A mix of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish.

Notes: To celebrate the 400th Anniversary of the first English settlement on the North America Continent, and the beginning of the rich tradition of Tobacco in America, Altadis USA is proud to introduce the new Premium Pipe Tobacco Brand Jamestowne Tradition.

Packaging50g Pouch

Visit company website

Strength
Very Mild, Mild
None Detected, Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0
SApipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SApipe (31)
Very Mild None Detected Mild Very Pleasant

This one came in my Altadis 4-pack sampler. The tobacco is pitch black in color of varying cuts. It has a very nice odor in the tin; kind of vanilla cream smell.

It burns cool, did not bite my tongue at all. The room note is a definite crowd pleaser. I know there is something added to it, but I could not taste it. The first half of the bowl has no taste, but a wonderful aroma. Then the aroma fades and you can begin to taste burley. It's a biphasic smoke.

I'll give it 2-stars only, since it is somewhat lacking in flavor/taste department.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This tobacco is one that I thought I would like, the tin note seemed to have some promise, but what I ended up with was a fairly bland mixture of hot burning tobacco.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I really enjoyed this when I first got into collecting tobacco blends. But the more knowledge I aquired, the more bland this became. Easy on the tongue, but can be difficult to light due to the high PG content. This could be a great addition to blends that are missing some sweetness, but alone it is too simple. Crowd pleaser yes, palate pleaser no.

R. Craig Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
R. Craig (1)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I got exactly what I paid for on this one. Reclining back in my chair and opening this pouch was not the most exhilarating endeavor; however, I knew what I was getting in to. Pure black Cavendish tobacco with a sweat pungent aroma in a pouch is what I was looking for, so I will rate this only on the quality, quantity, taste, texture, and aroma. Let's start with the quantity, if you spent no more than $6 than you could hardly ask for more out of a 1.5 oz pouch. As I had expected the quality as right down the middle of the road, a little tacky to the touch but no detectable moisture. This turned out to be a very mild cool to almost no taste smoke to me, however I tend to smoke a strong English blend most of the time. After the first light and tamp down I did detect a stronger taste. I have nothing to compare the taste to other than to say it taste like maple syrup with a hint of vanilla and sweat rum. The room note was pleasant to me and most of my guest at the house that night. I will continue to smoke this till it is gone and quite possibly buy some more upon running low. The slight taste and sweat room note are worth it to me not to mention you might find yourself with a little case of tong bite and this would make for a welcome change to sooth those annoying bumps.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I got my sample today of these five blends by Altadis. I find this blend to be the same as Midletons Hines Mixture. But a bit more refine. Even though this blend has that Altadis casing that all their blends have. It works better with this one bt far. I really enjoyed. this one. If you are looking for a good aromatic black cavendish with no bite no matter how hard you puff. Here Ya Go Boyz. Nothing over the top with this blend. Juat a good medium aroamtic smoke with an anisette and choclate flavor. And for free it taste even better. Good stuff.