Primarily sweet, rough cut Burley with small amounts of Latakia, Perique and Turkish added for flavor.

Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique
Strength
Strong
Taste

3.4
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

This tobacco is fine right off the bat, but six months of aging improves it quite a bit, and I recommend you do that. The burley taste is nutty, slightly chocolatey, and a little stronger than your average burley. The perique is not predominant, but is sublimated by the other components. There's just enough latakia and turkish to give it the extra "oomph" that I find very pleasing. I don't think it's as strong as some of the other reviewers do, but this is not a weak blend either. If you need more burley fullness than, say Three Friars or an OTC blend, this may work well for you.

whitebriar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
whitebriar (29)
Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable to Strong

can't add much to what has already been said--if you like good, strong, old fashioned tobacco, then this is for you--

reminds me of what the 'old geezers' used to smoke in the old general stores, or the barber shop in my old hometown back in the '40s and '50s--i've been looking for this one for a long time-- can't believe it took me this long to try it--

if you don't like fairly potent tobacco, give it a miss; otherwise buy and pound and settle in for some good smoking-- __________________________________________________________ EDIT:after six months in the jar, this wonderful burley blend has done nothing but improve--the flavors have melded, and the rough edges have smoothed greatly--it's almost sweet(subtly sweet)and oh so enjoyable to sit back on the porch with; kicked back in the rocker and just relax and unwind while sipping on what may be the best burley based blend in the C & D stable--

C&D certainly named this one properly. It's definitely burley at the forefront, burley in the middle and burley to the rear. Oh, they throw in a bunch of other condimental tobaccos which do their job - they stay behind and provide a bit of toning and nuance. But this is burley, first and foremost.

The "Big" part of the name is also appropriate. This has a HUGE burley taste! Even the cut is big. Big n' Burley, indeed!

No shortage of flavor here. This is burley at its finest, from the folks who know how to blend it. If you're looking for a "set it and forget it" smoke, forget it! Too much flavor here to sit back and not notice. If you're squeamish about nicotine, look elsewhere. But if you love the taste of burley, look no further. This is an excellent tobacco and I can't believe it doesn't have more followers. It's made a fan of me!

Talonr1701 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Talonr1701 (119)

I have discovered I can't take latakia in more than a condimental level. Mr. Tarler made this suggestion and after half my sample I can say it was a great one. This is one of the best blended examples of a Old time Burley blend. The Perique, Turkish and Latakia never step out of the Chorous, giving the burlyies the spotlight. Cut of this blend is chunky-Which I like- Supports the frank method of fill. Sweet smokey and nutty- Others have refered to a cigar like taste....Don't get that at all. For me its a great subsitute for an english....Top stars for the Burley lovers and those looking for a condimental use of Latakia.....Not for the drip crowd....

Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I love this blend and smoke it often. Lots of Burley flavor and heavy on the nicotine... What's not to like?

This one arrives rather dry in the tin and delivers a knockout blow with every swing. I never taste the Perique and the Latakia is so far in the background that it too, can be missed.

You want to grow a moustache overnight? Smoke a bowl of Big and Burley just before bedtime.

morleysson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
morleysson (23)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Big and Burley. I only wish that I had been bright enough to conceive of this blend. It is a blend that clearly is neither for the faint of heart nor the uninitiated. My briar brothers and sisters, this is just rough-cut burley w/o much adornment. A little latakia and perique, a dash of turkish, all are like minot decorations on an old Int'l Harvester pickup. This is the roughcut burley show, which bites a little at first light, smoothes out in a grand nut-flavored smoke w/ hints of connecticut cigar leaf, then eases into a pleasant but heady finale. It burns cool w/o much extraneous moisture, cooler and smoother than Edgeworth RRd but not quite as full and sweet,. which probably could be attributed to the cubecut burley in the RRd. Personally, I like burleys. They are joyful for their flexibility and compatibility with some other tobaccos. But, burleys are tricky, and have to be approached with some respect for their potent quality. Burleys by nature have very little sugar so they burn a little cooler but can be harsh in the larger leaf. Unlike VAs which favor a smaller bowl, the burleys smoke best in a larger bowl pipe packed a little looser than normal. B&B deserves a large bowl, loosely packed and tamped frequently to experience its gifts of taste and aroma. My only caveat is to smoke slooooowly and savor the tastes. And, never a Dunhill, too much the gentleman for the burley. A cob with B&B might work to your advantage, or a Carey or custombilt could work very well.

