Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Pipes for women?

Sir Otter
Topic starter
Reputable Member

What are some good feminine looking pipes that would be appealing to the ladies? I think Rattray or Vauen make one, but I forget the name of the line. Unfortunately it seems that websites haven't added any search tags for ladies or women's pipes, so googling this doesn't produce good results. Give me your best in this thread!

18 Replies
Rene12
Honorable Member

Savinelli Ginger's favorite line comes to mind. Perhaps some of the colorful smaller  chacom pipes? Maybe some elegant meerschaum?

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

I’ll second @Rene12 on a Gingers favorite or an elegant meerschaum. Butz Choquin used to make a line of ladies pipes that were smaller semi-churchwardens that were very nice, a bit hard to find these days though.

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

In fairness, I think a woman can look great smoking a large bold pipe as well. 

1709237408-IMG_5225.jpeg
4 Replies
nach0

Noble Member

Oh la la ... you are totally right my friend.

ugdabug

Reputable Member

Oh ya, I see the pipe now......

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

lol

Trusted Member

🤣

Nick R
Noble Member

Here are my wife's pipes from top to bottom:

1)Corncob

2)Peterson Killarney Red straight apple

3)Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson calabash

4)Viking #304

5) SRV meerschaum with a rose on the front. 

I think the only feminine one is the meerschaum.  Her 2 favorites are the meerschaum and the HCA.

1709259045-20240229_174739.jpg
1 Reply

Trusted Member

beautifull pipes and very suitable for a lady 🤗 

Sir Otter
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I think the Rattray pipes I was thinking of is the "Blower's Daughter" series. Featherweight pipes that look quite elegant. 

Trusted Member

why does everone,even a tobacconist ,try to sell "small,delicate ,elegant " pipes to women? they are often not the easiest pipes to smoke.and where men have beautifull pipes to show,why should a ladies pipe be almost invisible.there's nothing to be ashamed of.i know many ladies smoking a pipe.the choice of a pipe is very personal,and also it depend what kind of tobacco you are planning to smoke.imo there should be no reason a pipe has to be "ladylike".oh dear,i hope i didn't offend some fellow pipesmokers here with tiny pipes. 😉 

2 Replies
Nick R

Noble Member

I am laughing with so many comments on having tiny pipes😅😂🤣. I will choose not to post them as they may not be appropriate for this forum🙂

Trusted Member
  1. 🤣  🤣 
Zigmeister67
Noble Member

In my experience with the fairer sex, I've found aesthetics are more important than function. Hence high heels and 2 inch nails. Lol

I'd say the Peterson Dracula pipes (beautiful stems). Or maybe a Cob dyed purple or pink with a forever stem that matches. 

1 Reply

Trusted Member

I'm afraid you hit the nail there.but luckely there are also people(women) who have a little more interest then looks.i rather have a beautifull pipe then botox.it'll last longer anyway. 🤣 

Relight
Prominent Member

A Peterson tankard isn't specifically geared toward women. But it sure is a nifty little pipe. 

pipozzo volante
Reputable Member

Personally I think that it is the pipe that chooses its smoker, even though it's the human who buy it, so I don't think of pipe for men or pipe for women, taste is unique...

I tend to see the act of "buying a pipe" more like a visit to Harry Potter's Olivander magic wand shop, hence, I only buy a pipe when I know the shop and I have a human exchange with the tobacconist; it's never just a transaction.

And I love small pipes, they're my favourites!

1 Reply

Trusted Member
  • Oh,i'd love to go shopping in dagonall alley,and for sure,mr.olivander would be my first to visit. 🙃 

target="_blank"