Classic techniques and modern technology have produced the finest expression of Danish Tobacco Craftsmanship. Developed from fine Virginia tobaccos blended with Mexican Burley and topped with 2 cuts of sweet Black Cavendish, a unique masterpiece. Tobacco cut: Medium loose cut. Tobacco Flavor/Aroma: A subtle hint of French berries captures the essence of this elegantly mild mixture.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
Strength
Taste
1.9
Jdor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jdor (13)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I bought this Stokkebye blend for 2 reasons: it was on sale and I was looking for a non-whiskey aromatic. Upon opening the pouch I knew things would go bad. What an artificial topping! But then I said, what the hell, let's give it a try. So I lit my pipe and confirmed my suspicions, the blend had a horrible flavouring (which was not of champagne or nothing like that). This was the first tobacco i ever threw to the bin.

Mr. Smithy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Smithy (3)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Strong

tried this again, as ive had 2 ounces sitting. i think what pipe you smoke this out of makes a big difference. smoked out of previous filter pipe i had scorched tongue and had to stop smoking it.

out of a peterson system, this is excellent. some bite but not too bad if you take it slowly. doesnt gunk up bottom of bowl and leaves a pleasant smell.

very unique berry smell and flavor. i think champagne was just a trendy name to affix? not as strong or sweet as a wo larsen signature berry flavor.........but in the ballpark of taste.

now ill have to re-try the nougat soon.

a light tobbaco strength wise.

room note agrees with significant other.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 7

After Taste = 7

Raw Score = 46

Rated Percentage = 77%

Comment = Smooth, Mild, Burned Hot, Fruity berry casing After Taste from Start to Finish

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (59)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Unnoticeable

It'sa soft and moist tobacco, looks appetising with a nice ginger and black colour. Doesn't smell unpleasant, either.

I suppose it could even BE a Champagne scent...

There the pluses founder.

It tastes vile.

Like some horrible cough mixture a sadistic doctor might have given William Brown.

It has very little room note other than a vague odour of 'something medicinal'.

Some tobaccos improve after drying out/keeping for a while, but somehow I don't think this one will.

I think it's destined for the bin.

Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (81)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Flavor: at first there is a hint of Vanilla and something else. Dries my mouth a little bit.

Complexity: None.

Aroma: Sweet and sour, reminds me of Smarties. Interesting.

Tin/Pouch aroma: Vanilla and something else.

Room note: Neither good nor bad. Pretty neutral, my wife didn't care one way or another.

Burning characteristics: burns pretty dry and to the bottom. Does not bite and doesn't leave much junk at the bottom of the bowl.

Cut/Looks/Moisture content: Loose cut, not to moist for an aromatic.

Overall: P.S. tobaccos are usually pretty decent. Not a bad blend and the aroma was indeed interesting. It didn't do it for me though, not enough tobacco flavor but I can see how someone else might like it.

smoker390 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoker390 (36)

The name of this tobacco drew me in - not the typical whiskey or rum sweetened aromatic. After smoking, I discovered a sweet taste and aroma. This was not exactly champagne like. I'm not sure exactly what to call it other than a fruity fusion. The taste was relatively mild with a gentle bite. A little moist at the bottom of the bowl, leaving a little unsmoked behind - as most Danish aromatics will do. After about 3/4 to 1 ounce later, I grew bored of this blend. It was a little too one dimensional and monotonously sweet for me. This is not a bad smoke for a beginner or an aromatic connisseur. Just not for me.

Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

Pipestud hit it right on the head! I will keep this pouch in my cellar in hope that it will somehow bloom into something much better. Of couse I sometimes buy Powerball tickets too.

Extremely Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

Pulled some out of my celler recently. Loaded up and lit 'er up. I think I lit 'er up. Yep, I lit 'er up - I saw smoke. Whatever I tasted was light. I don't think it was tobacco. I unloaded quickly. I swabbed out my pipe quickly. I begged my pipe for forgiveness quickly. I headed back to my tobacco cellar quickly.

