The Most Bizarre Pi...

Notifications
Clear all

The Most Bizarre Pipe Smoking Accessory I Have Seen

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

I received a vintage/antique pipe collection in the mail today. Mostly junk, but there were a few items I wanted in it. Something I didn’t even realize was included is the most bizarre pipe smoking accessory I have ever seen. It’s so weird, I had to create a post about it. It appears to be a bracket setup that hooks onto a pair of glasses and suspends a pipe in position in one’s mouth. This is how I got it with the pipe installed. I don’t even know what to think about it. 

1713048372-IMG_6066.jpeg
14 Replies
Nick R
Noble Member

Its a hands-free set for driving! Or, instead of smoking my pipe during a break, I could have a constant flow while fly fishing. 🤣

Joseph
Prominent Member

Looks home-made. If pipes could talk, this one would have an interesting story to tell - that’s for sure!

Lee
 Lee
Noble Member

Bizarre is a good description! I’d add, “comical” to that! Worth a try, just for the giggles! 🤭 

Flip
Estimable Member

Possibly an aid for someone with a paralysis or similar disability?

4 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

That’s the only reasonable answer I could come up with, but one would still need someone to light and tamp. The thing that still leaves me wondering is why not just clench? Smoking would be the same. Unless it was some extreme case, or no teeth. 

Rene12

Honorable Member

The no teeth thing would be my guess. If I lost my teeth I'd probably just stop clenching though.

Flip

Estimable Member

How wide apart are the metal arms? Doesn’t look wide enough to fit around the face. Maybe used somehow in production for drying or cooling? Cool mystery!

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

That’s just the angle the photo was taken at. It fits perfectly on a pair of glasses. 

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

It seems a torture device.

2 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

That’s the vibe I get from it! 😃 Also, holding it gives me a creepy feeling. 

nach0

Noble Member

Hahahahahahahahahha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

When I was a child I was very impressed by the polio devices that a child next to me had in his legs. this artifact also reminds me of polio devices.

nach0
Noble Member

Omg Ted .... only your magic bag can bring us something like that!!

Relight
Reputable Member

It's like the harmonica head thing singer songwriters use. 🤣 

target="_blank"