C&D combines high grade white and dark Burleys from Kentucky, then make their own small-cut cubes. A light pack will reward you with a delightfully cool, and long lasting smoke. Regarded as a blending tobacco.

Notes: This was an Amar Blends Co. mixture. Cornell and Diehl bought the rights of all their old recipes.

Blended ByAmar Blends Co.
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley
CutCube
Strength
Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
2.9

What you see is what you get. I have purchased this blend on two separate occasions because I like an honest burley every now and then as a change of pace.

This blend is cube cut, packs easily and burns well. Like most C&D blends, it is dry in the bag, but, does not smoke particularly warm. I think this is a characteristic of all burleys, but this is a high end burley, more refined than most.

If you are a burley fancier and have not risen above Prince Albert type burleys, well, here's your chance to finally get a ticket into the first class section. If, however, burley is not your bag, then leave this bag alone.

cobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cobacco (52)
Strong None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

Very respectable strength and quality from C&D. I liked the quality of this cubed burley when I tried Crooner blend, so I ordered a bit of the straight stuff to try. It's knot in the chest strong! Probably not what most folks would smoke alone. Very easy to pour and smoke. Crisp, spicy zing with the flavor (for lack of better descriptions) of fresh cut alfalfa? Less bite than I anticipated. I plan to use this cube cut burley to doctor up milder blends that I like but find uninspiring to smoke. If you plan to smoke much of this stuff straight, I'd recommend a screen in the bottom of the pipe, or at least a pinch of rough cut or ribbon to keep the draw clear and free of chunky bits.

Pipe Used: MM Legend COB

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

Purchased From: smokingpipes

Demetri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Demetri (113)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

"white and dark Burleys from Kentucky", cubed. Yes, their description is correct. It's a blender and priced as high as their Red Virginia Cavendish which should indicate their own internal demand for the product.

It may be a blender but sometimes I just want to smoke tobacco without a lot of fuss and without being challenged to fathom the nuances of flavors. This has just good tobacco flavor nothing more, nothing less.

This is the blend I used to enhance Durbar and make it smokeable for me.

Pipe Used: Corncob

Age When Smoked: Current production

StylesSharpman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
StylesSharpman (24)
Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

Burleys it seems always gives me 1heckofabuzz- nothing that will turn me green or make me tired, so i love it. On its own in the bag it smells like cereal (think all bran) Charring brings about very strong scent, the flavor is pretty simple but has huge body. Smoking down the bowl reveals smoky vegetal & oat kind of flavors. For me this is really great on its own. Mildly acrid taste with DGT but that fades quickly enough.

The Keeper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Keeper (112)

I am reviewing several C+D blending tobaccos as a precursor to some blending experiments. I know not many people blend, but these reviews may provide some hints to those wanting to do so.

Definitely a bit milder and slightly more earthy than the dark burley. It provides the kind of airy "toasty" yet bitter smell and flavor familiar to fanciers of this mutation. Probably a good balance to denser flavors of burley and va.

William H. Hardy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
William H. Hardy (64)
Strong None Detected Very Full Strong

This is some stout Burley! I ordered about four ounces of this after I finished 2 ounces of Crooner, as I figured this is what I loved about that blend. I have to say, this stuff is great! A little stronger than I want, for my preferences, but a good, hearty Burley.

Of course there are the classic Burley overtones of nuttiness, chocolate, and earthiness, but there's a lot more, too. This is three different kinds of burley, which have been pressed into a cake, sliced, and cube cut. It's not as complex as a five year old Virginia, but there is definitely enough complexity to keep one interested.

All in all, this is a great tobacco, whether for a mixer or to smoke straight. Be careful with it, however. It's definitely a 3.5 for me. Due to the strength, however, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Also, be careful of little flaming cubes popping out of the bowl while you smoke it.

Pipe Used: Custom-bilts and an old Yello-Bole

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (135)
Strong None Detected Mild Tolerable

I rarely smoke this by itself, but it's not that bad alone. Has some burley nuttiness to it. I prefer to use this as a mixing blend for aromatics, giving aromatics a nic hit. Not quite a good of mixer as five brothers, but not bad. If you are looking for an awesome cube cut burley blend, try Crooner!

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 4

After Taste = 8

Raw Score = 42

Rated Percentage = 70%

Comment = Ok Burley Taste, was way to Dry, the small cubes don't stay in the pipe while smoking, Lane Limited's BLWB is a much better Burley