Light, fresh with satisfying sweetness. Blend of fine dark Cavendish and flue-cured bright Virginias. Flavored with a sweet concoction of food flavorings that J.M. likes to experiment with. Excellent room note, you will fall in love with this one!

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Blended ByJ.M. Boswell
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry, Sweet / Sugar
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Well this is another very mild aromatic from Boswell. There is a slight cherry flavor from the bag and during the smoke. This also leaves a nice taste in your mouth. This is a pleasing smoke but don't expect a lot of flavor or taste. Burns pretty cool for an aromatic and burns very clean. I am not a huge cherry fan but this is about the best cherry aro I have ever smoked. If you like cherry aromatics you really need to give this one a shot.

Pipe Used: Johs dublin

Age When Smoked: Fairly fresh

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Meh. I smoked a decent sized sample of this one and it just did not do anything for me. The topping is heavy and doesn't stand out in any great way to me. I don't know what I would say the flavor is, but it is strong. I guess it hangs in pretty well throughout the smoke as I never felt I was smoking hot air, but it was just never special.

I can think of several aromatics that I would both smoke and recommend over sweet dreams. It just left no memorable impression on me one way or the other. So two stars as the topping may appeal to you.

ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Quite a delightful little blend. I'm an aromatic smoker but I don't like the heavily cased aromatics. I tend to shy away from Virginias because they tend to leave a nasty taste in my mouth, so I'm not in love with this blend, but it's actually quite a great light aromatic. Room note is nice and balanced... not great, but good... really a nicely balanced blend here. I don't find as much of the sweetness and I have no gurgle or goop like others report. Maybe cellaring this blend a year is the trick.. it was PERFECT right out of the jar.

The sweetness isn't overpowering, in fact it's not all that strong at all. It's there if you're looking for it, but doesn't jump out at you the way most of Boswell's aromatics do. The Virginia flavor comes through a bit which is nice. Burns well and stays flavorful to the end of the bowl (probably because of the Virginia tobacco). It starts kind of flat and mild and then builds a little bit.

I'd say this is a great tobacco for someone who is looking to transition from sweet heavily flavored aromatics into more natural flavors. It's a great balance between the two.

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Boswell B+M visit

McKNooB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
McKNooB (35)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Ordered this along side some Berry Cobbler. I have everyone take a whiff of these two bags and most are unable to distinguish. Aghast!! My two months of pipe smoking experience can sense the subtleties!! I like this blend but it doesn't really have me coming back regularly. I'm gonna take the advice of a few reviewers here and mix it with some cav. It is a popular aroma with the War Department (and neighbours) but I do find it to be moist and I pay particular attention to the bowl after I'm done. It does light (and stay lit) relatively easily though. I find it doesn't burn all that hot and I do appreciate the flavour but often it leaves me with the sense that the flavour should be way more agreeable and enjoyable. As enjoyable and agreeable as the smell of the bag, but it doesn't. I'm still going back to JMB for others though!!!!

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I received a sampling of this for Christmas from a friend and it had me coming back. In fact this is the first sample I've completely finished. The person that gave it to me aged it I believe. It is very mild, no tongue bite and the scent is very nice. It's a very relaxing blend and I highly recommend it.