Boswell Pipes & Tobacco Sweet Tea

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

3.09 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 21 - 40 of 43 Reviews
Jul 26, 2007 Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant
One of my all time favorite blends from anywhere. Cool, sweet, absolutely no bite (even for this vigorous puffer), with a berry or citrus undertone, very mild. For this reviewer ?pure ambrosia?. First time I tried this it was a ?wow? experience and many pounds later that reaction has not faded. The taste I can only describe as being almost clean and crisp a most unusual and remarkable blend. For this smoker a rating of four stars to the second power would be conservative.
Jun 16, 2022 Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant
Last year, I made it a point to smoke every single tobacco from Boswell. I have purchased the minimum 2oz of almost every blend, been smoking through them, and slowly been transferring my notes here to TR. There has not been one I haven't enjoyed, but I like some more than others.

Sweet Tea. Now there is no way I would've guessed anything remotely close to that on the pouch aroma. There is an alcohol note in the pouch, accompanied by a sweet, caramelized sugar note. There is a hint of fruit in the background, almost smells like their Berry Cobbler offering.

Boswell blends ship ready to smoke. Moisture content is perfect for an aromatic. And as I stated in previous Boswell aro reviews, smoke these fresh! the natural flavorings dissipate fast as they age.

There is a decent amount of burley with the cavendish. This gives this blend a good base, and great creamy and full mouth feel.

Sweet tea packs and lights just as good as the others. I try to pack these as gently as possible. No goopy sludge at the end, smokes clean and cool to the bottom with no hint of tongue bite. You can taste the sweetness in this. It's not cloying, but an honest natural sweetness that I really enjoy during warm weather spells. Does pair well with a sweet tea!

Solid 3.9 stars, so I'll give it 4.
PurchasedFrom: Boswell's
Mar 22, 2013 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
This is a unique aromatic tobacco. It actually does taste very much like sweet tea. I'm not a huge fan of sweet tea as a beverage or as a flavor but I think many people would find this blend satisfying. I may eventually order more after I have tried some other blends from Boswell.
Apr 01, 2012 Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant
I found this blend to be a very pleasant experience. It has a mellow earthy, sugar tea taste, with a slight citrus-lemon thrown in that is very smooth. Will be adding Sweet Tea to my weekly rotation.
Feb 19, 2012 Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant
A fine aromatic blend. Put this in your pipe.Light it up and off go! You are in autopilot mode now. No bite whatsoever and with a velvet mild citrus taste it will easily become your favorite aromatic.
Dec 30, 2010 Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant
A most pleasant aromatic! The tin description is spot on, very cool with a mildly citrus and sweet taste. Clean and refreshing with little aftertaste. This is my first excursion into Boswell's, I ordered six two ounce samples and Sweet Tea is my first review, but I can say right now that most if not all of my six samples will end up with four star reviews. If you love quality aromatics Boswell's is a must.
Dec 16, 2010 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant
"Sweet Tea."

I guess I just wasn't convinced that I'd like a tobacco that tasted like tea, sweet or otherwise. (Not a tea guy--I drink coffee.) Plus, one drinks tea to refresh oneself whereas I have never found smoking to be "refreshing" by any means. But I got a 2 oz. sample of this blend when I purchased a Boswell pipe and, lo and behold, it wasn't all bad. Not sure that I'd order more of it, but 2 ounces was certainly enough to give the blend a fair try.

I would have thought that more Virginia tobaccos would have been used to flavor a blend that would taste like tea. Somehow I think of tea or grassy flavors when I smoke a Virginia blend, but that's not what this is.

Nevertheless, Sweet Tea is still a good smoke and you might enjoy a pipeful with a nice little cuppa' the real stuff on the side, mate. Pip, pip, and cheerio, old boy!
Jul 01, 2010 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
I am an avid aromatic smoker. and as such I was very excited to try this tobacco. 4 stars no doubt about it. a sniff of the bag begs this tobacco to be packed, the taste is sweet and mildly earthy (as anything tea-like should be), and the aroma is excellent and often complimented. No aftertaste as previously mentioned and wonderful burning properties.

