Forums

TobaccoPipes CRE - ...

Notifications
Clear all

TobaccoPipes CRE - You can now shop in person at the Sutliff HQ in Richmond

BriarBerg
Topic starter

For any close enough to make the trip or ever find yourself in the Richmond, VA area, something to be aware of.  

Not quite a "new release," but a new service that is pretty cool. TobaccoPipes.com is starting up their Concierge Retail Experience. This blog gives the details, but the short is you can shop from TP's site in person while enjoying a smoke. Maybe even get a tour of the Sutliff factory.

10 Replies
Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

The U.S. is the best country in the world for pipe smokers. I hope everyone who lives there appreciates that fact! Almost makes me want to move there! I visited a friend in N. Carolina, about 10 years ago, and it’s still the best holiday I’ve ever had. I thought about moving there before I started smoking a pipe. Now, the pull is a hundred times greater! 😄

5 Replies

Reputable Member

Lol... I'm the grandson of Swedish immigrants to the United States. Do you think it was the tobacco? 😀  

Reputable Member

Here's a thought... In the United States we live 90 miles away from Cuba. It's illegal to buy or sell Cuban cigars in the United States. Europe is halfway around the world from Cuba and Europeans can walk into a local tobacco shop and buy all the Cuban cigars a person could want. No matter where a person lives, it's always something!

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I don’t think it’s always been the case that the U.S. was the best place for pipe tobacco. But, it certainly is now.

Unfortunately, Europeans are less respecting of personal freedom than Americans, preferring greater security from the State in exchange for sacrificing some of the aforementioned freedom. And, the State doesn’t want to spend money treating people for self-inflicted illnesses, as they see it, so they’re making it increasingly difficult to buy tobacco.

Personally, I think it’s unfair, as there are lots of activities that carry risk that aren’t taxed in an equivalent manner. Playing sports, skydiving, bungee jumping, riding a motorbike, etc..

I’m not an insurance underwriter, so I don’t know the statistics. But, treating people who get illnesses from pipe smoking is surely no more costly than treating people who have accidents arising from the risky activities mentioned above.

Anyway, I’ll get down from my soap box now 😄

Oh, the sanctions against Cuba are just silly. And outdated. There must be more to it. I’ll leave it to others to decide on that one.

Reputable Member

Danish pipe tobacco is legendary. A nod and a smile while lifting a Carlsberg Elephant, skoal!

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Yes, it’s legendary outside Denmark, as STG don’t think citizens of Denmark are worthy of buying some of their blends!

I shouldn’t let it irritate me as much as it does! 😄

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

That’s really cool! I travel to New York on business a couple of times a year and that sounds like it would be a great side trip. I’m going to plan that in the next time I go. It would be fun to see where so much of my cellar was made. 

2 Replies
Lager

Estimable Member

Ted you better leave yourself some extra time cause Richmond VA is almost 6 hours from New York. 

Hopefully you can still make the trip!

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

It’s a beautiful state and I haven’t gone anywhere as a destination there in some time, just driven through it. It would be a nice change of pace to spend a little time there. 

Nick R
Noble Member

Now I just need to convince the wife..... That would be really cool to see.

target="_blank"