Medium to Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a Burley lover's dream come true. I've been smoking a lot of Latakia/Burley blends lately and this is one of the best. The strong, creamy, nutty Burley leads the way here. The Latakia next with lesser contributions from the Orientals and Perique. There's a touch of sweetness and just a slight touch of spice. Not very complex, but full in flavor. Medium to full in body. An excellent blend.

Pipe Used: MM Freehand, MM General

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

SecretAgentMan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SecretAgentMan (27)
Strong Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Came a ziploc from C&D as part of a sampler. Chopped flakes, alternating shades of milk- and bitter-chocolate and had a slightly-sweet smell. I smoked it 4 times over 5 days in a new MM General because I kept trying to like it and really couldn't. The smoke begins with a false, papery, acrid note, which reminded me of Backwoods convenience-store cigar. This note diminishes during the first third of the bowl but never disappears entirely.

Other tastes begin to appear during the first third of the bowl and gain more intensity as the smoke continues. Coffee, carob and honey with a tiny whiff of sulphur. They would be quite pleasant without the occasional return of the "Backwoods essence." The taste lingers more as a residue than a continuation of the smoke and remains despite tea and a bite to eat. I'm starting to think I don't like Burley, since this "Backwoods flavor" keeps nagging me when I smoke tobacco that has burley in it. If you don't have that issue, this would be a great tobacco.

It's fairly strong, somewhere between GH Dark and Brown Flakes. It's nice, but it has some irritating angles, not least that it won't leave when its welcome is out. I never found myself looking forward to another bowl. Its nicotine content is its saving grace.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (110)

As soon as I lit this blend, I immediately liked it. The burley is as described by C&D; naturally sweet. This might be the best burley blend I ever smoked.

Big & Burley never turned bitter and is easy to keep lit. The latakia is way in the background and is faintly noticeable.

I never thought that I would like this, but recent reviews inspired me to give this a whirl. I am glad I did. Perhaps Cornell & Diehl are making me a bit of a burley fan.

Govern Yourself Accordingly!

cobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cobacco (25)
Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

I decided to try Big n Burley because it has good reviews and I was hoping to finally find a Burley blend that I like. Previous attempts with Burley have been booring, weak, and uninspiring to the point that I either threw the stuff out or cellared it mainly to avoid smoking anymore. Good news is I've found my Burley!

There's nothing booring about B&B. In fact, the wonderful sweetness and spiciness combine to make a very interesting Burley experience. The quality of the tobacco is also nice; no stems or woody chunks, just soft slightly moist good stuff in the bag. Bag note is sort of light roast coffee among other things. There's a very pleasant Burley flavor but I can also taste the Perique and Latakia. The spiciness and sweetness keep me interested well beyond the powerful buzz hits and I wish it could last forever.

This is the fourth excellent experience that I've had with Cornell & Diehl and I'm starting to suspect that I've found my favorite brand, especially considering the bulk prices. Basically what I have found is that C&D has high quality ingredients, not doped up with PPG.

Pipe Used: MM Cob

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

Purchased From: smokingpipes

codyp Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
codyp (65)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

This blend is just superb. All the way from flavor to strength. The Latakia stays in the background and keeps it pretty simple, and easy to smoke without thinking about it too much.

It's really just a nutty, creamy, kinda campfire spicy, kick in the face.

Four stars.

