Forums

Tobacco Reviews Sit...

Notifications
Clear all

Tobacco Reviews Site Updates

Terry-TobaccoReviewsAdmin
Topic starter

Greetings, fellow tobacco enthusiasts! We are thrilled to announce the grand launch of the new and improved Tobacco Reviews website. With an invigorating new look and feel, we aim to provide an even more enriching experience for all our visitors and members. Our dedicated team has poured their passion for pipe tobacco into this transformation, and we are confident that you will love the result.

As with any major update, we understand that there might be some hiccups along the way. Rest assured, we are committed to working diligently in the next few days to address any issues that may arise. Your satisfaction and user experience are of utmost importance to us, and we welcome your feedback and suggestions to enhance the platform further.

At Tobacco Reviews, we believe in continual improvement, and this launch is just the beginning of a series of exciting updates and innovations that we have planned. We will be constantly fine-tuning and expanding the site to better serve our vibrant community of pipe tobacco enthusiasts. So, keep your pipes ready, and let's embark on this exciting journey together, celebrating the wonderful world of tobacco, one review at a time. Thank you for your unwavering support, and we look forward to delighting you with an exceptional experience on our website!

If you do find anywhere that needs to be fixed or needs improvement, please feel free to post below as we will be closely monitoring this.

19 Replies
CRASHtheGREY
Reputable Member

The update to the search function alone makes it all worthwhile. Thank you for all of the hard work.

1 Reply

@crashthegreygmail-com Thanks for the positive feedback. We are still working on some issues but by the end of today, it should be working much better.

It certainly will be nice to ask some relevant questions. Up to now the site has been information only. I've often wanted to know particulars on a few tobaccos that I have not had the opportunity to ask.

I find this a welcome addition to the site. Salute to the administrators. I am certain I will find the site that much more informative.

Fine job! 

1 Reply

@mark81253gmail-com Thanks! This is a work in progress and we should be running much smoother over the next day or two.

Topic starter

We just released a few more fixes and the site should be working much better. We are monitoring it for any issues.

Topic starter

There are a couple of issues we will be rolling out fixes for today. 1. Some reviews are being linked incorrectly. 2. Being able to see older reviews and sorting them differently. 

Estimable Member

On our profile, are we going to get back our favorites list, our wish list, and the list of tobaccos we've reviewed? I sure liked that feature.

7 Replies

I want to know the answer to the same question....

BriarBerg

Check the top of your profile page - should look like this

1692648136-Screen-Shot-2023-08-21-at-35800-PM.png

I do not have those options rendered 

Same here.  While it looks like there is an intention to provide ones favorites in some fashion, clicking the button does not lead to such a listing or the like.

This should be restored now.

Not content though the Favorite selection is visible. Progress, not perfection:)

Many thanks, Terry!! Well done.  An important part of this site imo.

2packs4sure

Need the review date option back, I like to start with the newest ones..

2 Replies

Estimable Member

Same here. Miss that feature a lot. I'd rather look at the reviews from newest to oldest.

2packs4sure

I thought I was alone.........   lol

DeathMetal.org
Estimable Member

It's pretty. Still learning the ropes!

Lager
Estimable Member

I also liked the tabs for oldest, newest etc as it gave you a choice.

However I think you guys have done a great job with improvements so far.

target="_blank"