Curly Flake. Balanced and fine sweet in the taste pipe tobacco. Finest, lemon yellow and orange-colored Virginia tobaccos from the USA and Zimbabwe are pressed and rolled after the conditioning. After long maturation into square bars pressed and in Flake slices cut.

BrandW.O. Larsen
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste

Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Not a real review, because when I opened my tin, I found that the seal had been compromised, and the tobacco was, alas, bone dry. Rather than trying to rehydrate it, I instead mixed it 50/50 with some C&D Pirate Kake, doused that mixture in Frangelico and Malibu Coconut, and let this meld, creating a Latakia aromatic, something I have experimented with before.

Now, obviously this means that I have not had this tobacco on its own, and can't really evaluate it on its own merits, but it did, even given its initially dried-out state, make an excellent Virginia base for my blending efforts, so at least from this I can conclude that it is a good tobacco.

Maybe I'll get the opportunity to try it from an uncompromised tin someday, but also I'm glad that I was able to find a use for my "spoiled" tin. The Latakia aromatic is quite good, and I have enjoyed several bowls.

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (58)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

A pretty dull looking tobacco this one.

Nice tin aroma. A faint sweet caramel is about right.

It's a well behaved blend, well cut for easy rubbing out.

Really quite pleasant, doesn't really taste of anything, doesn't smell of anything much and doesn't bite.

An unassuming blend well worth trying, but not really worth going out on a limb and buying a bloody great tin.

Thank goodness for 5g samples.

Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I don't know flks, this one was strange. A broken Virginia flake that I swear has some kind of added flavoring that I found to be off-putting. Smoke slowly to enhance the flavor (what little there is). I just believe there are a lot more quality broken Virginia flakes in pipe smoker's land than this one.

Eagleman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eagleman (7)

I am sure I did a review on this tobacco and it has seemingly disappeared. Oh well.

I really like this virginia blend. Indeed, it is one of my favourite tobacco's. However, I think (as per other reviewers) it might not be to everyone's taste. The caramel flavour is noticeable but since I like it - that's fine!

The tobacco lights very well and burns smoothly and lasts well. Now I am a "hot smoker" (a real puffer) and this tobacco burns slowly and very well for me and that is a big plus since many tobacco's don't burn as well as this one. I find it doesn't "bite" as some virginia's and that is another plus for me.

There is nothing else I know of "out there" quite like this blend. It is unique and I think it should be valued for that reason alone. At the least if you haven't tried it give it a try. If you are a virginia fan you may very well discover a new favourite.

Pseudo Nim Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pseudo Nim (96)

Caramel is the first thought that comes to mind on lighting this, what a shame I don't like caramel, otherwise I could rate this much higher.

Quality of leaf is very good along with moisture content, the square flake rubs out nicely and I allow the tobacco a little drying time in order to be rid of the caramel topping. After half an hour or so it's ready for lighting and the caramel goes to the rear allowing a very fine quality leaf come to the fore.

Straight from the tin or part dried, this is a creamy smoke, not always pleasant (IMHO), but creamy all the same. Fully dried out, this is still creamy and still without bite, unfortunately for me, the caramel is still lurking in the background and every now and then seems to pop up as if to say "Am I the taste you don't like then ?" and of course, when fully dried, has a propensity to burn at speed.

I will not buy this again simply because I do not like the taste, but I could see many others loving it, therefore three stars.

Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I thought I had reviewed this one before. This is a very nice, easy smoking Virginia. Subdued, with not an extreme propensity to bite (obviouslly, if smoked slowly), very delicate and civil.

For a beginner, or someone who wishes a milder change of pace, this one is a good choice.