Forums

Tobacco Review Site...

Notifications
Clear all

Is this a good idea? Poll is created on Oct 06, 2023

Tobacco Review Site Suggestion - Tobacco Hall of Fame

Topic starter

Hello Pipe & Cigar community,

I just had a brilliant idea and I am unsure if it exists or has been considered, but I definitely thought I’d share! First off, I rarely smoke cigars so this will mostly pertain to pipe tobacco. We all know that there are lots of pipe tobacco blends that are clearly favorites in the community, like Early Morning Pipe, Frog Morton blends, Nightcap, My Mixture 965, etc, etc. These tobaccos have been top sellers for specific years, and maybe even for multiple years in a row. My idea was that if a tobacco has been in the top 10 or top 20 best selling tobaccos for a certain amount of years (let’s just say 5), it enters what we call the tobacco hall of fame. This would be a page/tab on the site that is dedicated to each tobacco, giving them props for their popularity and hard work. This could even be announced on the home page, and it could then allow the pipe makers to release a special tin or something which demonstrates its 5 year top selling hall of fame achievement. I also understand that there is top 10 or 20 lists, but this Hall of Fame would be permanent and would be harder to achieve and something for tobacconists to strive for. Let me know what you all think.

1 Reply
DeathMetal.org
Estimable Member

Interesting idea. Might be useful for new smokers too. We could always do this on the forum itself since we can link to blends on the site...

target="_blank"