Medium to full aromatic cavendish. Rare Green River Burley is the only tobacco used in this blend. The process is top secret!

BrandHiland's Cigars

3.9
Plihopliheri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Plihopliheri (7)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A friend from the States used to bring me a pound of Black Gold whenever he visited, and it was my go-to tobacco for as long as this pound lasted. (His visits were rare, and I turned to English blends eventually when I was out of BG.) A very pleasant room note allowed me to smoke this even in company of people who normally did not tolerate smoking. I remember its mild flavor and its smoothness on the palate. BG lasted forever without drying out, and smoked nice and smooth from lighting up to the end of the pipe. Later, my friend brought Black Gold plus, which has its own merits, but did not live up to my high expectations. (Now that I remember, I think I should ask my friend for another pound.)

Sveinn Kevinson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sveinn Kevinson (1)

I was hugely looking forward to this blend, and I finally saved up enough to put in my order. After receiving my order, I went straight to this blend as I thought I had received a veritable treasure of delight. Pouch note is overwhelmingly raisin. only the mildest hint of chocolate. this was surprising as I had heard all the chocolate brownies and baking reviews. Room note is pleasant enough, but again not the aroma of delight that the reviews stated. Smoking this blend is a trick. you have to puff fast enough to keep it burning, as it doesn't much like to stay lit, but slow enough that it doesn't bite, or turn bitter, which it will at the slightest thing. Lots of goo in the bowl about 2/3 through, which is as far as I've gotten before it turns bitter sour. After smoking this my mouth felt quite leathery but not dry, and it had a bit of a bitter aftertaste. All in all, not my favorite. If you sip it, it is quite pleasant, but if you do anything too crazy to it it gets all bitter... try it for yourself to see.

Pipe Used: Bjarne Viking Churchwarden

Purchased From: hilandscigars.com

TexasPipeGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TexasPipeGuy (6)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I gave up on aromatics but this blend made me enjoy aromatics again. Try as I did, I could not get this blend to bite my tongue. Smooth cool smoke and I get tons of compliments when I fire a bowl of this up in public.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Poker w/balsa filter

Purchased From: Highlands Cigars.com

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)
Mild Medium Medium Tolerable

This is ok but Black Gold plus is better. I'm mixing in 10-20% of other tobaccos with Black Gold which makes a much better tasting smoke.

4 Stars For Black Gold when adding in other tobaccos.

Update: After drying I'm adding in lighter tobaccos about 10% like PS24, Snowflake, or Celebration (local bulk) which make this my favorite smoke.

waterpoweredcar.com

Check out gadgetmangroove.com and youtube videos if you want to double your gas mileage. I have no affiliation with them.

The Reverend

jeffro_44 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jeffro_44 (2)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

One of the finest aromatic blends I've smoked to date. Try it with a cup of coffee! Highly recommended!

BriarChild Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarChild (11)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of the finest aromatics I have ever tasted. I have enjoyed several bowls of this, and have found it to be beautiful. It is a great chocolate brownie type of taste. I would certainly qualify this as a dessert tobacco. After smoking this blend the first time I was shocked to feel as if I had actually EATEN a delicious rich brownie. The aftertaste is as good or better than the first taste. Creamy, rich, beautiful. It really is a pinnacle achievement.

blackpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
blackpipe (2)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Well this tabacco was recomended to me, this person told me it was the best tabacco he has ever smoked.I recieved it with high expectations and I was not dissapointed.A fantastic aromatic with a sweet chocolate flavor.Taste like chocolate cake with vanilla topping.The room note is amazing.(brownies) No bite detected . I dont think any chocolate aromatic can top this tabacco.I have smoked boswells chocolate cream and this tabacco is alot better.Alot sweeter but not overwealming.Very smooth

It is relatively unknown but its a fantastic tabacco try it

p.s. the nicotine content is low which for me is a plus

Tplumm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tplumm (21)
Extremely Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is a rare gem among aromatics. By far the most pleasant after-taste of ANY tobacco I have run across. A real "taste as it smells" specimen and it smells amazing, kind of like a bakery on brownie day. Great customer service from Hiland's as well, you won't be disappointed.