A deep brown coarse cut cavendish with some black. A very prominant buttered-vanilla pouch aroma.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish
FlavoringCream, Vanilla
Strength
Medium, Strong
Taste
JoeMan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JoeMan (7)
Mild Medium to Strong Very Full Strong

I've been smoking Vanilla Custard for nearly 2 years now. It's not just a crowd pleaser...this is some ridiculously good stuff, and is a go-to aromatic for me. The tin note is amazingly creamy vanilla, and it does not disappoint in the pipe. To say this has the aroma and taste of cookie dough or cake would be accurate. If you like sweet flavorful aromatics which smell and taste like dessert, you don't want to miss this one.

Pipe Used: Grabow, Wally Frank, Alpha, Peterson

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Mild to Medium Medium Very Mild Pleasant

This blend has the same artificial chemical taste as found in the bargain brand bagged tobaccos one would find at a Walgreens. I strongly suspect this is due to the amount of humectant used.

While the vanilla flavor is present, it is not enough to overcome the artificial flavor. It can only be described as cheap flavored tobacco that has no business being sold as a premium smoke.

Smoke slow. It can bite as well.

Noobee Sweetooth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Noobee Sweetooth (1)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild Very Pleasant

As this posts, I've only smoked for less than a year. I want sugary flavors. This is an ice creamy vanilla charged gurgly blessing for me. In the bag it's an air-freshener, that smells,... well reeks like cake batter in a very good way. I've heard people say it smells like cookies. In your choppers it tastes like very smoothe cremey vanilla. Vanilla Cubed! Like that other post says, the bag smell, and the smoke taste are different, losing the butteryness, but it IS Candy, deliciously so.

Chatsworth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chatsworth (52)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is the most pronounced vanilla flavored aromatic I've tried. Wonderful taste.

Mild Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

My review is based on a free pouch sample I received along with a recent tobacco order. I originally asked to have this blend added for review and described it as a coarse cavendish cut with some black. After fingering through the pouch I noticed a bit of ribbon and some partially broken flakes (very minimally on both counts). The first thing noticed upon opening the pouch was a very pleasing, but strong buttery-vanilla aroma. The use the term “buttery” first since that was very overwhelming, however, after lighting, there is no true butter-like flavor. There is a very prominent but pleasing vanilla taste throughout and a bit candy-like. It was very different from other vanillas I have smoked over the years. I would have preferred the buttery aspect that I noticed in the pouch aroma to translate more in the taste.

I suspect that due to the very strong, sweet-tasting vanilla, there was little hint of tobacco flavor. There was no bite throughout the entire smoke, and only a minimum of moisture/gurgle present while smoking. Surprisingly, with the very prominent vanilla casing, I expected more moisture along with a hot, bite-y smoke. As stated, there was none. There was some chemical taste as the bowl progressed along with an ammonia-like smell to the burning tobacco. This smell was most evident after putting the pipe down for a bit and smelling the wafting smoke. In spite of this, it was not much of a turn-off. As the bowl progressed it became a bit bitter, but without harshness to the mouth or throat. For those aromatic-exclusive smokers, you would be hard pressed to find a better vanilla. As such, easily a 3 star smoke. For those like myself, if you want more of a tobacco flavor in your smoke along with some cased aromatic flavoring, Mac Baren does it better with their Vanilla Cream and Honey Chocolate blends, as does Dan Pipe with their Milonga. That being the case, my personal rating for Vanilla Custard is 2 stars. For those who want a more natural tobacco experience, this one will not suit you and therefore I would not recommend this blend for that group. An on occasion smoke for me at best.

jozmo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jozmo (1)
Very Mild Very Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Sweetest smelling blend I've encountered. Didn't even taste like tobacco. If you really like the smell of vanilla, this one's for you. If you like vanilla a lot, don't miss this. I'll pass however.

Pipe Used: Cob

Similar Blends: Vanilla cupcakes from the bakery..