My number 2 tobacco falling just short of a local house blend.
Apr 19, 2010 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant
I'm not big on the fruity blends, especially cherry. But this blend is surprizingly tasty and a nice smoke for a change of pace. In the pouch it smells a bit like Berry Cobbler, but as you light I get a bit of cherry. This fades quickly and takes on a mild sweet, citrus flavor. It not like any other blend I've tried. I really like it and like the other Boswell blends is a high quality tasty tobacco with no bite and smokes well for a heavy aromatic. And yes, it goes hand in hand with a glass of ice tea and makes for a great light, summer time smoke.
Feb 08, 2010 Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant
A nice smoke on a summer day with an ice tea. Tastes like Arizona Sweet tea, with a little citrus added. Great room note, even my sister in law, who is a smoke Nazi liked the smell of this one at an outdoor party this summer! Like it in warm weather because it is light and burns cool. Another tasty Boswell blend!
Nov 09, 2009 Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant
This is currently my favorite. I am an admited and proud aromatic lover. This is a very sweet tobacco. The remarkable thing is that for as sweet as it is, I could not get it to burn the tongue. It stayed sweet through out for me and had no down side that I could find.

Mid way through the bowl I taste greater depth in the tobacco. I'm no connoisseur like many reviewers but there are other rather interesting and enjoyable flavors that come through as you work your way through the bowl. I'm still on my first pouch full so this may change but 8 or ten bowls in I'm really enjoying this.
Oct 22, 2009 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant
Yet another great Boswell blend. It was very similar to Spice & Nice in flavor, but the aroma was definitely different. I smoked smoke raspberry cream in my boswell billiard before this, and the two flavors mingled nicely.
Oct 22, 2009 Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant
An all around light smoking tobacco.Smells like tea ,taste like tea.No strong flavoring or smells, just a nice light smoking tea like tobacco.Good when a change of pace is needed.Tea lovers would enjoy this blend.
Apr 20, 2009 Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant
Nothing new to say here. I find this blend to be as refreshing as a glass of iced sweet tea. Leaves a sweet aftertaste on your lips after you smoke it, which was a pleasant surprise. My wife didn't even mind kissing me after I smoked!

Nice and smooth, burns clean and dry, and leaves the room smelling fantastic after you're done. Bravo!
Mar 20, 2009 Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
This blend smells great in the pouch and even greater smoked. It was a wonderful surprise to actually taste the citrus in the smoke. I admire the subtle flavors and tastes in this blend. I myself tried it with some sweet tea to drink...cold or hot it adds to the ambiance of this blend...top notch.

Addendum: After several smokes of this blend I have come to appreciate it even more. The flavor is multidimensional and the room note is utterly fantastic. Great blend...top 5 aromatic for me...top 5.
Mar 19, 2009 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
A nice cool smoking blend. Virginians are prevalent, and tastes like Tea to myself. There is a very slight aftertaste but not like some heavy aromatics. Nice but a once and awhile for myself.
Jan 19, 2009 Very Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant
I've been on a pipe smoking forum where they rave about this blend. I don't get it. Other than a hint of a citrus flavor, I find this rather bland. Smells sweet. Packs and lights easily. Tastes of nothing.

Nice if you want a very mild smoke or something to give a first timer.

Only thing it has going for it, is it is the only aromatic I found that DGT works for.
Oct 25, 2008 Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant
The pouch aroma is fantastic. This is a great aromatic. I think it's one that stands out from the crowd. A real wife pleaser.
Sep 19, 2008 Very Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
i like this blend, it's not goopy although it is heavily cased, has a wonderful room note, burned on the cool side with no bite and is pretty tasty for an aromatic. sweet tea tastes like sweetend iced tea, duh, i know, but how many aromatics taste like anything? this blend can get a little too sweet so i recommend only smoking it for 20 minutes at a time.
Sep 10, 2008 Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant
I received 1 ounce of this tobacco as a free sample included with my recent purchase of a Boswell pipe (beautiful, great-smoking pipe by the way!). The pouch aroma is mild but very pleasant. In fact, at first I couldn't detect any particular flavoring or aroma. But after a few slow, deep sniffs from the pouch, it suddenly struck me: it smelled exactly like a Lipton green tea bag! Again, it was a mild aroma, but now that I had placed it mentally, I enjoyed the smell much more and began to get excited about how it might taste. I filled my pipe and took a couple light "dry puffs" before lighting up. I immediately tasted the flavors of the tea and the sweetness was very evident. The tobacco lit very easily and mostly burned to a nice gray ash along with a small amount of charred dottle toward the very bottom of the bowl. The flavor was outstanding. Although the distinct taste of tea was somewhat lost during the smoke, the sugary sweetness was very evident. The actual tobacco flavor was extremely mild and masked by the sweetness, but it was a delightful smoke. Without a doubt this was the sweetest tobacco I have ever smoked (and I like aromatics). It left a light, sweet flavor in my mouth, but no unpleasant aftertaste. The room note was exceptional, and, according to my wife and son, was second only to the wonderful vanilla aroma of another Boswell gem, Paradise. Sweet Tea will definitely become one of the tobaccos on my regular rotation.

target="_blank"