Tobacco orders outs...

Notifications
Clear all

Tobacco orders outside EU

smokethefox
Topic starter
Estimable Member

My dear smoke addicts!

Do you have any experiance, advice, suggestion regarding tobacco orders outside EU? (Im located in Slovakia)

Thanks in advance!

SmokeTheFox

17 Replies
Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

It much depends on the country. A Hungarian member of this forum says there are no problems in Hungary, but in most EU countries you have to pay VAT + Local tobacco tax if the parcel is intercepted by customs.

5 Replies
smokethefox

Estimable Member

Thanks José! I will give it a try, just a smaller amount of baccy from smokingpipes.com. I will update the thread once the transaction finished.

Stah
 Stah

Trusted Member

If you try to sneak under custom radar, SPC is not the best option 😉 

Try to connect with 4noggins instead.

smokethefox

Estimable Member
  • Thanks!!! Just did, what you suggested. Waiting for their answer.
Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

Everybody I asked suggest 4noggins.

nach0

Noble Member

Here in Brazil is a common sense that 4noggins is only one that worth to try when sneaking the baccy.

smokethefox
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Thank you all for the help! Much appreciated!

I contacted 4noggins, if they ever shipped to Slovakia. They said, they did not yet, but other countries in EU were no problem. I will soon place an order, 250 g of baccy for starters. 

I will update you how it went.

1 Reply
Sir Otter

Reputable Member

Try cupojoes.com and to be extra safe you can order a bag of coffee too, that way you can fly under the radar by ordering coffee or tea. Otherwise just don't order more than 3 tins, customs becomes more suspicious with extra weight. 

Sir Otter
Reputable Member

The issue is that EU law prevents you from ordering internationally, due to legislation a few years ago. The good news is that C&D and GL Pease now have a few blends available in the EU now (especially in Germany) unfortunately they are marked up double the price compared to the USA, but shipping internationally is expensive anyway so it balances out.

There are some German sites willing to ship within the EU. There is also a site in Czechia that will ship within the EU as well. There are only a handful because of the new Track and Trace laws that were meant to prevent cigarette smuggling, and requires tobacco vendors to have expensive logistics systems. That's why Estervals and other websites gave up shipping with in the EU. You should be able to find some on google if you spend time searching. 

As far as customs turning a blind eye it really depends on your country, but you need to be discrete because they have to turn back any claimed tobacco imported from outside the EU, unless you have a license to import. 

2 Replies
smokethefox

Estimable Member

Thank you Sir Otter! I know the CZ site. I used to order from them. They have a great selection, but the prices went up sky high. Just like here, in Slovakia. 

The good news is, my friend is returning to Germany to work so I can order from Cigarworld once more 😀 and as you said, they have G.L Pease and C&D in selection

For comparison, a tin of Rattray, 50g, is 18 Euros in Slovakia. In Germany, under 11 Euros. I can save a lots of money.

The day is saved! For now...

Sir Otter

Reputable Member

wow, that's a huge increase in price. I am glad I stocked up in Prague a few months ago. I got many tins of Sam Gawith for a good price (they had some left from pre-Brexit so it is aged nicely too).

smokethefox
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Dear friends! Update on the topic.

My colleague came back with a large amount of baccy, that I ordered from the German site cigarworld. They have a great selection 🙂

Also, I ordered some English blends from TAK (tabak aus Kiel) they have some amazing house blends. I was impressed. Also, they ship with no problem to other EU countries.

Sir Otter
Reputable Member

I can update as well pfeifendepot.de is able to ship within the EU. 

3 Replies
Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

I tried to purchase tobacco from Germany and all the 3 webs I tried, refused to send tobacco to Spain due to EU regulations. Two of them didn´t even gave an answer.

Sir Otter

Reputable Member

I don't know if your local Spanish regulations are the issue here, but it is true that most german websites aren't shipping within the EU anymore either. I can confirm pfeifendepot will do it, you can also call their shop and talk to the owner. The number is on google. He speaks great english. You might be able to figure something out with him. 

Also, an option is www.synjeco.ch. The owner is very helpful and carries a lot of American blends (even limited editions) since they don't have the same restrictions we do. You could take a train to a Swiss P.O. box just across the border, and bring home a big load once a year. 

Trusted Member

this online shop definatly ships abroad.

https://www.pfeifen-huber.de/

smokethefox
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Dear friends. I can confirm another shop. Ken Byron ventures, from USA. Just arrived the package, 8 oz of tobacco. No problems with the customs.

target="_blank"