A cavendish blended with burly with a bit of cherry. This blend smokes nice and mild. One of J.M.'s favorites to smoke!

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco

3.6
Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was recently gifted with 9 different bags of Boswell tobaccos by a fellow musician and pipe smoker. Thank you, Eddie!

After attacking these 9 bags, it's apparent that J.M. has more talent than just carving great briars.

I don't normally smoke/like cherry tobacco but PDT could change my mind. Unlike the normal cough syrup, chemical goop added to low grade leaf that is typical of most cherry blends, PDT is more like smoking a cherry pie. The leaf is of good quality and the smoke is creamy with no bite.

Very tasty, indeed.

3 stars even if you don't like cherry tobacco.

4 stars if you do.

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (45)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Really enjoyed this. Smoked in a new handmade pipe, and it was sweet and delicious. Mild - not too over powering, slightly chocolatey with hints of cherry. Lasted a while, it was a little moist by the end - I could see moisture in the pipe at the heel. But I enjoyed it so much. Bag smell was SO good and tasty, and of course the room note was terrific - kind of like mildly toasted marshmallows.

Pipe Used: Handmade mini Poker by Prairie Piper

Purchased From: JM Boswell

Similar Blends: Boswell's No Bite De Lite.

WillBrown Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillBrown (48)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Unnoticeable

I got an ounce of this great stuff free upon purchasing a pipe at Boswell's earlier this year. Much of what I said in Boswell's Paradise review holds true with this blend also—like Paradise, PDT is an additive stew, albeit a well-crafted one. As like many other reviewers, I'm not much for cherry blends. Most cherry blends fail to hide their craft, the cherry additive is too obvious, not so with PDT. The additive is blended, melded one could say, very harmoniously with the tobacco—well done! The taste is outstanding and the smoke is smooth and creamy. It also has a refreshingly cool side stream. For me, it's an every once and awhile smoke, as I generally find these type of concoctions too sweet (it's no different here). Still, if one is to smoke a cherry based blend, this is the one. As for PDT's aromatic qualities, I can't say, I usually smoke outside and, therefore, cannot register a room note. I would consider this a "cross-over" blend, half aromatic, half non-aromatic. Recommended.

Pipe Used: And again, another Kaywoodie

Age When Smoked: ?

Purchased From: Boswell's

matthieuduquette Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
matthieuduquette (12)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

-After several more bowls I haven't changed my mind on the following review.

Pennsylvania Dutch Treat is so far my favorite offering from JM Boswell.

In the bag, this course cut tobacco has the aroma of a chocolate cherry cordial. The blend appears to be dominantly Cavendish with maybe 1/3 Burley. This aesthetic blend reinforces to me the look of a chocolate covered cherry. Dark and rich with a hint of bright sweetness.

One of the best overall smoking experiences I have had. Never needed a relight. Yielded about a 45 minute smoke and didn't burn hot. Just a little bite but very little. No gurgle. The taste is quite sweet. Tastes just like I described in the bag. Though less intense than the cherry. The chocolate flavor I detected in the bag does come through in the taste if you get the smoke to the right places in your mouth.

Room note is just as good as the rest of the experience. Best aromatic room note I have experienced so far.

Very much enjoyed this blend. It will likely become one of my standards.

SBC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SBC (20)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

A pleasant tobacco, in its own way. After my first bowl, I wanted to say that if it is imperfect, it is not so because it ought to be less wrong, but only because it ought to be more right. However, after trying some more of it, I am increasingly bothered by the cherry flavor. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The smoke is very mild--very light in the mouth--almost whispy. It is pleasant on the tongue, not so much in being "creamy" (as some tobaccos are), but rather in being sort of "velvety" in a whispery sort of way.

Depending on how you smoke it, it may be a tad warmer than some other Boswell offerings, but it will not bite.

I normally step outside to smoke, but this is one blend I could get away with indoors.

It is somehow not as satisfying as I'd like. Some tobaccos are more like eating a steak, and some are more like catching a brief whiff that you can't quite catch again. This tobacco is the latter.

The cherry flavor comes through in the taste--mildly, but definitely. And it is true to scent; which is to say, what you smell in the bag is what you taste in the mouth (along with a very light, clean burly flavor).

