Forums

Favourite Perique H...

Notifications
Clear all

Favourite Perique Heavy Va/Pers?

Sir Otter
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I am visiting the USA in May, so I want to bring back a lot of good perique blends. What are your top recommendations? Anything besides Va/Pers that are a must buy for American tobacco? 

6 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

That’s an interesting thought in that I am usually thinking of what we can’t easily get here, not the other way around.

If you’re able to get some while you’re here, Pipe Force Episode VI had moved into top pick for a Perique blend for me, it’s really outstanding. G. L. Pease Windjammer is another I would recommend. If you’re looking for the musty side of Perique, Haunted Bookshop is a classic. I’m hesitant to mention many of my favorites since they are limited releases or small batch blends that you are unlikely to find.

I will continue to think about this, I’m sure most are slipping my mind because of my familiarity with them. 🤪

Bring some of Rona’s Black and Gold Special with you when you come! 

2 Replies
Sir Otter

Reputable Member

I can bring some! I think I sent you an email a while back.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I’m sorry I never received your email. I just double checked and nothing is there. I don’t know what happened. My email is [email protected]. 

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

A couple of other thoughts, you’re probably going to have to order whatever tobacco you want and have it shipped to wherever you’re staying here. Tobacconists well stocked with pipe tobaccos are a very rare thing in most areas of the US anymore. With a few exceptions, you probably won’t be able to find very much locally to where you come. 

The other thing is that if you’re really interested in Perique, you can buy pure Perique here and have it to add to other tobacco you can get more easily at home. I currently have four different Periques in my cellar for blending. 

ATW
Reputable Member

I agree with Ted. It's kinda hard to find a tobacconist that stocks anything besides re-labeled lane ltd blends. But depending on where you are going will play a big part in it too. A few US states don't have shipping available from certain online retailers too.  But unfortunately, that's politics. Tobacco taxes are different in every state. 

Blend wise, if you're able to get them and other than what the eroupean manufacturers only market for the US, you only have 2 actual manufacturers to choose from now. Cornell &  Diehl and Sutliff. Personally, I'm not a fan of Sutliff. I call their VA's, vinegar aromatics. But C&D produces ALOT of brands and heavy hitters in the perique department. And IMO, the perique they are using now is better than anything I've had in a long time.  Gl Pease has one that I love called Triple Play. C&D Three Friars, Exhausted Rooster are good ones also. 

1 Reply
Sir Otter

Reputable Member

I love Triple Play, gotta try your other 2 recommendations. 

target="_blank"