Curly Flake. Balanced and fine sweet in the taste pipe tobacco. Finest, lemon yellow and orange-colored Virginia tobaccos from the USA and Zimbabwe are pressed and rolled after the conditioning. After long maturation into square bars pressed and in Flake slices cut.

BrandW.O. Larsen
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste

Christrom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Christrom (16)
Medium Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Smooth Virginia taste, the caramel taste is there in the background. Mild mannered and inoffensive, but for me it is a little bland. Good as an all day smoke though.

Mild None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

W.O. Larsen Special Blend No.32 Curly Flake . The appearance of the Tobacco is delightful , the flakes having a curly/wave like pattern to them and giving off a lovely Caramel like scent . The rubbing of this Tobacco is a complete pleasure , the moistness is supreme and it is easily processed into a brilliant texture to smoke without taking up much of your time . Once filled it lights up splendidly , giving a good/even burn leaving a pure white ash . The smoke is of a fairly "medium" build , neither too thick nor thin and even if I strain the life out of my pipe it still doesn't bite me ! Vitamin N is good as it doesn't blow your mind into orbit , is not too little and can be inhaled with ease . The flavour is exceedingly pure in it's Virginia status , I don't get any extra qualities at all , only a very ample Hay/Grassy Virginia character . The room note is also unadulterated Virginia and this would be great to smoke in presence of others as it is not at all heavy . This smokes very clean without causing a lot of cake , this is another reason it would make a great regular Tobacco !

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Smoke King

Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Not a real review, because when I opened my tin, I found that the seal had been compromised, and the tobacco was, alas, bone dry. Rather than trying to rehydrate it, I instead mixed it 50/50 with some C&D Pirate Kake, doused that mixture in Frangelico and Malibu Coconut, and let this meld, creating a Latakia aromatic, something I have experimented with before.

Now, obviously this means that I have not had this tobacco on its own, and can't really evaluate it on its own merits, but it did, even given its initially dried-out state, make an excellent Virginia base for my blending efforts, so at least from this I can conclude that it is a good tobacco.

Maybe I'll get the opportunity to try it from an uncompromised tin someday, but also I'm glad that I was able to find a use for my "spoiled" tin. The Latakia aromatic is quite good, and I have enjoyed several bowls.

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (59)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

A pretty dull looking tobacco this one.

Nice tin aroma. A faint sweet caramel is about right.

It's a well behaved blend, well cut for easy rubbing out.

Really quite pleasant, doesn't really taste of anything, doesn't smell of anything much and doesn't bite.

An unassuming blend well worth trying, but not really worth going out on a limb and buying a bloody great tin.

Thank goodness for 5g samples.

Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I don't know flks, this one was strange. A broken Virginia flake that I swear has some kind of added flavoring that I found to be off-putting. Smoke slowly to enhance the flavor (what little there is). I just believe there are a lot more quality broken Virginia flakes in pipe smoker's land than this one.

Eagleman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eagleman (7)

I am sure I did a review on this tobacco and it has seemingly disappeared. Oh well.

I really like this virginia blend. Indeed, it is one of my favourite tobacco's. However, I think (as per other reviewers) it might not be to everyone's taste. The caramel flavour is noticeable but since I like it - that's fine!

The tobacco lights very well and burns smoothly and lasts well. Now I am a "hot smoker" (a real puffer) and this tobacco burns slowly and very well for me and that is a big plus since many tobacco's don't burn as well as this one. I find it doesn't "bite" as some virginia's and that is another plus for me.

There is nothing else I know of "out there" quite like this blend. It is unique and I think it should be valued for that reason alone. At the least if you haven't tried it give it a try. If you are a virginia fan you may very well discover a new favourite.

Pseudo Nim Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pseudo Nim (96)

Caramel is the first thought that comes to mind on lighting this, what a shame I don't like caramel, otherwise I could rate this much higher.

Quality of leaf is very good along with moisture content, the square flake rubs out nicely and I allow the tobacco a little drying time in order to be rid of the caramel topping. After half an hour or so it's ready for lighting and the caramel goes to the rear allowing a very fine quality leaf come to the fore.

Straight from the tin or part dried, this is a creamy smoke, not always pleasant (IMHO), but creamy all the same. Fully dried out, this is still creamy and still without bite, unfortunately for me, the caramel is still lurking in the background and every now and then seems to pop up as if to say "Am I the taste you don't like then ?" and of course, when fully dried, has a propensity to burn at speed.

I will not buy this again simply because I do not like the taste, but I could see many others loving it, therefore three stars.

Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I thought I had reviewed this one before. This is a very nice, easy smoking Virginia. Subdued, with not an extreme propensity to bite (obviouslly, if smoked slowly), very delicate and civil.

For a beginner, or someone who wishes a milder change of pace, this one is a good choice.