Pipe Used: AKB Freehand Meerschaum, Nording Poker

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

Kraft1994 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kraft1994 (54)

Big n' Burley is big beautiful Burley flavor. A nutty, full flavored burley backed up nicely with a slight smokey, woodsy flavor added from the latakia. The perique and orientals are not really noticeable however I'm sure they are necessary for the overall quality of this blend. All the sweetness and spice in the blend I would attribute to the burley and latakia. Overall, Big n' Burley is an excellent burley based blend with the slightest bit of latakia added. A must for any burley lovers.

Pipe Used: Peterson System Standard

7formy1911 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
7formy1911 (34)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Being an unabashed fan of burleys and C&D blends in particular it should have been a forgone conclusion for me to have tried this blend a while ago. I suppose the name may have made me question the strength of this blend and that was enough to hold off on trying this particular burley. Well I should have just jumped into trying it a while back because this is a great blend that is something that will quickly be in my regular rotation and join the ranks of Old Joe Krantz.

When looking at the leaves it seems to be a nice chunky cut of medium brown with a very small smattering of darker leaves which seem to be the latakia and perique. I couldn't for the life of me find the turkish in there but it may just be hiding. Although C&D lists this as an "English" blend it is most certainly not and if you buy this thinking that you'll be horribly disappointed. It is a through and through burley blend with strength in flavor and I would rate it on the medium-high scale for nicotine but nothing that would give me the spins or create a flip flopping stomach. Just treat it with respect and slowly enjoy it by sipping away on a quiet afternoon. This is not a blend to be rushed.

The taste is pretty straight forward and I read one review that nailed the taste profile exactly: "chocolate covered dirt." It's earthy with a beautiful burley/chocolate taste and an ever so slight sweetness that you can coax out through sipping. The condimental tobaccos rarely ever poke their head out and only briefly can you catch the perique. Even so they add interest to the blend and move it from just a plain burley into something that is blending genius. If you enjoy burley then you can't miss this one. Just treat it with respect and make sure you're not hurrying through the bowl.

Tripjoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tripjoker (64)

I'm still wondering about this blend. After four ounces, I still do not know whether I like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but there seems to be something missing here. I think the condimental tobaccos are too light. They could easily be bumped up without any harm to the base of Burley.

The packing is not a problem because the leaf is so silken and soft to work with. The lighting is easy and the smoke is thick and rich. The acridity of the burley is not tamed completely here. That is what I meant about the condimental tobaccos. This could be smoother and more tasty if just a tad more Latakia and Turkish were added. The perique is not a problem here, the level seems just right.

For what it is worth, I will not be buying more. I think they missed (IMO) with this one by the slimmest of margins. I could add the extras myself, but that isn't why I buy tinned blends. I don't want to do the alchemy myself. Sorry to rain on the admiration parade here, but I just think this was meant for the ardent Burley fan alone. Cheers!

piedpipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
piedpipester (19)
Extremely Strong None Detected Very Full Strong

This is a late night go to for me when i've had all the latakia I care to taste for the day. Packs and lights well, will burn a little fast if you let it, so sipping is my preferred method.

It's got nicotine for sure, but i'm addicted to nicotine, so it works out for me. As a reformed cigar nut, I can taste maduro cigar notes in this tobacco from time to time. The latakia and others are decernable, but the burley is the big hitter in this blend. If you are smoking danish blends, you might want to skip this one, but I find it a good alternative to english type blends, a great change of pace. Highly Recommended

Tenthgate Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tenthgate (2)
Very Strong None Detected Very Full Very Strong

Extremely potent for the uninitiated smoker, I can easily get lightheaded off a small bowl of this stuff from the nicotine. However, I have never smoked cigarettes.

It burns well, relights even better. The texture of the leaf is very springy and a pleasant light brown, it comes ready to smoke.

The taste can leave you hesitant at first as it is apparent that this is a potent blend, but a little bit of faith and slow deep smoking is rewarded with an unbelievably rich taste. The orientals add an exotic and lovely spiciness but the real reward is the smooth and heady nutty taste that comes through, especially on relights and deeper into the bowl.

