Clear all

Pipes & Tobacco YouTube Channel Reviews

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Here are 4 to be going on with 😊

Muttnchop piper : https://youtube.com/@MuttnchopPiper?si=mJd3ExiLOCSmW_tb

Not really my cup of tea, but heโ€™s been on the scene for a long time and has a lot of followers. He covers all aspects of pipe smoking and is especially good for beginners. However, he goes too slow for my liking.

The Pipe Cottage : https://youtube.com/@thepipecottage3301?si=zaxF3MCog_r8w3j2

Passionate about โ€œtabaccaโ€ and covers a lot of topics. I love his Southern accent and he lives in a gorgeous part of the country (Kentucky). However, he has a tendency towards religion and politics, discussion of which Iโ€™d rather seek elsewhere.

Stuff and Things : https://youtube.com/@stuffandthingsyoutube?si=ubF4EJBRWgCbQ3zs

โ€œYour good friend Bradleyโ€ has been on the scene for a good while and he has built up a good following for good reason. He covers a lot of topics and gives some great reviews of tobacco, (among other things, e.g. watches, pens, knives, etc.)

13 Pipes : https://youtube.com/@13pipes?si=yl9qrf1dJV8vgWV5

A stylish Bulgarian, with a charming accent, whose name I still havenโ€™t learned. He has some amusing takes on life and good taste in pipes, tobacco and snuff. Worth a watch.

32 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

Mark, Bremen Pipe Smoker is the only person on YouTube that I keep up with. He mixes in some great historical tours and topics with the pipe and tobacco discussions. First class videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfAWn6vXYxHkCzSxHBrOLgQ

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Malcolm Guite : https://youtube.com/@MalcolmGuitespell?si=BN6ILoVf20jHvwSY

Absolutely adorable musings, fascinating readings and entertaining anecdotes from this poet, priest, professor and pipe smoker! I share his love of the Inklings, C.S.Lewis, J.R.R.Tolkien and the lands of Narnia and Middle Earth. However, I donโ€™t much share his love of Peterson pipes!

Nick R
Noble Member

I don't watch a lot of youtube but I will occasionally tune into Muttonchop and Dr. Alan Harrleson. Muttonchop is a great benninger channel and he seems like just a nice, gentle individual. You are correct with The Pipe Cottage as you may get a lot more than just pipe smoking when the professor goes on a tangent lol. I think both are solid channels for once in while viewing and picking topics of interest. I will have to check out the other recomendations!

1 Reply
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Theyโ€™re more reviews than recommendations, but yeah 👍ย 

nach0
Noble Member

Such great topic. I only know Muttnchop and use to watch all new vรญdeos from his channel. I'll check all others for sure!ย 

6 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Cheers mate! 😊 Iโ€™m contributing with the aim of helping this forum become established among pipe smokers. I know it has competition, but Iโ€™ve always thought the Tobacco Reviews website should have a forum; it seems the natural place to have somewhere for discussion.
I hope you find my contributions, generally, to be useful/informative/interesting. I try my best anyway! 😊

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Sorry! I didnโ€™t mean that to come across as self-aggrandising as it reads! Iโ€™m just a bit mindful that others may think I post too many topics and I wanted to explain my motive. Iโ€™d like this place to grow its contributors and I think posting different topics is a good way to contribute to its liveliness and thus make it the kind of place people want to visit.

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I totally agree with you, post away! I post as much as I can that I believe is relevant to the topics at hand. I canโ€™t think of a better place for a true pipe and tobacco forum than here on Tobacco Reviews and I appreciate your contributions to that!

nach0

Noble Member

I'm with you guys. I feel the same here. Sometimes i think i should interact more asking things to the more experienced smokers. As much we talk and create content better for the website and whole community.

I know english is not my first language but i do my best to follow what you guys are saying and trying to contribute what i can. For sure i have much more to read than write and here is the best place i found on Internet to have this interaction.ย 

Hope the forum as well as the review part keep running for long and the community keep growing.ย 

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Your English is fine my friend! I appreciate that you interact with me and often contribute to topics Iโ€™ve started. Thanks! 😊

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Thatโ€™s much appreciated, Ted! Especially coming from you 😊

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

Thomas Ebdrup:

https://youtube.com/@thomasebdrup?si=jtlJmvb9bhd8vMWq

An amiable Danish chap whose laidback, easygoing style makes him enjoyable to listen to. I also like his modesty and honesty - traits that are common among Danes. He says it as he finds it and doesnโ€™t try to come across as something heโ€™s not. Worth a watch.

