Full flavored Cavendish-cut tobacco made primarily from Kentucky Burleys. A small bit of Virginia added to round the whole thing. A special steaming process sweetens the blend and marries all the flavors. A blended cherry/berry topper has been added.

Blended ByMcClelland
Taste
2.4
bob323 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bob323 (44)

Actually this is a bit of relief from all the vanilla flavored cavendishes out there...However, straight burley in any form and I just do not get along...I always end up mixing a burley with something else to escape the dreaded 'burley tongue bite'...Mixed with Lane Limited 1-Q, P. Stokkebye Highland Whisky, and C&D Perique, it becomes part of a very interesting aro blend.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 5

After Taste = 0

Raw Score = 19

Rated Percentage = 32%

Comment = This blend is terrible, a huge After Taste that tastes like cough medicine, yuck

Kin3ticwav Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kin3ticwav (3)
Mild Very Strong Very Full Pleasant

I just tried my first bowl of this and being a Kentucky boy myself, I had high hopes for this McClelland blend. I purchased a few other tobaccos along with it and noticed as soon as I opened the shipping box a fairly unpleasant aroma. I don't know what I could equate it to but it was something that made my stomach a bit upset. All the other bags seemed to have taken on the smell, and hopefully not the flavor of the Kentucky Cavendish. This is actually a very mild tobacco to smoke, and I assume if you really like cherry/berry flavored tobaccos this would be a good one. I on the other hand did not enjoy it. I love berry flavoring in most anything but this made me sick to smoke. I couldn't even make it through half of the bowl before finally giving up and emptying it onto the ground.

I would say this is a good smoking tobacco. Did not seem too wet to me. Perfect right out of the bag. Good strong flavor but the berry can be a bit overwhelming. I don't know what berry tobacco should be but this was not one I would want to try again.

stephenspring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
stephenspring (13)

I found this on smokingpipes.com in bulk. Tried it with a Peterson briar pipe. This is great stuff. My usual is Balkan Supreme and I'm not really a Cavendish person for the most part. This blend; however, is really nice stuff. The pleasant, fruity smell hits as soon as the bag is opened. Burns consistently, very nice rich but mild flavor, smells good, and no bite. Today is one of those rare days where it snowed in Baton Rouge - very, very rare. What a great way to pass the day smoking this. McClelland really did it right. This is really swell!

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (57)

I love cherries and am always looking for a good blend flavored with my favored fruit. Happened to run into this one at smokingpipes.com, they seem to be the only one carrying it presently. Good straightforward burley blend with a fairly lightly applied cherry/berry topping. No sweet goopy mess here. Me thinks the casing really shows up more in the aroma than the flavor. Actually the flavor reminds me of Butternut Burley ,if you have tried that popular blend. Good yardwork smoke. Nothing spectacular here but enjoyable none the less. Lovely Aroma!

bigjonburley Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bigjonburley (64)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I ordered some of this because I have been working in some lighter blends lately. First, Kentucky Cav is very moist, probably the highest moisture content that I've seen in a while. Drying for eight hours was necessary. This tobacco is very soft, easily loaded, and loaded with sugary sweetness. Even with drying, sipping is mandatory. I'm not sensative to bite, but high moisture and topping content can make it painful. Very tasty, falls on the desert side of tobacco types. Light vermont maple syrup comes to mind. Smoke it in a cob, as flavory lingers. Its worth trying, high quality aromatic, but nothing that I'm nuts over. SO-SO at best.

defender Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
defender (5)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Tried this because my kids didn't like the va/per fragrances in my car... This sweet and smokey, clean burning, no relight, but did need a couple hours drying time in the bowl before lighting up....left a sweet/nutty aroma in my car... rich in the nutty cavendish and just enough va to give that sweet taste...