Sweet Virginia mixed with smooth Burley. A unique and Mellow blend.

Notes: Colts pipe tobacco is inspired by the Colts cigar range. The brand was launched in selected markets in 2009.

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
PackagingPouch
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Tabocco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tabocco (4)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

This blend of rough-cut gold and brown leaves is probably my favourite over-the-counter tobacco. It has a nice rummy/caramel scent in the pouch, lights easy, burns clean, and yields a slightly sweet and mild-tasting smoke that is pleasant for both the smoker and anyone else in the room. It is relatively cool and dry, and burns down to a medium-fine white/gray ash that coats the bowl nicely. I enjoy this blend both for its smoking qualities, and for breaking in a pipe (new or cleaned) after lightly coating the clean bowl with a thin layer of honey or agave syrup. This seems to establish a nice, neutrally flavoured cake fairly quickly.

Availability note: In Ontario, I have found this and the Colts American Mixture for sale at some convenience stores and smoke shops, which is nice if I don't have the time to visit a specialty tobacconist.

Northern Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipes (22)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I was pleasantly surprised with this tobacco. I received this and the american mixture as gifts and wasn't giving these much thought, but one whiff of the rum flavouring and my interest was piqued. The rum flavour and aroma is the star of this tobacco. The sweetness compliments the flavouring nicely. While the natural tobacco flavour is masked a bit by the casing, I don't have any problems with that. I enjoy it and recommend it to people who want a flavourful aromatic. I definitely enjoy this one more so than the American mixture.