Joseph
Noble Member

Tim, the "Southland Piper": The Southland Piper YouTube Channel

Very down-to-earth and useful adventures in pipe restoration and repair. I found this channel while hunting for advice and information on vulcanite stem restoration. Glad I found it. To me, Tim seems to be the "Mr Rogers" of do-it-yourself pipe repair and maintenance. I am subscribed. 🙂ย 

[EDIT:] by the way, I didn't follow his method of stem oxidation removal. I did okay just using toothpaste and elbow grease. 😛ย 

nach0
Noble Member

I found out this channel which only old tins are opened, too rare not to be seen -ย  https://www.youtube.com/@pipe_appeal/videos

2 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Looks interesting!ย 

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Great find, I hadnโ€™t seen that channel before. I like it!

Ithian
Estimable Member

Doran Pipes (beans316)

Apart from Muttnchop, he's the only one I regularly watch. Mainly because he is one of the few youtube pipe smokers that aren't totally weird oddballs.

Short videos (I just don't have time to watch 1-hour reviews...). Perfect mix of review and life updates. Very engaging with his followers. Relatable & down to earth - not one of these fairytale pipe smokers you stumble across on youtube a lot (the rabbit hole is deep...). Experienced palate and some overlap in terms of blends we like. Massive giveaways. Also makes pipes. I like that he doesn't artificially bloat blend reviews (I don't need nor want a list of 20 flavors you discern, just what stands out to you in any given blend).

Apart from that I do like Jeremy Reeves' content on the C&D channel, but of course that's biased.

Random Pro-Tip: Watch Muttnchop at 150% speed or higher. (to be honest many pipe smokers on youtube need to be sped up)

Lager
Estimable Member

I am not sure of the link or how to put it here but mimmo the Briar cutter is an awesome watch. The man is a true professional in the art of Briar.

And please continue to post whatever you think is something to post as information. Is that not why we are all here?

If someone has a problem with it, it is their problem.

Thanks for all you do guys!

ย 

Lager

10 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Thanks for the encouragement and for engaging with this particular topic! 😊

It feels like weโ€™re building a community, which can only be a good thing.

nach0

Noble Member

Have you watched 'The father of the flame'ย  ?ย  Mimmo appears there.

Lager

Estimable Member

No I haven't watched that. Is that the DVD they sell on smoking pipes?

It looks pretty interesting.

nach0

Noble Member

I don't know if it has been sold on smoking pipes. To make sure we are talking about the same video, here is the Trailer. -

I smoked 2 bowls in a row watching it 🤣 🤣

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Thanks! Iโ€™d not even heard of it. I know what Iโ€™m watching tonight! 😊

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

Does anyone know where I can watch it?

nach0

Noble Member

Sometimes is hard to find a place where we can watch movies on internet, for us here in south america is even worst. For the moments we do not have another way, i use to search on Stremio. An app which you can find and watch old movies. I'm pretty sure this movie is running on Stremio App.

Sorry if im telling a not allowed information, i don't wanna be an outlaw, hope it not offend anyone but if no one could find it i know someone who know someone that can upload it on VIMEO for all of you guys watch it. 👍 🍻ย 

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Can you use a VPN?

nach0

Noble Member

only for browsing on my PC, not on mobile phone.

Lager

Estimable Member

Thanks nach0!

Lee
 Lee
Topic starter
Famed Member

I was looking for info on Katerini Perique, after reading a comment by BriarBerg about a blend that uses it. I came across a short video by C & Dโ€™s Jeremy Reeves and realised nobody had posted a link to the YouTube channel, (though Ithian does mention it, above).

A great channel for learning about tobacco and blending:

https://youtube.com/@cornelldiehlinc9213?si=3XSb8G0PxdSQUbBx

Awfers
Estimable Member

I just saw recently that Redcoat's Return has stopped his channel for health reasons. Really liked his pipe content. Will sadly be missed.

Purple Potato
Eminent Member

I didn't check if he has been mentioned before, but my favourite is a bloke who goes by "Dale Piper":

https://www.youtube.com/@dalepiper6693

I dunno. Sometimes he doesn't even talk about pipes, just rambles on about the weather or whatever. But there's something about his style that captures the quiet, contemplative nature of pipe smoking perfectly.

And if I want advice or reviews on pipe smoking, I want it from a 70-year old Englishman with a big white beard who has been smoking pipes since back in the day. Not some young hipster. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

ย 

Purple Potato
Eminent Member

P.S. there was a bloke I used to watch many years ago, perhaps someone knows who I am talking about. I can't remember his name and I can't find his channel anymore. But a younger bloke, I suppose around 40-ish who was really into smoking pipes with enormous bowls. I seem to remember he wore a baseball cap often and he'd always seem to have an giganto-sized straight pipe in his mouth and be blowing huge plumes of white smoke. I always wondered how he didn't burn his mouth to a crisp.

Anyway that was a long time ago. But I remember he was interesting to watch.

For now though, Dale Piper ftw.

target="_blank"