A unique blend of Golden Cavendish tobaccos with a touch of mellow Burley enhanced with a delicate nutty and fruity flavor for a distinctively pleasurable smoke.

BrandLane Limited
Taste
2.0
Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)

This is a decent tobacco for the new pipe smoker, it has no real strong taste and it can be smoked with total disregard for pace, and you will not have a sore mouth. If you can as a new smoker slow yourself down there are some nice flavors to be had, hazelnut, and berries (maybe raspberries). I would not want to smoke this one often unless I had enough pipes to rotate every two weeks, because there is a fair amount of goop at the bottom of the pipe when finished. This tobacco is very average and by no means exceptional.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I tried this blend recently to compare it to a Lord of the Rings type blend that I had heard quite a bit about. Just for hte record, I believe they are one and the same.

RHQ-3 can, of course, be found under a plethora of names in bulk. It's pretty much as I expected, and just as described. It is a cool smoke if you don't rush it. There is no real tobacco flavor, and the nutty - berry flavoring can be enjoyable, if the bowl is small enough. The taste never changes, and it has a definite tendency to get a bit bitter toward the end of the bowl.

Since it is heavily saturated with humecants (sp?) the end of the bowl isn't much of a concern anyway - it's going to be goopy and wet.

Load it up, smoke maybe a third, and when you're bored with it, toss the rest. Dry the pipe for a month or so...

omegapd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
omegapd (81)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is your typical Lane bulk blend. Great aroma, pretty wet, not much tobacco flavor...but this stuff is good! For some reason, this is my Christmas Morning smoke, so I always keep a little on hand. It's flavored with raspberry and hazelnut and is a 50/50 mix of golden and black ribbon. This was also the first bulk blend that really got my attention. It can bite if you use it for an all day smoke, which is probably why I don't smoke it more often. Taste and aromawise, it's a fine blend.

Hawkeyeted Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hawkeyeted (14)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

I received this blend as a sample from Tobacco Direct after purchasing my Peterson XL02. This is a distinctive non-aromatic blend with plenty of oriental, cube cut, with a nice smokey aroma. Packed well, no stems. I lit this baby up and WOW! The orientals took off. No aromatic here. The overall flavor was pleasant and tasted like pure unadulterated tobacco. Maybe some light and dark VA's, but plenty of Latakia for a nice "campfire" odor. I am used to aromatics, so I may of though this blend to be strong. Absolutely no bite. Cool smoke all the way down to the heel. Easy to keep lit too. Fininshes with a fine gray ash and very little dottle.

I'm not much of an English / orietal smoker, but this was a nice treat and I would try it again.