A blend of first quality fully riped Cavendish left under pressure until the leaf tobacco has been changed into a deep black colour. Very rich and smooth aroma of tobacco components guaranteed.

BrandPlanta
ContentsBlack Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Jdor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jdor (15)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I always had a thing for Black Cavendish blends, but it's not an easy task finding a good specimen of this species, mainly because some brands tend to use LOTS of soapy casing, and for some reason they burn quite hot.

With Black & Bright I think I found a great deal. I have to say it has a very strong aromatic aroma, but keeps the soul of a true cavendish. It's sweet and smooth, and burns cool all the way trough the bowl.

Erfan Rezaei Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Erfan Rezaei (4)

It burns quite smooth and needn't to relight much so don't rush it. Even you must keep pace with the speed of burning to keep the bowl colder. The taste and flavor is not some thing special which makes it noble, somehow you feel something is dancing in the bottom of your throat! It is suggested to be a good mix which could be provided by mixing with a Virginia based tobaccos such as 'Sherlock Holmes from Peterson'. I recommend the same. Among aromas which I tested, its tongue-bite is less...even if your puff is deep.

Pipe Used: amateur Captain Black

Purchased From: Local B&B

Similar Blends: Black Luxury.

Raines Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Raines (50)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Unnoticeable

Tobacco not verry strong, rather flat indeed. My girlfriend didn't smell any aroma. And I've finished my bowl in 30/45 minutes so it burns quickly.

Pipe Used: Butz-Choquin Formula 1601

de_profundiis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
de_profundiis (2)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Black and Bright is one of the best pipe tobaccos I have ever smoked. Being recommended as a legitimate successor to Black and Mild, this very aromatic tobacco is now a major player in my rotation.

Never found the 50g pouch as stated in the description, so my review is solely for the 100g tin package.

Featuring a strong and pleasant aroma right out of the can, burns very smoothly. Some care is recommended as it burns very hot. The aromatic flavour retains it's intensity during smoke and leaves a very pleasant room note.

In my experience with aromatic tobaccos, this is one of the strongest I have ever smoked. I believe that it is this feature that gives it such a full-bodied smoking experience.

I strongly recommend this for all who enjoy Sail, Danish Black Vanilla and black cavendish tobaccos in general.