg (who will see this message in due course). As Administrator of this forum, he facilitates connecting members, privately, while we wait for a Private Messaging add-on to come online.

I consider Germany to be the European Mecca for pipe smokers and I’m delighted that you want to swap some tobacco. I love plenty of blends made here, but sold there. And I’ve been hoping and praying someone living there could send some back here! I’ll make a list of blends I have available to swap. If you do the same, we can start negotiating 😊

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

This place has some interesting choices:

https://www.pfeifen-shop-online.de

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Pipe Force, Episode VI

J.F. Germain’s, Royal Jersey Perique Mixture

Ken Byron Ventures, The Patience of Dr. Silence 

Cornell & Diehl, Sansepolcro

Cornell & Diehl, Dreams of Kadath

G.L. Pease, Windjammer 

G.L. Pease, Spark Plug

Estimable Member

I am digital very limited . So all i see when I click @BriarBerg is a Instagram adress. Sadly I do not have an Instagram account. I really would like to get in touch with you and could give you my email adress right here. Are there any downsides doing it?

5 Replies
BriarBerg

I've connected you and Lee via email

Estimable Member

Thanks Greg, great service

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

The downside of giving your email out publicly is you might see an increase in spam. I have given it out once on this forum and I didn’t see an increase in spam, but it’s a chance you take. I figured we might as well use the service offered instead (until Private Messaging is available).

Anyway, have you made a list of blends you have available for swapping? You might want to post that publicly, so others in the EU can also see if you have something they’re interested in. It’s up to you, obviously. You can send it via email instead, if you want.

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Or, will you purchase anything available in Germany? In which case, I’ll make a shopping list! 😄

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Have I got anything else you’re interested in, as well as the Royal Jersey Perique Mixture?

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/community/forums-postid/7365/

Estimable Member

I have only really valuable old tins cellared like London made Dunhills , Pencanze ,ASTB, Mc Clelland and others I did not know their even exist. Like Peterson Medium Mixture obviously from the 70's and a W.D.  H.O. Wills Legation Navy Cut made in Kenia. All this I want keep in my cellar. But as of writing there come two Samuel Gawith blends to mind I want to swap. I bought it before the short disappearing because of brexit. Maybe 3 years ago. Balkan Flake, and Sams Flake .Also a really old Richmond Navy Cutwhich seems to be sealed. Otherwise you get me right,I would buy for you a Blend of your choice. And the shop I speak of has really all blends available here.I I am also interested in the Ken Byrons and a little in the Pipe Force  Did you write me an email?I answered yesteday befor going to bed.  

You have to be patient with me because of my limited IT skills but i am grooving in with time

Kind Regards   Andreas

3 Replies

Estimable Member

Is it difficult for you to order in Germany? It would a pleasure to me to deceive our customs and laws

Estimable Member

Oh shit , now I wrote it public 😦 Hope nobody here sneak

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I didn’t receive your email, but I’ve sent you one. Hopefully, you have received it!

Estimable Member

I read your review of the Ken Byrons  and it sounds promissing

1 Reply
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

They are excellent! I can recommend all of the blends I’m offering to swap. I’m not offering because I don’t like them - quite the opposite! It’s just that I got carried away and bought far more than I need 😊

So, you’d like some:

1) J.F.Germain’s Royal Jersey Perique Mixture - 2 tins available, (50g each)

2) Pipe Force Episode VI - 4 tins available, (50g each)

3) KBV The Patience of Dr. Silence - 2 pouches available, (50g each)

Honestly, these 3 blends are in my Top 10 (possibly even Top 5). If we manage to organise an exchange, you won’t be disappointed. I’m sure others on the forum would vouch for that, too. A fine choice! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to try.

EDIT: Also, let me know how many of each blend you’d like (see above for availability).

Estimable Member

Is there a burley expert out there who knows a very long gone blend called  Colliiers Cut Plug made by Pearl Tobacco Company? I read something here in the reviews and  this sounds not to my liking. Perhaps a burley lover want to swap it? The tin is sealed and the lid is concave yet. I tried a few burley blends like ABF or the Edgeworth reincarnation Ready Rubbed from Lane. Not my cup of tea. 

If not I will give it a shot, maybe it is another treat

2 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I might be interested at some point, but just not right now. I’m already purchasing quite a lot of tobacco this month.

Estimable Member

I know 😊 

Estimable Member

Is there anybody out here in the EU who have a tin or two of Mac Baren HH Mature Virginia? I am looking for it since it was my favorite virginia . I could give a tin HH Vintage Syrian for it

4 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Mature, or Pure?

This German tobacconist has some of the former:

https://www.pfeifen-shop-online.de/epages/63781481.sf/de_DE/?ObjectID=2028010

(I’m interested in the HH Vintage Syrian 😊)

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I think the Mature has been discontinued:

https://www.cigarworld.de/en/pfeifentabak/pfeifentabak/mac-baren-hh-mature-virginia-100g-dose-90006544_16429

(Edit: Sorry if I’m telling you things you already know! 😊)

Estimable Member

I know that the HH Mature Virginia is long gone. I have only 1 tin left . There is no Virginia like this on the market today

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Damn! I meant the tobacconist has some of the latter, (Pure) 🙄 It’s late!

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

After some recent swaps, blends I now have available for swapping are:

Pipe Force, Episode VI

Ken Byron Ventures, The Patience of Dr. Silence 

Cornell & Diehl, Sansepolcro

Cornell & Diehl, Dreams of Kadath

G.L. Pease, Windjammer