Forums

Notifications
Clear all

8/7/23 Site Updates

Terry-TobaccoReviewsAdmin
Topic starter

We have many updates that we are rolling out this week. 

We just rolled out some user-linking updates. You should no longer see your name linked to a review you did not make. If you still are seeing this issue please report it to us on the contact page or this topic in the forum.

Thanks and stay tuned for more updates!

30 Replies
Topic starter

What is Emeritus Account? These are accounts that have requested to be deleted but still wanted the review to stay. 

1 Reply
Sir Otter

Reputable Member

These are accounts that went inactive because of Europe's GDPR data protection laws. Basically they didn't log in for over 2 years. I am not sure what happens to the accounts in this case, but that's why so many Emeritus Accounts exist.

Davidka

There used to be an option to save blends to a favorites/wishlist. This was very helpful in keeping track of what I smoked and what I plan on getting. Will this option come back?

Thanks, I appreciate your important work! 

12 Replies

@davidka Yes, this will come back in the next week or two.

Old Tom

Trusted Member

@terry-tobaccoreviewsadmin  Awesome. I was looking for all the blends I had saved under wishlist and favorites.

I'm hoping that we will also get a category for owned tobaccos already in our collection. Previously, I had to use "favorites" for this purpose to keep track of my collection.

@oldtom Noted. Will review after current features are added.

I hope this feature would come back soon. Thanks.

Our goal is the next week or two.

Old Tom

Trusted Member

@terry-tobaccoreviewsadmin  Also, any chance we could get a dark mode for the site? It's easier on the eyes. Thanks!

@oldtom Noted. We will look into this after the planned features are completed.

Davidka

@terry-tobaccoreviewsadmin that is great news and thanks for replying, but your reply exposed a privacy issue that is much more bothering.

The handle you replied to me with is my very private email and I would prefer it stayed private. I found I can change it in my profile under "Nickname", but the default one was not my choice - that means the default nick is the email - that's bad news...

@davidka Yes, we will change this.

Davidka

@terry-tobaccoreviewsadmin thanks. Keep up the good work, I've been thru a few such changes and the beginnings are hard - hang in there, it will soon settle down.

@davidka Yeah, we will get there. No matter how much we tested the stuff, new things still popped up. 

Thanks for the support!!

nach0

Noble Member

@davidka yes, please!!

Topic starter

Now able to switch pages on reading reviews to be able to read them all. Still, a speed issue that we are working on. 

towhee89

I am able to see more reviews now, woooo! I can go to different pages also. know you guys are working hard on this. I am still a new pipe smoker, only 4 months in but I spend a ton of time on this site and it's relaxing smoking and reading reviews of the blend I'm smoking and others. It's an invaluable resource.

I have reviewed snuff and other forms of tobacco so I will contribute at some point. 

One more thing, I tried to submit a Mammoth Cave twist before the update, the Cotton Boll twist is on here but they double as a fine burley smoking tobacco with a huge nicotine hit. but it wasn't approved. Is there any guideline I need to follow when submitting? Maybe I made a mistake. 

3 Replies

@towhee89 Thanks for the support. We tested the **** out of this and yet at go live it broke. So we are now working round the clock to fix/update/make it stable. So seriously, thank you for the support! 

I'm not sure why it was not approved. I would suggest to re-add it now and just make sure not to outlink to any site. 

Old Tom

Trusted Member

@terry-tobaccoreviewsadmin
I'm really looking forward to seeing this site at full functionality, and I'm sure many others are too, so the hard work is much appreciated!

@oldtom We are slowly getting there. Tomorrow we are launching some more features. Stay tuned...

JimPM
Eminent Member

I'm sure all of us appreciate your proactive communication efforts and openness to member feedback. Nice experience.

1 Reply

Thanks for the support!

Hello Admins,

Do you have any plan to take members fee?

Topic starter

No, there are not any plans to charge users for the platform. 

Topic starter

We have updated the search with a more advanced search. 

Topic starter

Week wrap-up:

After some stability issues at the beginning of the week, it has been stable for the last 3 days. 

Some updates/fixes completed this week:

• Production - deployed this week
    • Sort options to the search
    • New min reviews field in the search
    • Update the user database to remove instances of a user’s email being used as a display name, or nickname
    • Updated the registration process to create a default display name of ‘User 123'
    • Once logged in users can adjust to whatever they prefer
    • Blog articles have had the images restored
    • Updated the from an address in communications sent by the site (forum, contact form)
    • Updated the review notes output to include spacing and basic formatting
    • fixed on blend and brand tables
    • certain tooltips should now show
    • preventing a user from submitting twice
    • uploaded pictures will now appear in the forum thread - Note that any user can drag and drop images into their topic, this only applies to the ‘choose file’
    • Also allows YouTube embeds - you have to paste them as plain text
    • Adjusted the search to better find blends when multiple contents, blend types selected
    • Additional styling across device widths
    • Adjusted the search algorithm to be more robust and do a better job finding results when multiple words are used in the search
      •  

We have a long list to start on next week. Some high priorities are:

• Able to delete/edit reviews.
  • See all your own reviews.
4 Replies
CRASHtheGREY

Reputable Member

Great work. Thanks for plugging along. 

Thanks for the support!

Ithian

Estimable Member

That's a lot of work for one week. I'm really glad you guys are taking this so serious and progress is made so fast. Keep up the good work and thank you very much again. I'm very happy with the new website and all that it is going to be!

We are trying... We will get there eventually (hopefully 🤣 ). 

target="_blank"