High nicotine conte...

Notifications
Clear all

High nicotine content suggestions

Jimmyyuma
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Howdy all, 

I've posted on other topics looking for some high nicotine tobacco and I've gotten some good suggestions but thought it would be beneficial to have one topic devoted to it rather than bouncing around.

I switched from cigarettes to a pipe just a few months ago after 54 years. Needless to say I'm constantly looking for the nicotine blast that I used to get from my former best friend 🐪 Camel. It's a daunting task going through the many hundreds of individual tobaccos looking for the strength number and reading the reviews, i'm exhausted 😂. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!👍

Topic Tags
25 Replies
Nick R
Noble Member

Good topic. My 2 cents. I am sure those more knowledgable than I will have some great information. I used to chew for many years and there are times I crave the nicotine. This has tappered over the years. With pipe smoking for me  its not so much about the just nicotine but the whole experience: the flavor, the ritual, the relaxation, the cerebral stimulation and yes, a bit of nicotine. I have never got the nicotine level I experienced when I was chewing or when I would have the occational cigarette. Its hard to do with pipes as you dont generally inhale the smoke. What I have found is that if I smoke for a long time, 30 minutes to an hour, the nicotine slowly and gently comes on board. If I am in desperate need of nicotine, I reach for a pouch, gum or the like. If I am ok with a more gradual nicotine fix, i prepare for a longer smoke and I will go for Peterson Irish Whiskey or Cornell and Diehl Old Joe Krantz original ( brown can I believe). General rule, latakia and cavendish are very low. Virginia and Perique are a bit higher. Happy hunting! I cant wait to see the other suggestions!

4 Replies
Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Thanks Nick! Here's a screenshot of 3 tobaccos arriving Tuesday, all 3 are suggestions from other posts I made searching this subject. I look forward to many more! 💨 No more cigarettes 🚬 for me!

1704650560-Screenshot_20240107-061443.png
nach0

Noble Member

Irish flake and Bold Kentucky gave me hiccup due to the nicotine content. Really good choice.

Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Excellent to hear😂, not the hiccup part but the high nicotine. 👍 

nach0

Noble Member

to be honest i enjoyed quite a lot 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

When I picked a pipe back up almost 25 years ago, I had been smoking cigs and cigars, so I had the same desire for strong tobacco as you describe.

Highest nicotine tobacco available (from strongest to weakest) is Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug, Dark Flake, both the Aromatic and unscented, Brown Bogie, Brown Irish X and the variations of it, Whiskey Twist, Rum Twist, etc. Following closely behind those is Mac Baren Rustica. Lesser, but still quite strong would be Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired and Bold Kentucky, C&D Old Joe Krantz and Billy Budd if you want a strong Latakia blend, then following down would be Peterson’s Irish Flake and 3 P’s. There are others but they are a little more obscure. 

11 Replies
Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Thank you, Ted! You're a wealth of knowledge and you've given me plenty of items to explore in the near future. 👍 I think the Mac Barens I ordered were also from your suggestion, thanks again. I look forward to reviewing them in the coming weeks.

You Da man! 

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Thanks! By the way, if you ever want to take the deep plunge into the strongest nicotine tobacco that exist, it is possible to order Mapacho from various countries in South America. It’s straight Rustica (the Mac Baren version is blended) and I’ve had some Mapacho that you could almost feel the nicotine from just handling it 🙂

Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Yikes, I'm getting a buzz just thinking about it! 😂 🏃‍♂️<---Me running to the interwebs to find it! 

nach0

Noble Member

Search for MOI tobacco, here in Brazil they sell it in rope, incredible strong....

1704665290-porronca.jpg
nach0

Noble Member

I only smoked it once and i don´t want it again   😆 

1704665553-tabaco-moi.jpg
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I’ve actually been thinking about ordering some for months now. It’s been years since I had any. The last rope I had was from Brazil and it had a nice flavoring on it, almost seemed like some kind of rum. 

Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

I was just looking perusing this wild website...

1704669016-Screenshot_20240107-160559.png
Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

I just found this from psychedelic times, it must be good 😂👍

Also the prices are quite affordable to take the plunge! 

1704668599-Screenshot_20240107-155641.png
nach0

Noble Member

A psychedelic site selling MOI and Mapacho matches perfectly with the expected effects  hahahahahaah 😆 

Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Hey Ted! I received my Mac Barens Rustica and Bold Kentucky yesterday along with a tin of Peterson Irish flake. I've been on a high flying nicotine cloud all last night and today when I first woke up.😂 Seriously good stuff that perfectly satisfies my hunger. My search is over for the time being but I'm sure I'll branch out again along with reordering these 3. I now have 19 different tobaccos in my collection and probably half of them I wouldn't have bought if I had consulted this forum first.😭 

Thanks for the help! 

Oh, and the Mac Barens packaging is beautiful, it's like I'm opening a high dollar fancy chocolate box, only more delicious! 👍

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I’m glad to hear you are all set for now. It’s no fun to feel like you want a cigarette while you’re smoking a pipe, I know. 

Reputable Member

Ted mentioned C&D's Billy Budd. I would think some of the other blends with cigar tobacco in them would have higher nicotine content also.

Sir Otter
Reputable Member

Warhorse.

1704801060-whs-tp-1001.jpg
4 Replies
Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Thank you Sir! 👍 

smokethefox

Estimable Member

Nice suggestion! This little pony is on my list too... I just need to get myself to order it from 4noggins.

BTW, I go for Rattray's Sterling flake, or Robert McConell Latakia flake, if I need the vitamin N.

Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

You'll love Robert McConnell Latakia Flake.

Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Thanks! I'm going to put it on my list!  👍 

Mr.Pink

I was in the same boat as you smoked cigs and switched to the pipe 20 years ago. I smoked Marlboro reds. Those above recommendations are good, but you can't smoke ropes all day long. You can try what I do and Try Virginas which are readily available if you want to inhale go right ahead! for daily nicotine and not heavily topped with artificial flavors. What i cellar and smoke daily and these are staples if you want to replace cigarettes. probably a good start.

Virginia 

gl pease Union Square  

Peterson flake 

capstan blue 

G@H Brown flake if you like a dose of burley

Virginia perique 

Elizabethan Mixture 

1 Reply
Jimmyyuma

Estimable Member

Thanks Mr Pink! I just added the union square and Peterson flake to my shopping cart! They'll probably get here by Wednesday. I polished off a tin of Sutliff Pipe Force episode VI which has a strength rating of 4 and is very inhale able with a good kick so I'm getting another tin or two of that also, oh and 2 more pipes because I only have 6. 😂

Thanks for the suggestions! 👍

target="_blank"