Forums

It all started with...

Notifications
Clear all

It all started with Magritte

pipozzo volante
Topic starter
Honorable Member

When I was a child I had a little book with pictures of Magritte's art, and I was somehow in love with the classic "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" painting. When I turned 18 i bought my first pipe, not a good one, and a pipe tobacco, not a good one either; I had no guidance at the time, and the start was complicated, like for every pipe smoker I guess. I had then the chance to meet two old men who dedicated their life to pipe smoking: the first was Mr. Fincato, a savant on pipe history and a very elegant man, who always gave me good advices, the second was Mr. Musicò, truly an artist of pipe making, with whom I enjoyed to chat while smoking his personal mixture in his atelier.

Some years have passed now, and I enjoy the reading on Tobacco Reviews, and then I thought: "Why not participate?".

So here I am to say hello to everyone of you members, have a nice week-end and happy smokes.

10 Replies
Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

Cool story! Thanks for sharing! Welcome to the forum 😊

Ted
 Ted
Famed Member

Hello from Michigan!

Joseph
Noble Member

Great introduction! Hello and welcome from Sacramento, California. Here’s the oil painting referenced (for those, like me, who had not yet seen it).

1713553216-IMG_3409.jpeg
Nick R
Noble Member

Welcome from Colorado!

ugdabug
Reputable Member

Welcome!

Zigmeister67
Noble Member

A hearty Welcome aboard from New Jersey.

PaulT
Estimable Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

nach0
Famed Member

Hello and welcome from Brazil 🍻 

Juan José Pascual Lobo
Noble Member

Welcome from Spain. I know Fincato shop in Rome and Musico pipes, although I don´t have any.

Erik
 Erik
Estimable Member

As someone who’s grandfather fascinated me with the pipe, but who lived an ocean away, I also had no guidance when I first started. 

But I did not give up.  I found people who had proper advice, and it started coming together. 🤔 

Welcome!

target="_blank"