Kerdy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kerdy (43)

As others have stated, this is a great starter tobacco. Although my sample was a bit dry, I let it sit a bit too long, it wasnt bad. Easy to keep lit. A little bite if not careful, may be due to it being dry. A sweet tasting tobacco with a very pleasant aroma which will please others who dont like strong pipe smells. Overall not a bad tobacco. Would be great to keep around for when you have company over.

UPDATE: I had some of this left over and it was much to dry to smoke. Took a whole 5 minutes to smoke the entire bowl. I also had a little Capt. Black left over and thought with all the additives in it that if I mix them it might make an ok smoke. It did. Not too bad, but boy did it bite. Everyone loved the aroma, but after that I took a loooong time to finish it off.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is a typical Peter Stokkebye tobacco. That is to say, well-blended, even burning, and some quality to the leaf. It offers good value for the money spent. And in the PS tradition, it looks good!

The topping and overall taste weren't at all what I expected from the description. There was a definite tendency toward biting. Don't let it get too hot.

A mild fruity/berry taste, and now and then, a tobacco flavor from the Black Cavendish. Other than that, it was just boring.

This was probably the most disappointing Stokkebye experince I have had. Sorry Peter.

WxGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WxGuy (95)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Champagne is an odd name for this tobacco. Typically (with the exception of 1882 and Optimum), Peter Stokkebye's names are fairly straightforward and descriptive. Not so with Champagne. This blend supposedly has a berry topping, but wineyness is nowhere in evidence.

Champagne does seem to be one of the lightest in body (and spirit) of the various aromatics in PS's repertoire. I am in general a fan of PS aromatics, but this one loses my attention fairly quickly. It is sweet, but just not very... well... aromatic. Champagne IS a good tobacco to blend with other aromatics that are "over the top".

Oh, yeah, and what about this "2 cups of Sweet Black Cavendish" stuff, anyway? 2 cups per how much other tobacco? What a piece of worthless information!

Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is one of the lightest tasting tobaccos I have ever tried. That's saying quite alot when you are talking aromatics. I find these kinds of tobaccos to be to light anyway, and this one is the lightest of them all. A pleasant enough taste, and it burns well. This would be an excellent starting point for a brand new smoker (provided they have never tried any form of smoking). I can detect a high quality here, just not enough to keep me smoking.

Gae Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gae (46)

Champagne is very mild & good for a new comer to pipe smoking,or even the more experience pipester looking for something milder for a change.It's not heavily cased & over done in any way,& to me has no bite at all.Good for a change of pace & very pleasant indeed.I find it doesn't offend in anyway & burn's down nice & cleanly without fuss. 4 out of 4 star's in it's class.

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This is a good aromatic for someone just starting out and wants to try an aromatic with (IMHO) no bite. This aromatic is way too mild for my tastes, I did get hints of a fruity aroma while smoking. To me this tobacco was very moist in a tobacco jar with a rubber seal, even in Arizona. I smoked this very slow in an Eric Nording Moose that took me about an hour and twenty minutes while BS'n at the tobacco shop. When I could no longer get no more puffs and empmtied the bowl, I found a very small portion of the tobacco, less than the thickness of a thumb nail was very moist. Let me add in all fairness, the tobacco jar was filled to the top and the owner may have just taken from his humidor before I walked in to his shop.

BriarNorth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarNorth (49)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I'm not the best judge of these heavily cased tobaccos as I usually smoke Va flakes and English blends--with the odd aromatic thrown in, provided it isn't utter goup. I think you sweet-tooths will like this one, as it smokes fairly cool and doesn't muck up your pipe--this stuff actually performs somewhat like real tobacco. I'm not sure what "champagne" has to do with anything here--the weed is very sweet in the pouch but less so at the match. The ribbon cut is a bit stringy and some steam will build up if you puff too fast (which I did, trying to get a hit of nicotine off this stuff). A mild tobacco with a nice room note, a very noticeable sweet casing that nonethless isn't entirely offensive. Recommended to smokers of aromatic tobaccos.