The room note is atrocious for anyone but the smoker. I smoke it in a cob but would consider using a forever churchwarden stem on it because unlike some other blends where the smoke compliments the taste, this one does not.

EDIT: Downgraded this to 3 stars as I've developed my tastes and found blends to which this does not necessarily compare. It is still exceptional in its function, that is to provide a hook to the face when you're looking for that. I keep a jar now for when I'm feeling particularly manly.

Slickheadhunter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Slickheadhunter (7)
Strong None Detected Very Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Can you say robust? This tobacco is very rich in that old fashioned burley way,blended by the burley masters at Cornell&Diehl.Cant really taste much of the latakia,turkish or perique,but I can seem to detect the latakia and turkish when mixed with Green river vanilla from C&D.I love the taste of this burley but if smoked too fast I get knocked over with a nicotine attack! Good stuff.

Txspurgeon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Txspurgeon (8)
Very Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

You know, I am a HUGE burley fan. But this just wasn't my cup of tea. I am starting to wonder if Pipes and Cigars sent me the right thing based on everyone else's description. This stuff did not taste that good, it was very harsh! Room note was horrible. I got it today..i'll give it another chance tomorrow. If it goes the same way, then I'll stand by my review. Sorry Mr. Runowski...this one just wasn't for me.

UPDATE...Left the bag open overnight so it would dry out a bit. I was a litle "harsh" on it yesterday. This tobacco has to be sipped though!! It is NOT Prince Albert! This is a manly smoke. Room note isnt too bad. Taste pretty good actually. Just stout. It will be occasional for me. I prefer my baccy a little smoother. But after a big meal of elk steaks and fried potatoes...this ought to be great on a cold night. Just make sure to sip it like hot coffee.

Country Doc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Country Doc (20)
Very Strong Extremely Mild Full Tolerable

First experience with this, smoked in a Sasieni 4 dot. Impressions:

Pouch aroma: sweet, musty, woodsy

Consistency: light, springy, packs easily just right

1st puffs: smooth, pleasant, good strength, chocolate flavor evident immediately

Smoke character: thick, rich, satisfying

2nd half: the nic kick is intense; the flavor never wavers or changes – big, mellow, with chocolate tones riding above the nutty sweetness

Aftertaste: Pleasant, echoes the taste of the smoke

Overall: Too much nicotine for this boy, otherwise, excellent quality and enormous flavor.

Zanaspus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zanaspus (1)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Though I have browsed the reviews on this site ad nauseum, this is the first tobacco that has prompted me to actually write something for I love this like no other.

C&D lists this under "English Blends." What? Whaaaat!? I have smoked english blends, I own english blends, I often enjoy english blends. You sir, are no English blend. Perique? If you say so, but I cannot taste it unlike, say Old Joe Krantz which C&D sees fit to list as a burley. Turkish? Umm, ok. Latakia? My tastebuds nor my visual acuity (Latakia is a dark old leaf) can detect any.

Nope, this is Burley! Earthy, chocolatey, delicious burley. I could, and often do, smoke nothing but this all day. Think Wessex Burley slice (which I incidentally love) that knew somebody. Puffed hard, it unfolds like chocolate covered balls of earth in the mouth. Smoked respectfully, it adds some higher, sweeter notes. Smoke however you like as my body chemistry absolutely cannot make this stuff bite or even tingle.

I have taken to ordering this stuff by the pound as I read Dunhill, etc. horror stories.

Whatever the case, if you like burley, you owe it to yourself to try this.

Idahosmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Idahosmoker (8)
Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

C&D's B&B is for me, an all day smoke. A bulk tobacco, it is one that I would be willing to pay for tinned.

For me, a very dry smoke with hardly any bite at all. I was surprised to read that there was Latakia in here as I couldn't taste it.

This is my first burley tobacco. I honestly didn't know what to expect when I purchased my first 1 ounce sampler. I smoked my first bowl, and finished that ounce in less then two days. Since then, I've smoked 3 more ounces and am currently working on a 4 ounce bag.

