Extortion at the bo...

Notifications
Clear all

Extortion at the border!

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

I recently purchased a little over 300g of pipe tobacco and 5 cigars from tobacco pipes.com for 152 of your wonderful American dollars. The guys who check packages at the border and charge any taxes, etc., to a customer, tried to charge me for 2378g and 936 American dollars! Now I have to navigate a website in Danish, which isn’t my forte, to correct their error and get my tobacco for a less extortionate amount.

5 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

That’s unfortunate. I suppose it’s just like anything in life, it’s just a matter of time before you cross paths with a jerk. I hope you’re able to correct the situation. 

Hopefully this means you’ve used up your jerk encounter quota for a while. 😃

Nick R
Noble Member

I bet you navigate in Danish quicker than I would! Very frustrating. Like going to Department of Motor Vehicles or dealing with public utilities. They know they have all the power and you don't have an alternative. There always seems to be a few people that like to make life difficult for the rest of us.

3 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Fingers crossed, I’ve managed to do it. I’m certainly not paying nearly 1000 dollars for something that cost 150!

Juan José Pascual Lobo

Noble Member

Your goverment charges $1 for 2,52 grams of tobacco, not a bad business.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

At that rate, I’d owe almost $2 just for the tobacco stuck to my clothes! 

target="_blank"