Best place you’ve s...

Notifications
Clear all

Best place you’ve smoked a pipe?

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

The fact that I’m soon going to be smoking a pipe at a football match, for the first time, got me thinking. I’ll bet some of you have smoked a pipe in some pretty interesting places!

So, where is/are the best place(s) you’ve smoked a pipe? Prizes probably won’t be given for the most interesting answer, but at least you’ll have entertained readers! 😄

12 Replies
Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Photos score bonus points! 😄

1711985251-IMG_2008.jpeg
3 Replies
Nick R

Noble Member

Wow! That is cool! I can't even imagine what would happen if I tried to light up at a sporting event here- tarred and feathered comes to mind.

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

No such worries here! The smell of cannabis lingers in the air and there are people smoking all sorts everywhere! 😄 I got a few smiles, as it’s a bit unusual to see a pipe smoker these days. But no negative comments whatsoever.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I’m with @Nick R on this one. I remember smoking at sports events and concerts in the past and I certainly did quite a bit of it, but today, here, one would definitely be removed and likely hit a few times on the way out, and get a fine for the privilege. 

Reputable Member

Clenching while riding my motorcycle during the 4th of July at a festival. Behind a windshield of course!

2 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Now *that* would make an awesome photo! Don’t suppose you have any?

Reputable Member

Lol... That was a few years back. Maybe I'll do it again this coming 4h of July and get somebody to shoot a picture.

Nick R
Noble Member

Coolest place (no photo ☹) is on top of Mt Elbert- the highest point in Colorado 14,433 ft or 4,399 meters. Before I quite drinking we would have a champagne toast at the top of mountains. I switched to having a pipe or a cigar some years ago. Mt. Elbert was a long climb but not technical at all and I had a small pipe of something cheep and vanilla if I recall correctly- though it has been 7ish years. I have been too busy with family and work to climb since, but I am hopeful to go again soon and will make sure to get a photo next time.

1 Reply
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I can just imagine what that was like. There’s something incredibly satisfying about smoking a pipe in nature. On top of a mountain, with breathtaking views, must be one of the ultimate experiences for any pipe smoker.

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

I’ve been very fortunate to smoke in many really cool places, but what instantly popped into my mind was a hay field on a beautiful afternoon here in Michigan many years ago when I and a girl who became my first wife pulled off on the side of the road and went into the hay field for a quickie. Perfect moment, I definitely thought it was a cool smoking location that day. 

Second coolest was also many years ago, the top railing of the cupola on top of the dome of St. Paul’s cathedral in London. Not my photo but that’s the spot.

1711996369-IMG_5974.jpeg
Erik
 Erik
Estimable Member

I’ve been keeping a pipe in my flight bag.

When the plane is hangared, I enjoy a pipe under the hangar door to celebrate another success at keeping the take offs and landings in equal proportion and the landing gear more or less intact. 

I really enjoy the smoke while watching other planes come and go. 😊 

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

“Best” could mean anything, I know. 
It could mean somewhere interesting, I suppose. Best memory, etc..

target="_blank"