If B&B represents what burley tobacco is, then I think I'm hooked. The taste is not too sweet, and it's strength lets me know that what I'm smoking should be respected and enjoyed.

The nicotine content is quite high, but for me it's the right amount. I do highly recommend that you have something to sip while smoking this as it does tend to dry out the mouth. Also, be prepared for the occasional strong hit. The nicotine somewhat sneaks up on me. I'll be fine one minute, and then next thing I know I'll have the hiccups and my throat will start to "tighten up."

For those of you who are looking for a no-nonsense tobacco to be a daily staple and who also enjoys a relatively high vitamin N kick, I strongly recommend this blend!

- February 26, 2010 update - I'm still smoking this wonderful weed. Weed - that term does not do this tobacco justice. I purchase this in bulk, a pound at a time, and make it my all day smoke. Never once has this tobacco bitten me, and it always satisfies no matter what pipe I'm smoking it in. I can say that after three months of smoking this daily, this is still my favorite tobacco blend. If I could, I would rate this a 20 out of 10! Highly recommended!

Group 4 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Group 4 (8)

I've been smoking B n B almost exclusively for a year -- don't get me wrong, I like other blends, but this is consistently satisfying and I come back to it daily. It's a medium strength smoke, some say heavy on the nicotine but I couldn't tell you. My gf says it smells like cigarettes so I can't give it high marks on the room note. But taste-wise is where it counts, and here it exceeds. There is a little latakia, repeat "little," so it's not uni-dimensional but it is an unapologetic burley blend. Sometimes I get a little burley hiccup with it but never tongue bite or dry mouth. There is NO aromatic component so you needn't fear some jam berry taste. The only other burley tobacco that I would smoke regularly is Butera's Kingfisher. 4 stars UPDATE 2/28/14: 5 years later and I still smoke this often though not daily. It still satisfies me in a way other tobaccos haven't

periqueguy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
periqueguy (41)
Medium None Detected Full Pleasant

For those, like me, who love burley, this is the perfect blend. The burley is dominant and the latakia, perique and turkish just add a subtle flavor that actually enhances the burley and provides and very unique tobacco taste. Without question, a good all day smoke for any burley proponent!

DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (141)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

I personally liked this one -- not enough to buy again, but I enjoyed the two-ounces that C&D sent as part of a sampler pack. If there was ever an example of truth in advertising, this is it, as this blend is ridiculously "big" in the taste department and it's almost completely about "burley," with just a hint of condimental leaf. As much as I enjoyed this, though, I can't in good conscience give it three stars because it strikes me as being a niche tobacco. A few of us -- those who really like obscenely powerful burleys -- will like this, but it's probably not going to be a pleasant experience for the other 99 percent of pipe smokers (if nothing else, the nicotine level is almost dangerous). I highly recommend this for folks who like strong burley flavor and effect, but not recommended at all for anyone else.

wordmerchant Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wordmerchant (16)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I am very much a Burley fancier. Burley agrees with my body chemistry and it is a staple of my diet. I take comfort in the arms of Burley, finding pleasure in all of her nuances and in her sweetness.

Big N? Burley takes my love for Burley and it kicks it up into new realms. This is a beautifully crafted tobacco. Burley is certainly in the forefront with wisps of chocolate and softwoods. The Latakia is applied with a delicate hand, augmenting rather than masking; the Turkish adds the soft flavour of spice rather than heat and the Perique offers a lovely interplay with the Latakia, bringing a sweet mustiness to the mix.

At times, there is a singular note to the bowl (a sweet, musty cedar with a glimmer of cigar) while at other times, the individual components dance and swirl over the palette. It?s easy to slide into the zone with this bite-free blend.

This is a fuller smoke and yet, for me, it could easily be an all day adventure. I often enjoy Big N' Burley as my first pipe of the day (usually mid-morning) and yet it is just as delightful at night.

Strongly encouraged to lovers of Burley and English fans looking for something with a solid Burley base. Wonderful in medium sized pipes with longer stems.

