Falcon pipes. Are t...

Notifications
Clear all

Falcon pipes. Are they good?

nach0
Topic starter
Noble Member

What about falcon pipes??

I never had a pipe that i have to screw the chamber but the Falcons seems nice and reliable.

What you guys can say about this kind of pipe ? it worth to have some? 

I noticed there is more than 1 brand but the Falcons are the most famous one. 

Any recommendations? Tips? Do you guys like them?

12 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

I have smoked one of them and I found they live up to their promise of a dry, cooler smoke. Easy to clean as well. 

1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

That's good to know!

Rene12
Honorable Member

Never smoked one. From what i've read they should be quite good. I've considered getting one for quite a while now. I just don't like the way they look and that stops me from getting one.

2 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

That was what stopped me from using the one I had, the looks. It just didn’t make me smile when I picked it up like a pipe should. 

nach0

Noble Member

I don't think they are that ugly 🤣 🤣 

Nick R
Noble Member

They do look a bit new-age and not what I think of as a "pipe". On the plus side they are fairly inexpensive. I talked to a local shop about them and they spoke highly about Falcon. I would like to try one at some point.

1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

Yes i agree. The fact they are mostly metal brings me the impression of modernity. What is not bad(IMO) but i can see why people feel discouraged from buying it. Its appearance is kind of love or hate. 

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

To be fair, I kind of like the looks of one with a meerschaum bowl and gold plating. 

1708933209-IMG_5598.jpeg
1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

Wow ... i like this one. I've never seen a falcon with meerschaum bowl before. Nice one.

Stirling Castle Piper

Just this now finished a bowl of Revor Plug in my Falcon with a Hunter Algiers. Lovely cool smoke. Takes a few mins to clean. Back in the 70s they looked space aged to me as a wee boy and iv always loved them.

RonBohr
Trusted Member

I recently found an Eagle (Italian made) version at an antique store and cleaned it up. It delivers a fairly dry, cool smoke compared with the same tobacco smoked in a similar sized briar. I'm getting to where I prefer cobs, however. 

1 Reply
nach0

Noble Member

I was close to buy a Falcon. I gave up for now but after reading something like that i might probably stay with my cobs for long before thinking in it again.

target="_blank"