John Middleton, Inc Prince Albert's Cherry Vanilla

(2.31)
Crimp and shag cut burley with flakes of golden Virginia and a touch of black cavendish. A smooth and mild smoke combining cherry and vanilla flavor impacts.

Details

Brand John Middleton, Inc
Blended By John Middleton, Inc
Manufactured By John Middleton, Inc.
Blend Type Aromatic

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.31 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 21 - 40 of 45 Reviews
Feb 03, 2006 Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Decent packing, decent taste. Unfortunately it smokes hot most of the time and creates a lot of condensation. FIrst thing to make my pipe gurgle.

Have lost most of my taste of tobacco tho this, so i dont know what to really say about it.
Oct 14, 2003 Mild to Medium Mild Very Mild Tolerable
I was in Mexico with my then-fiance visiting relatives. She was still skeptical on my smoking a pipe. I picked up an ouncer pouch of this mild blend and I tried it when I got home. Smokes smoothly with little or no bite and does not have a papery quality like some other middleton blends. I liked this. It was 50 pesos well spent.
Jul 31, 2019 Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant
I must say I was a little surprised with this blend as I am not a fan of Price Albert. The casing seemed to balance out the unpleasantness found in the regular PA. Pouch note did not have much of a cherry scent to it, and there was a mild cherry vanilla in the taste. Room note was ok. Packed and burned well, with few relights. No bite, an all day smoke. Not a great tobacco, but I will likely finish the pouch
Pipe Used: Unbranded Prince
PurchasedFrom: Pipes and Cigars
Apr 18, 2018 Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant
Not a bad cheaper cherry vanilla stays lit fairly easy I don't find it to be too harsh even if you smoke on it like a locomotive doesn't have the greatest flavor a cherry and vanilla but actually have somewhat of a sweet flavor in a cool smoke probably wouldn't buy it again but it wasn't the worst one I've ever bought
Pipe Used: Mossouri meerchaum
PurchasedFrom: Wild West tobacco shop
Oct 13, 2016 Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant
I have yet to find any hint of the original Prince in this blend. I guess I was expecting too much from it, but I honestly wasn't a huge fan of this for severel reasons: It burned way too hot, bit pretty badly, and seemed to be more like Borkum Riff than PA. I was disappointed. The room note was about the same as regular PA though, which I found rather odd. It chars toward the bottom of the bowl and can put off an acrid burnt taste. Can't say that I really recommend this one.
Pipe Used: Cobs, Grabows
Age When Smoked: Fresh from pouch
Dec 25, 2015 Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant
I have tried the cigar versions of these Prince Albert pipe tobacco's and do enjoy them when I do not have the patience for a pipe, they are very convenient on the go. The Cherry Vanilla version surprisingly does not bite even though the topping could potentially be a recipe for disaster. I see Cherry Vanilla and think tongue furnace but rest assured she doesn't bite. A mild smoke that has a lovely room note that the family loved. A great beginners blend and an al day aromatic for the veteran smoker too. No nicotine so it gets 2 1/2 stars, 3 rounding up.
Sep 23, 2013 Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Not a bad smoke, it burned rather quickly though. This will most likely be the main tobacco I smoke out of my MM MacArthur cob when I get it. I loaded a full bowl into my MM Egg shaped Great Dane and it seemed like it was done in no time. Aside from that it was a rather enjoyable smoke. I definitely would recommend it to someone with a larger bowl that wanted a quicker smoke. Unlike many other reviews I didn't think it was God awful, but I mean you can pick up the 1.5oz pack for like three bucks and decide for yourself. I am fairly new to smoking pipes, this being only the second tobacco I have ever tried(as far as pipes are concerned), but as I stated before it was a quick yet pleasant smoke. Solid 3 out-of 4.

Thanks for the read, Shayde
Dec 17, 2012 Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant
I have been wanting to try this old standby for a long time now. It is what it is. I dont usually like aromatics however this one isnt bad. It burns down clean with no goop and isnt overwhelming with the flavoring. Wife thought it was pleasant too so we all win! Recommended.
May 19, 2011 Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant
I have heard so much about PA that when I saw this I decided to give it a try.I will say that it was a pleasent smoke and had a nice taste for a cherry blend...I dont normally like cherry blends.It lit quickly and didnt really need any relights.Basically everythiong I wanted from an aromatic.Problem was every single time I smoked it 30minutes later I had an upset stomach.Ive come to recognize this as a problem I have with burleys...they all cause this problem for me.That being said I still recommend it as long as you dont have the same problems with burleys I do.
Jan 06, 2011 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
PA. Van. Cherry… While snooping around a tobacco shop the other day (basically a roll your own store) I found some of this stuff, I didn't even know they made a flavored PA, but I've always liked the plain version, and for that reason, I bought a pouch. I do smoke a few aromatics once in a while, but much prefer a straight blend, with as little aroma/flavor enhancers as possible.

