Apologies for the “...

Notifications
Clear all

Apologies for the “Like” situation

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Apologies, in advance, for replacing your “Like” of posts with mine. I’ve been “un-Liking”, then “Liking” them again, which solves the problem.

But, it’s a pain in the arse! And, I think we’ve all waited long enough to have it fixed. So, I’m not “un-Liking”, then “Liking” them any longer. People will just have to have their “Like” replaced, unfortunately. Sorry! 🤷🏻‍♂️

@BriarBerg

8 Replies
nach0
Noble Member

Hi Lee. I don't see it as an issue. I noticed that sometimes when i click in the "like" others people "likes" disapeared from the list i am seeing....but this is something that appear to me not for everyone. So when you click on "like" mine maybe disapear from your screen but not from the system. I'm not totally sure but it seems like that to me. Let see what happens after they fix it. 👍 👍 

1 Reply
Relight

Prominent Member

Yeah. I just thought the list hit longer and one name moved out of view. 

But then again I'm an idiot so... 

Joseph
Prominent Member

@Lee, no problem... I've been doing that, too, and it's getting old... wastes alot of time. Frustrating actually.

BriarBerg

I'm not sure the hold up with this and a few other issues getting addressed, but the development company has assigned us a specific Sr IT Project Manager, which I'm hoping will mean a more streamlined troubleshooting process. We should have a call sometime this week and will hopefully have more of a projection on these things. I was told that this specific issue dealing with "likes" calculating may be an issue across WPforo sites (the wordpress plugin on which the TR forum is built). I hope to have more answers on what that means for addressing the issue after our call. 

Of course no shame in navigating the issue however is best for you while the bug is...buggin' 

4 Replies
BriarBerg

Update - We spoke yesterday. The good news is that being assigned this Project Manager will make for a more expeditious addressing of issues, and I will personally be on calls with them regularly. Another is scheduled for next week to thoroughly go over issues with the Filter Search. 

Bad news, the issue with calculation of likes on mobile is in fact a wpForo bug. Which means there's no way we can directly fix it on this site. The development team did open a ticket with wpForo, and I've posted on their own Support Forum for bug reports - will update with more as it comes.

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Thanks, Greg! I appreciate your efforts to solve this problem, and your updates on progress. I know it’s relatively trivial, but these little things can add up and affect our enjoyment of the forum.

BriarBerg

Totally understand—a pebble in the shoe isn't agony, but life's a lot nicer without it. Hopefully if it's something other folks hosting with wpForo are experiencing, they'll want to address it soon. 

nach0

Noble Member

💪🤠 such good news here! Thanks mate!

target="_blank"