Big N? Burley has a permanent place in my rotation.

Highly recommended.

lensman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lensman (30)
Strong Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

Another high-quality tobacco, expertly blended, from C&D. Fellow pipesters, this is testosterone in a pipe bowl. My beard grew one half inch whilst smoking a medium sized bowl.

The cut is wonderfully broken with some quite large flakes. Even the cut is manly.

The pouch aroma is alluringly nutty with some grassy notes.

Easy to load, light, and only a few relights. I too find it beneficial to tamp at it during your smoke.

From your first puff, the flavor is profound. On the strong side, the dominating flavor is indeed the burley. The skillful addition of the remaining tobaccos is what sets Big 'n Burley apart from the pack. The Turkish and Latakia support the burleys just enough to keep the smoke tantalizing without stealing the show. If I didn't read it for myself, I wouldn't know the perique was in the blend. There is a cigar-like experience with this pipe-weed, but it does not taste like a cigar. It is stout, rich and fulfilling. I smoke each bowl to the very bottom.

As others have warned, so I warn -- smoke this blend slowly and grant it respect. I suggest smoking it with your favorite beverage at hand. Tea or bottled water worked well for me. The smoke is cool, but this is burley and tends to dry the mouth.

It works well in the p.m. and evening. I've not noticed any benefit to smoking it in a particular type of pipe, or a particular size of bowl.

My review in a word would be -- Brilliant!

OTRFF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OTRFF (44)
Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

This one just didnt do it for me. I agree that this is a full blend you wouldnt want to smoke all day. I could barely detect the latakia, perique or turkish in this blend as they are in such small quantities. The burley has a good flavor to it but the overall experience is fairly one dementional to say the least. Others had refered to the cigar like overtones, if I want a cigar after a meal, I would buy a cigar. I didnt care for the cut of this as well, it was similar to loading up with a bag of gravel. This is in no way meant to discourage anyone from the C&D line (as this is the only one that I have tried that didnt work for me personally) The quality of leaf is fine, and Craig is putting out some awesome stuff. Big-n-Burley and me just didnt hit it off.

akaiser77 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
akaiser77 (52)
Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This must be the ultimate "man tobacco." Burley, Turkish, and a little latakia blended together in a rather large ribbon cut. The smell in the pouch isn't overpowering, but you know you're not dealing with a wimpy blend here. Upon lighting, there are cigar overtones, a stout burley base, and a pleasant interplay of the strong Turkish and mild latakia.

This is not my idea of an all-day smoke, but it makes for a fantastic now-and-then blend.

Mr. Dottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Dottle (161)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

12/6/2004

I agree with the esteemed and eloquent reviewer to the north. I will only expound a bit. This tobacco is, indeed, a full, heady blend with cigar-like overtones. Unless you are a cigar lover, I wouldn't consider this an all day blend. I could not handle B n' B in the morning hours. For me, I found it best after a full meal, just like a good cigar.

Update 3/21/2014: Upping to four stars. The more I smoke it the better I like it. But, then again, I am a burleyophile, now favoring the medium to strong burley based blends.

A cigarette is to be smoked. A cigar is to be enjoyed. A pipe is to be savored.

I rate this tobacco 9.5 out of 10.

ChilledOut Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ChilledOut (1)
Strong Medium Full Tolerable

As a multi-decade burley smoker, I looked forward to trying this blend after reading all the glowing reviews. I was disappointed. It's aroma before loading was good, it packed and lit nicely, but I found the taste to be harsh and not at all pleasant. I tried several loads in medium and large bowled pipes, trying both rather loose and semi-tight packing without favorable results to my palate. While I am perplexed regarding my experience, I decided to pass it along for whatever it might be worth to anyone thinking about trying this blend. For perspective, I currently smoke Solani Aged Burley Flake and SG FVF almost exclusively.

Pipe Used: Cavicchi

Age When Smoked: 1 week

Purchased From: Smoking pipes

Similar Blends: This tobacco was unique in my experience..