A TobaccoReviews.co...

Notifications
Clear all

A TobaccoReviews.com Phone App?

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Hello there @BriarBerg 😊 Do you know if there are any plans to make a TobaccoReviews.com phone app, that combines the Reviews and Forum parts of the website?

I think it would enhance the user experience, if done properly. It could also include functions for buying/selling pipes and tobacco, all within one convenient user interface.

I’ve noticed a few users have struggled with aspects of the forum, as it currently exists. Quite a few pipe smokers are elderly and would probably prefer the simpler functionality that a well-designed app could provide.

It would more than pay for itself, through advertising and fees associated with buying/selling.

Just a thought.

3 Replies
BriarBerg

There aren't plans for an app at the moment I'm aware of, but I imagine it would be entertained if the logistics of it all work out. It's no secret there have been snags in the process of transitioning the website, and there are still wrinkles being ironed, I'm sure that's where attention will be placed until everything's smoothed out. But I will certainly pass along that there's interest!

2 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

There are no such apps, in the world of tobacco and pipes, that I’m aware of. That provides an opportunity to be the first-mover and claim a giant market share. Competitors would be left playing catch-up. A cool app could very well lead to years of dominance in a market that doesn’t have many opportunities because it’s become a niche.

So, why not stomp your competitors with an “everything tobacco” app? Reviews, forums, a marketplace and advertising. If costs weren’t recuperated within one year, I’d smoke my hat!

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Assuming Apple would have it on the App Store, of course 😊

target="_blank"