Borkum Riff Orange & Honey is composed of specially selected tobaccos that help to underscore the mild scent and aroma of orange and the pleasantly rounded and creamy honey notes. Borkum Riff Orange & Honey consists of bright Virginia, richly aromatic Kentucky and cool-smoking Burley tobacco. The perfect choice for the bon viveur who prefers a fruity tobacco with a soft body.

BrandBorkum Riff
Blended BySwedish Match
ContentsBurley, Kentucky, Virginia
FlavoringHoney, Orange
Packaging50g Pouch
CountrySE
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste

1.5
albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (175)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

In the Pouch,it have e very pleasant flavour, bu somewhat "dry". During Smoking, This is a very Sweet,but not so Mild Tobacco. The flavour-scent-taste or Orange is cleary noted, but the Honey is not easily perceptible. It also have bitter residual taste. This tobacco burns very easily and hot. Because of this,it should be smoked slowly. I like it, but seems to me that this tobacco is only for people that cleary enjoy very Sweet Cavendish Tobaccos.

FROGGY12 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FROGGY12 (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I really wanted to like this stuff, but as hard as I try I can't make it work for me. Opening the pouch it smells sweet and tasty and upon lighting the taste transfers to the smoke but it burns extremley hot. I smoked this stuff as slow as possible and it still bit me like a rabid dog. The flavor is great almost like an orange marmalade but you just can't smoke it and not blister your tongue. I say leave it alone its not worth the suffering there's so much more out there. If it was all I could get I'd do without smoking.

Purchased From: WV Tobacco

Augusto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Augusto (1)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought a pouch as a new pipe smoker... I got to say that these strange flavors atract me... The first bowl I smoked gave me a hell of a bite. Since then I've been using the "frank method" for packing, and it's been fine. It is a very sweet tobacco (sirupy as someone mentioned above), and you can taste the oranges (more like a orange jam), and a very sweet flavor that I assume it's the honey. It's not completely bad, but I don't think I would by another pouch. It smells great in the pouch, and aparently when smoked too. Burns easy, but can get bitter if smoked too hot.

Pipe Used: Bertoldi - brazilian non briar pipe nice n cheap

J.Wellington Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.Wellington (5)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It is my favorite blend so far, but I tried to be objective! I would personally recommend it for sure!

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Not nearly as bad as I expected. One can actually taste orange and honey, although it tents to get bitter towards the end of the bowl. Still, very little tongue bite for a Borkum Riff Aromatic, and not a lousy casual smoke.

Dr. Hardcrab Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr. Hardcrab (3)
Medium Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Overwhelming

I have one other review on here and it was a "one star" for Borkum Riff whiskey. I saw this advertised and thought it sounded good. Not big on infused tobaccos, but honey and orange sounded tasty. Boy was I wrong. One word: Blechhhhh! Smelled bad in the package and smoked even worse. Tasted no honey OR orange. Left a nasty film in my mouth. I took the package and dumped it in a bell jar and was going to set a shot of Grand Marnier in with it. Then I figured it was a waste of Grand Marnier. I dumped the tobacco in the trash and then drank the shot to get rid of the taste in my mouth. What a disapointment.

Pipe Used: Venturi

Age When Smoked: na

Purchased From: mail order (CI)

Similar Blends: Dog turds..

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (113)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Tolerable

Bleccch! Horrible! Don't! Neither oranges nor honey taste like this. Hot, cheap and nasty. Yet another gruesome clunker from Borkum Riff. Obviously there's a market for this kind of confectionery, but I can't imagine why. I wouldn't smoke a bowl of it again for a million dollars. (That probably isn't quite true, but you know what I mean ...).

aviviljoen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aviviljoen (18)
Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I feel a fool for even admitting that I bought a packet of this stuff. This tobacco is syrupy and sweet as molasses. I detected no honey, and very little orange. Orange in the sense of orange-flavoured cough syrup, not freshly cut orange. The same goes for the aftertaste.

Not wanting to waste a single gram of tobacco, I blended this with an equal amount of pure Southern African burley. The result is something which is passable for smoking at a barbeque, or similar outdoors event where discrimination is not required.

On the plus side, this tobacco burns easily, so could be worthwhile for someone new to pipe smoking who is still learning how to do it, but it will surely spoil the pipe. Not recommended at all.

N7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
N7 (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

it's awful, too sweet, may be good for people who love sweet. won't buy this blend again, and thinking if i should throw it away or not.

Gigilos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gigilos (24)

The only lenience one would have towards such mixture would be excused due one's past relation to such a cheap aromatic (romantic post-adolescent experimentation that is).

As I found myself, outside this Romantisised context to test this tobacco, I must protest against its vulgar casing, its biting qualities and its tangy-bitter attack it undertakes on one's throat. My advice would be to pursue elsewhere for aromatics.

Garrett Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Garrett (3)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend is not as bad as some would say, but it can bite no honey taste and burns wet. but it is not a bad tasting tobacco and its farily cheap tobacco. still compared to Davidoff Danish, its crap.

Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Heavly cased tobacco, very sweet with some chimical aroma of n'import quoi,they completly miss this one, stay away from it

Mick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mick (10)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Smoking this one is like smoking mouldy oranges. Why they advertise it as Orange and Honey I don't know. The honey is barely detectable. Each to their own though, a friend of mine likes this one, but I wouldn't even rate it. Like all the other BR blends I've tried so far, this one bites, sometimes quite hard. I couln't even muster the stubborness to finish a pouch of this mould in a bag.