A good amount of Black Cavendish, and just a little Sweet Virginia to make a sweet mild smoke. A very smooth but not weak, a very aromatic tobacco that is welcomed when smoking indoors.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
2.7
musicman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
musicman (81)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Please take note that the tobacco smoked for this review is almost 6 years old now. Where virginias seem to shine with age, aromatics seem to dull. They lose their aromaticness, if that is even a word. That said this tobacco still had some very good taste, just not as much as a fresh batch would.

I do not need to go into the intrinsic value of Boswell pipe tobaccos. The fact that these products are of the utmost quality is clearly visible.

Spice and nice is pretty similar to some of the other Boswell aromatic blends. This particular weed exhibits clear chocolate and nutmeg flavors. The nutmeg is really quite prevalent at times.

The biggest redeeming quality for all Boswell tobaccos seems to be their lack of tongue bite, and this blend follows suit.

Another fine creation by the gentleman at Boswell pipes. Give it a try.

Pipe Used: Cheap Basket pipe

Age When Smoked: Purchased in 2008

Purchased From: Boswell Pipes

brogreggblues Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brogreggblues (45)

Very mild, pleasant. 1/2 through bowl, slight sense of nutmeg/cinnamon. Light room note. Pleasant tasting, no bad after taste, at all.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I would like to say that the folks at Boswell are really wonderful. Spice and Nice has a very similar taste to IRC Kings Orietal . It is similar to mince meat pie that is heavy on the cloves and nutmeg. Perhaps for some folks this taste isn't bad. I find it rather pleasant. For a lttle oomph add a PINCH of Latakia! Solid aromatic but you need to dry it out for a day or 2. 3 stars!

chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)

Agree with reviewer Young Smoke there is a definite chocolate flavour in "Spice and Nice" among a bouquet of other tastes including licorice, hazelnut and nutmeg. J.M. Boswell makes another solid case for consistently elevated ratings rendered by tobaccoreviews.com scribes; the illustrious house deserves the approbation. This is superb with that first or second cup of java, black or green tea come morn. Slight minor difficulty. Found the leaf in my 4 oz. poly bag to be a bit moist upon opening and the bowl misfired a few times on char light. Laying the contents on aluminium foil to set over night cured this and all successive bowls have smoked consistently through. The blend smokes cooly in a trustworthy E.A. Carey "magic inch" billiard briar. Sure I will detect other flavours as the adventure unfolds because, as with Boswell's "Sweet Tea," this is an interesting confectionary & complex sweet aro mixture. Loving it...me encanta...ich liebe es. Happy hunting...

pghmod Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pghmod (5)

I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could, but I reserve my 4 star review for blends that are truly steller. As damn near every Boswell blend I've had so far, this was an incredibly smooth and flavorful smoke that burn perfectly to a nice white ash. I can't speak highly enough of these Boswell blends, and of course you be enjoying them in a Boswell pipe for an optimal experience.

I will say I didn't notice lots of spice in this blend, but I'll agree with the "nice". It was very similar to my last experience with Boswell's Sweet Tea. I puffed away on this stuff and found no bite. Try it.

YoungSmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
YoungSmoke (24)

I find it to be very similar to some of the other Boswell blends. It has that familar nutty/vanilla sweet carmel rasin-like aroma in the pouch and tastes about the same. It is mild, but tasty and satisfying. I find it has more to it than Boswell's best and the Vanilla cream, but you can still taste the tobacco, it's one of those blends to smoke with the nose as well. I think I'm really liking it because of the colder weather upon us now...it kinda goes with the season as I can also note subtle holiday like spice aroma and flavor like the name says. The more I smoke it I notice the flavors kind of fading away. It seems to be tasting a bit more like chocolate, it's not bad but it was a much better blend to smoke fresh than it is now after sitting around a while. This one is very similar to Boswell's No Bite Delight. It it still a nice blend with no bite...not bad, but not something I think I will need to have around.