Classic English mixture of premier Virginia, oriental from Izmir, Basma and Cyprian Latakia.

BrandMostex
Manufactured ByMostex
Contents Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging50g Pouch
CountryCZ
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
None Detected, Mild, Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full

pantera Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pantera (8)

A very enjoyable EM , all day tobacco in the style of Dunhill 965.

scoho7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
scoho7 (6)
Medium to Strong Medium Full Tolerable

This Stanislaw mixture is a very nice introduction to a more full bodied,oriental tobacco blend. Without being too strong due to the Virginia, the tobacco is more complex and spicy. Burns just right, has a tolerable aroma, and fits the bill when your in the mood for the specific taste.

odinbaal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
odinbaal (5)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

Bought this from Spain, as it's widely available there along with other Mostex products. Pleasantly surprised by this tobacco, as it's everything I like about English mixtures MINUS the bitterness (which can creep in with the best Dunhills) PLUS a sweet note, probably the orientals. A truly great mixture if you want a break from the more austere Latakia blends.

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (109)

This is excellent stuff; as a previous reviewer has noted, it stands up well against Dunhill's London Mixture, and you can't say fairer than that.

On the face of it, the great advantage of Mostex's London Mixture is its cheapness. Unfortunately, though, you can get it in the UK only by ordering it through a website that charges so much for postage that it turns out to be not so cheap after all. Also, the HMRC [Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs] website makes it clear that it is illegal in the UK to buy tobacco from an overseas site and have it mailed to you, even if it's for your own consumption. So that's that, then ...

Before too much longer, I hope, Mostex will perhaps find a British importer. Mostex/Stanislaw tobacco won't be cheap then (because of swingeing excise duties) but it'll still be worth paying for. I recommend it highly.

(Then again, I sometimes wonder why so many excellent tobaccos are freely available elsewhere, but not in the UK: Esoterica's Penzance, the 'new' Balkan Sobranie and Capstan in its various flake forms are cases in point. I'm inclined to suspect a cunning, inch-by-inch movement towards actual prohibition; but that's something I'd really rather not think about!)

ColonelStJames Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ColonelStJames (14)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

My sister brought a pouch back for me from her recent trip to Prague. When I first opened the pouch, I was impressed by the aroma, but at the same time a little apprehensive. I prefer and usually smoke aromatics, and have not done too well with English blends. Usually the Latakia tends to be too strong for my taste and I wind up with a headache. With London Mixture, however, there is just enough Latakia to make it interesting, but not over-powering. The smoke is nowhere close to the mildness of my usual aromatic, but compared to all the other English tobaccos I have tried, it is remarkably enjoyable. It will never be my regular smoke, but it is the kind of tobacco that if you're hungry for it, nothing else will do. Now, my biggest problem is where am I going to get more after this pouch is gone?! Great job Mr. Stanislaw!

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

A gift from “Hetfield”, from his Christmas trip to Czech Republic. The value for money relation of this blend is un-be-lie-va-bly good. This is the main element of this mixture. When he brought to me and I smelled it, I didn't dare to say my opinion. “Pastrami, I said!” (like beef jerky but from camel meet) – don't laugh – few other co-smokers agreed. Maybe it is because I like pastrami so much, or maybe because some of the processing components of the two tasteful products are the same?? Who knows?? I like them both very much, anyhow. Of course, once you light up the tobacco you get no taste of the wonderful sausage. What you get is very cool smoke on the palate. Sweet taste. Very easy to smoke, as it is not particularly heavy. You can enjoy this blend all day long, and if you consider its price, your mood becomes even better. It contains Virginia, Basma, Izmir and Cyprian Latakia. I will agree, after all, with that Ukrainian seller that told me that Mostex has very nice Latakia blends

yankee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
yankee (12)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

very flat and boring tobacco in my opinion. i gave balkan latakia three stars, this one goes two... i expected a lot more!

pipeclubsi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipeclubsi (6)
Medium None Detected Overwhelming Tolerable

Simply fantastic. I'm impressed with the true quality of this tobacco. A real thing! Natural, smoky, fine, burns well and cool, just perfect...and inexpensive,too.

bayro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bayro (18)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Croatia has recently appeared. All my friends from the club agreed that it is very similar Dunhill's 965, which is slowly disappearing. For every compliment! And at a price and in quality!

Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The reason for the high recommendation is because this is an excellent alternative to the more expensive and less available Dunhill mixtures. I just bought to pouches in a Madrid general tobacco store. I saw it in other several outfits. However, I only could find Dunhill products at the tobacco store in El Corte Ingles. I find this mixture as an agreeable way to start the day.

rrb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rrb (4)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

If you like Dunhill London Mixture, and if you're on a budget, this is a great substitute. Believe me when I say this is not bad at all and with the advantage of being A LOT cheaper.