A superior blend of top quality Virginia tobaccos from three continents. Loose cut. Light aromatic – Virginia taste. Mild.

Notes: This comes in 2 cuts - a fine ribbon (in bulk) for pipe, and a fine shag (in pouch) for RYO.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
CutShag
Strength
Taste

"JY" Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
"JY" (8)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

Reviewing as a RYO/MYO cigarette tobacco. Flavor is dominated by the topping. Good flavor, but not my favorite, like a generic liqueur taste. Some acidity, very manageble. For me, no mouth feel or aftertaste problems. For some reason, really comes together and shines as a nonfiltered roll type cigarette. For me best served fresh, maximum moisture. If dried out, the flavor fades and the smoke gets coarser. Good value.

Tudval Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tudval (18)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

I also bought this initially as a replacement for RYO tobacco, but the cut is quite rough for that purpose and it produces too much smoke. You may call it 'pipey'. Funny thing is, smoked in a pipe I'm sure many would say it tastes like cigarette tobacco. So it's kinda neither here nor there, but it'a a quality natural Virginia tobacco, with no bite, but very subdued flavor profile. Quite pleasant if you're in the mood for something really mild. Also very inexpensive compared to the more sophisticated blends.

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (145)
Mild Very Mild Medium Tolerable

The smell in the pouch is of chocolate, a fine ribbon cut with Virginias ranging from yellow to bronze. I waited for mine to be bone dry. It lights and burns very fast but there is no bite. The flavors are: citrus, tangy and honey sweet. The chocolate is there as an after taste, especially as you reach the bottom of your bowl. I guess that for the price, you can't do wrong by buying it if you like your Virginia Danish style but there are better offerings in the same vein. Still, it was a pleasant surprise.

Pete Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pete (2)
Mild None Detected Medium Unnoticeable

Danish Export is about the closest smoke I can find to Export cigarettes from Canada which are 100 per cent Virginia tobacco.I also purchased a couple of ounces of Danish Import for pipes which has a much courser cut. Didn't care for it all. It had to be relit several times and had an acrid taste and smell Stick with the shag cut for RYO cigs and forget the pipe version. I find the same to be true with Five Brothers when you want a pure burley. Too sting for the pipe but an excellent RYO when you're in the mood for one of these. I can say,however, that Danish Export shag cut is excellent in blending your own pipe tobaccos as I often do. It adds that extra tanginess from the Virginias to round out your blend. For cigarettes I give this tobacco 4 stars; for pipes I give it 2.

Similar Blends: Export Canadian Cigarettes.

Mild Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

OK, I must confess. This is what I order for when I get the urge for a RYO cigarette, or a small pipe smoked like a cigarette. Old habits die hard! I have yet to smoke this as a true pipe tobacco, but if I do will set down my impressions. This works great in a cigarette, and I think that may be what it is mainly designed for, but marketed as pipe tobacco to dodge those exorbitant RYO taxes!