Forums

Carolina Red Flake ...

Notifications
Clear all

Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique 🤤

Casey Smith
Topic starter
Estimable Member

Smoking some 2019 CRF and it's seriously up there with CC! Amazing! Looking forward to this drop as I do every year! IMO, CRF is as good as it gets! Cheers! 

11 Replies
Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

It is good stuff! I ordered 8 tins of the new release yesterday. 

3 Replies
Casey Smith

Estimable Member

That's exactly what I ordered! I wish it was just CRF though. I love perique but, the straight CRF c&d has been putting out has been phenomenal!

I might have picked up 3 tins of Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose for this cooler weather headed our way too 😂🤷 Cheers, Sir! 

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I agree. I went a little nuts last year stocking up on the Carolina Red Flake without Perique so I’m not personally sad it had Perique this time around. C&D do seem to be putting Perique in everything right now. Perique has been seeming like the tobacco world’s version of bacon, following the restaurant trend of “if it’s good, it’ll be better with bacon” kind of thinking. Don’t get me wrong, I like Perique, but I like blends without it too. 

Casey Smith

Estimable Member

Haha! I love perique BUT, CRF is so dang good, it should be left unadulterated. It's like putting A1 sauce on a filet! Cheers!  

Got some tins yesterday. Fantastic tin note. Just fired up a bowl and it’s wonderful.

what is interesting about this blend and I’m surprised that it didn’t get talked up is the “Top grade Heirloom red” Virginia. I did some digging and came up with the following. There is a tobacco seed company in Texas called Victory Seed Company. They do rare and heirloom tobacco seeds. Heirloom meaning rare. I won’t go into the details but let’s just say I believe that this is a very rare “heirloom” tobacco grown in 2013 that probably nobody else has or will ever have. Just my opinion. 

1 Reply
Casey Smith

Estimable Member

Whoa! I'll look into that too! I look forward to this drop once a year more than anything. Their straight CRF is top tier and is definitely in the same ball park as CC! 

Thanks for the info! Cheers! 

Stah
 Stah
Trusted Member
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2020 2.0
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique'21 2021 32.0
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique'21 2022 21.0

My stash. Comments are unnecessary 😉

Definitely, I'm in for CRFP'23.

1 Reply
Stah
 Stah

Trusted Member

There was no arrival of CRFP'23 to our country, 🤨 we still have CRFP'22, however. I have 1 tin of CRFP'23 only. But I think to add 10-20 tins of CRFP'22 despite the mix is different.

So, for now:

C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2020 1.0
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2021 33.0
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2022 25.0
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2023 1.0
Eminent Member

Ordered like 3 tins of it. Since the site doesn’t have any review page yet, I am just letting it age 🙂

didn’t know Carolina red flake was that good. Guess I will be forward to it next year. 

Zigmeister67
Noble Member

I have 1 quickly diminishing tin of 2023. I'm slowly becoming less Perique sensitive. At first it just seemed like tongue bite. Now I'm getting the tastes.  I'll be ordering more. 😁

1 Reply
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I’m currently trying to acquire more too, as I only have 2 in the cellar. It’s such a great blend. Really top grade tobaccos that demand careful attention to fully appreciate. I get something new each time I smoke it.

target="_blank"