Forums

Country Squire Non-...

Notifications
Clear all

Country Squire Non-aromatics

Topic starter

It’s been about a year since I got back into the habit of pipe smoking and a year since I’ve endeavored to really explore the intricacies of tobacco to develop some sort of palate.  Happy to say that Country Squire has been a large part of that.  Timing is interesting- When I finally figured out, they had a podcast I was able to tune in for…their very last episode lol.

Anyway, what are some count Squier non-aromatic blends that you enjoy? My favorite at the moment happens to be Shepherds Pie.

2 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

I’ve only smoked two of their blends, both aromatics and I can’t quite remember what they were called. I’m always curious to hear about what I don’t know. I wasn’t even aware they had non-aromatics. 

Joseph
Noble Member

I also like Shepherd’s Pie. To my taste, it’s a medium-strong English I place alongside GL Pease Abingdon and Ashton Artisan’s Blend - which is meant as high praise in a rather crowded field.

I have all Country Squire’s Middle-Earth-themed blends (now re-themed Fantasy South) and enjoy them as fine examples of what they are.

Green Dragon (now George’s Dragon) is a mild-medium Virginia-Burley.

Kingsfoil (now King’s Highway) is a medium Virginia-KY.

My favorite is Bag End (now Pilgrim’s Muse), a mild-medium Scottish-blend English, with a touch of burley. I don’t have anything else quite like it.

(…haven’t tried any of the other CS non-aromatics yet)

FYI: Use the original Middle Earth themed blend names to find their reviews on this site.

target="_blank"