Light, fresh with satisfying sweetness. Blend of fine dark Cavendish and flue-cured bright Virginias. Flavored with a sweet concoction of food flavorings that J.M. likes to experiment with. Excellent room note, you will fall in love with this one!

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Taste
ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Quite a delightful little blend. I'm an aromatic smoker but I don't like the heavily cased aromatics. I tend to shy away from Virginias because they tend to leave a nasty taste in my mouth, so I'm not in love with this blend, but it's actually quite a great light aromatic. Room note is nice and balanced... not great, but good... really a nicely balanced blend here. I don't find as much of the sweetness and I have no gurgle or goop like others report. Maybe cellaring this blend a year is the trick.. it was PERFECT right out of the jar.

The sweetness isn't overpowering, in fact it's not all that strong at all. It's there if you're looking for it, but doesn't jump out at you the way most of Boswell's aromatics do. The Virginia flavor comes through a bit which is nice. Burns well and stays flavorful to the end of the bowl (probably because of the Virginia tobacco). It starts kind of flat and mild and then builds a little bit.

I'd say this is a great tobacco for someone who is looking to transition from sweet heavily flavored aromatics into more natural flavors. It's a great balance between the two.

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Boswell B+M visit

McKNooB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
McKNooB (34)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Ordered this along side some Berry Cobbler. I have everyone take a whiff of these two bags and most are unable to distinguish. Aghast!! My two months of pipe smoking experience can sense the subtleties!! I like this blend but it doesn't really have me coming back regularly. I'm gonna take the advice of a few reviewers here and mix it with some cav. It is a popular aroma with the War Department (and neighbours) but I do find it to be moist and I pay particular attention to the bowl after I'm done. It does light (and stay lit) relatively easily though. I find it doesn't burn all that hot and I do appreciate the flavour but often it leaves me with the sense that the flavour should be way more agreeable and enjoyable. As enjoyable and agreeable as the smell of the bag, but it doesn't. I'm still going back to JMB for others though!!!!

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I received a sampling of this for Christmas from a friend and it had me coming back. In fact this is the first sample I've completely finished. The person that gave it to me aged it I believe. It is very mild, no tongue bite and the scent is very nice. It's a very relaxing blend and I highly recommend it.

THESSALONIAN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THESSALONIAN (22)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I will get more of this soon because adding about 10% of this to any good black cavendish with make an excellent flavor. On it's own Sweat Dreams isn't a great tobacco. But take my humble advice and try mixing this in with Raspbery Cream or some other black cav and it will taste great.

BaconandTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BaconandTobacco (15)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Out of the Boswell blends that I have tried, this is the only one that I do not particularly care for. The topping is composed of sweet undistinguishable flavors. This blend smokes rather warm and damp compared to the others.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant

I will start with a query, which I will repeat for all Boswell tobaccos: Even though I have left them open for 2 months, they haven't dried out at all. This is something that scares me.

A light mixture, not heavily aromatic, but the existing sense just doesn't disperse. It reminds me of summer black cherries. It leaves a lot of moisture in the pipe, but also it easily lights up. This is a bit strange. As you can imagine the room note exquisite. It contains Black Cavendish and flue-cured bright Virginia. I want to thank, a lot, my friend “Nektarios” for gifting me these 5 Boswell tobaccos in order to try them out.

LadyPiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LadyPiper (2)

Definitely a cherry essence here, but is totally different in flavoring for me than Boswell's Cherry Smash or Penn Dutch Treat. This blend has some other nuance in it that I just can't place. Sweet, but not overly so. Cherry, but not overly so. And something else in there--but not overly so, heh.

Stays lit without problems and flavor lasts to the bottom of the bowl.

I tried like heck to get it to bite--never succeeded.

Christmas Cookie and Sweet Dreams are now my two favorite Boswell tobaccos. If you like trying new aromatics and haven't tried Sweet Dreams yet, give it a go. You may just be pleasantly surprised!

BriarBreather Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BriarBreather (8)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Being that this blend of boswell's has not been reviewed yet, I thought I would order a sample of it when I bought my last boswell pipe. I was kinda wondering what J.M. was up to with this blend as it states he adds a "sweet concoction of food flavorings" to the blend. I don't know if he experiments with these flavors or if they remain constant, but when I lit this blend it said one thing to me....CHERRY!! A very mild cherry at that. Nothing really jumped out at me and I was looking real hard for whatever else might be in this blend. I have tried almost all of boswells blends, and this one is a mild version of P.A dutch treat I would say. Not alot going on other than a very mild blend with a fairly decent room note. If your looking for a mild blend with a hint of cherry....give it a try!