The pouch aroma is very pleasant and full. The moisture was about where I like it to be, so without any delay I fired up a bowl. Getting into it a bit, I found only a little of that aroma present in the smokes flavor, mostly a nice tobacco taste, akin to PA, only a bit smoother. Just imagine, PA flavor with a nice room note, slight sweetness and minimum aromatic harshness, what's not to like, I found myself fully enjoying it. This has to one of the most hassle free aromatics smokes going, and as it turns out, one of the better aromatic's I've yet tried. First class, all the way.
Dec 09, 2010 Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable
This at first seemed like a good deal for what I paid. Upon bringing it home and trying it I was very wrong. Dont get me wrong it does have a decent room note. However it has little to no good tastes. The worst part is while smoking this even though I dont inhale it felt like I was suffering from severe sore throat or I had just downed shot after shot of 80 proof whisky. If I had to choose about buying this again I wouldnt. Its just not worth the time to smoke it or the money. I think the original prince albert would taste better than this and I hope it does as I plan to order some soon. Im not even gonna try blending it with other tobaccos for fear of that same unwanted burning throat feeling. To put it simply dont buy it. I would recommend some mac baren or 777 aromatics way more than this.
Nov 10, 2010 Medium Medium Full Pleasant
I like this tobacco. It is one of the few I don't have to mix with another to make it something I like. Mild smelling in the bag I was worried that the taste would suffer. I was wrong. It smokes well, not overwhelmingly cherry, a hint of vanilla and a full flavor tobacco makes it a good smoke. Smells nice too while burning, no tongue bite, a a good nicotine kick. Definitely an everyday smoke especially when you couple it with a good retail price. It does burn a tad on the hot side and you really have to clean your pipe after smoking this blend. It is well worth a try and I will be smoking this for as long as it is available.
Sep 19, 2010 Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
There are plenty of what I term OTC Proletariat Blends that can go toe to toe with fancy, upscale tinned tobacs at the high end tobacconist emporiums; the Prince Albert line is one of them. Truth be told these mixtures are just as good as the pricey "big dogs" and they're still available, relatively speaking, at K Mart or BJ's Wholesale Club prices. Wonder if they're not enjoyed more widely simply because they lack what marketers call "snob appeal."

Such is the case certainly with PA's Cherry Vanilla, the kind of tobac that tastes of quality, smokes consistently well, and at the end of the day has gone the distance. I'm a sweet aro addict and by all rights could write this pouch off as a might heavy on the tobac taste...too light on the casing. Some reviewers have. But the secret is this blend has incredible balance and range. A populist rendering for sure...hats off to John Middleton Co. for tossing a bone to the people.
Sep 15, 2010 Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant
it smells pretty. for those just getting started you may enjoy captain black cherry instead. it smells just as nice but has at least a little flavor so you can learn a little about flavor. not good flavor but at least flavor. aromatics are a good intro to pipe smoking.
Apr 02, 2010 Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable
Similar simple, nutty, burely taste as Prince Albert origional, without the nasty, cigarette room note. Vanilla and Cherry flavor is faint and barely noticable except in the room note, which at best smells decent. Good value for the extremely cheap price.
Jan 17, 2010 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant
This is an excellent drug store baccy and hard to put down. Rich and mellow. The cherry flavoring is not overwhelming. It seems just right.
Dec 30, 2009 Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant
Just picked this up the other day, and i wasn't dissapointed. Was looking for a decent cherry blend and saw this at the tobacconist. bought a pouch and i didnt really like it at first. after a few bowls the taste came through and was delicious. nice smooth smoke and burns well. i will be returning to this blend. would recommend this to any new smoker
Dec 21, 2009 Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant
The first time I smoked this blend it didn't taste like anything... The second time the cherry and vanilla came through. I would be able to take or leave this blend, until I started getting compliments from the most unlikely source: my parents! Who are both ex-smokers and hate the smell of 99% of the pipe tobacco I smoke. I guess if they like it, other probably love it as well. So I think this is a keeper.

For the smoker,it is not a bad cherry flavor, the vanilla is a bit more subtle than the cherry.
Mar 10, 2009 Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant
First of all, let me say that I am a big fan of Prince Albert. I bought this in hopes of finding the ever-illusive tobacco that pleases the smoker with real tobacco taste and pleases the wife with a nice aroma. The search continues. Anyway, the pouch aroma is that of mainly cherry. The moisture level is a bit high so you might need to dry it a little before smoking. The cut is typical Prince Albert and the packing is similar. The cherry and vanilla come together to make a kind of unique sweet taste. Those wishing for a cherry soda or vanilla bean candle will be disappointed. Furthermore, the sweetness is much more noticeable in the aroma than the taste. The taste is predominantly decent Burley. It's not up to Prince Albert standards, but it is cool and doesn't bite. The same cannot be said for many more expensive cherry or vanilla blends. The nicotine level is pretty much the same as regular Prince Albert. The casing seems to disappear about half way down the bowl and you're left with just Burley goodness to finish the ride. The ash is typical of cased blends and the pipe is left a bit moist. If you enjoy regular Prince Albert, try this for a change of pace. If You don't like Prince Albert, this will not make you a fan. There are few cheap aromatic tobaccos that will treat you as well as Prince Albert's Cherry Vanilla. And, if your spouse does happen to like the smell, you might just be holding a hidden treasure. That is, a good smelling tobacco that does not cost too much.
Nov 05, 2006 Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant
Take the PA you love, and add a hint of Vanilla Cherry. Not much esle to say. Its good, I like it. Prince albert is my favorite OTC, and to me this is a bit better...Prob because besides TK6, its the only cherry blend I can smoke and not get bit..... Great stuff....Buy some and enjoy......

target="_blank"