The cherry flavor is rather metallic and artificial...I could see some folks liking it, but it bothers me. It reminds me of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

The cherry is on the outskirts of the taste cloud, dancing just beyond full view; teasingly, it dances now further away, now closer.

I recommend it to those who are satisfied without latakia or anything else to give much character, who might like a metallic/artificial cherry flavor.

PastorPipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PastorPipe (17)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The Boswells' aromatics are fantastic. They do not mask inferior tobaccos with heavy casings. This blend has the aroma of a sweet cherry cordial. When I first opened the plastic back in which they sent it to me, I instinctively wanted to eat some of it as it reminded me of of those chocolate covered cherries with the liquid center. I love the beautiful coarse cut (very rustic), and it lights/burns beautifully. The sweet cherry flavor was most pronounced it the beginning, but was present throughout. The burley added some nice cocoa and nut flavors that complement the sweet black Cavendish and cherry flavors wonderfully. I sip it gently as it can get hot. It can also get a little gurgly which is the case with aromatics. It can also nip the tongue a bit, but with no real long-lasting discomfort. This is a favorite of mine in the aromatics category. It is the equivalent in culinary terms of a comfort food. Mmmmm...mmm.

The Dutchman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Dutchman (4)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

"Toasted marshmallows" in the room note right off the bat so says the wife. Her words, not mine. In my house, you can't start much better than that, since she can be critical at times. The cherry flavor has been well covered and is the best that I've come across. The burley is the star here with tones of almond. Makes perfect sense, because I like both cherry and burley a lot. Throw in some cavendish and Voila! Smells great, packs itself, smokes itself, tastes great, feels great. What more do you want? I guess if I had to come up with something, I wouldn't mind a little more strength and a little less gurgle, but it's an aromatic. As a skeptic of most aromatics, I'll take it. The quintessential social smoke if you don't want to offend any of the naysayers because it smells great with a soft and pleasant room note. The ace in my indoor aromatic dedicated Peterson Bent Dog, no question about it. 3.8

brogreggblues Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brogreggblues (45)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This would be a great starter blend. The Boswells are deservedly famous for their aromatics, and this blend is no exception.

Pouch aroma is great. Not as much cherry as in their Cherry Smash, but enough to tell it's there. Stayed lit just fine.

Upon lighting, the cherry flavor was present, but certainly not overwhelming. Later in the bowl, the cherry topping seemed to wear off, and the nuttiness of the burley began to shine through.

Excellent quality tobacco, a superb choice for aro smokers, but just too mild for me.

*UPDATE: Went back to the bag, aging has not helped this blend. Now it tastes mostly of chemicals. The rich, nutty burley flavor is long gone. Still recommended, but smoke it fresh!

Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Wow, was I surprised. I received this blend as a gift and when I opened the bag, I smell a deep cherry like aromatic and thought, well, I will try it and if I don't like it I will just dump it and move on. So in the pouch, besides the really sweet aroma, the tobacco was dark with a mix of black and brown tobacco in a ribbon cut. It was a little moist but not enough to stick together like a lot of aromatics do. i loaded easily into my pipe, a big pot, and I proceeded to light up. My first impression was that is was not anything like the pouch aroma in that it was very mild and non impressive. I stayed with it awhile and suddenly there was a burst of flavor that kept developing as I smoked on. After about a 1/4 bowl smoked, this stuff was intoxicating. I could not put it down. It was deep, and rich and the room note even while I was smoking it was simply wonderful. It is a cherry type blend but not the cheap lifesaver type of cherry. I could also taste tobacco and it just satisfied a sweet tooth that I did not know i had at the time. It stayed lit quite well too, and burned down nice and slow. I only had to relight one time. It burned down to the bottom of my pipe and left only a touch of moisture and little dottle and lots of grey fine ash. I am not usually a cherry lover but I just simply enjoyed this blend very much. I recommend this highly and do state to stay with it at first and you will be rewarded. A great aromatic blend for when you want something sweet.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

J.M. Boswell and his family have operated a well known pipe and tobacco shop in Chambersburg, PA for the last 31 years. They are well known for economical pipes that smoke like champs. I have three Boswells myself and can attest to their quality. Fortunately for us, J.M. also blends his own tobaccos. I've smoked eight different Boswell blends and have enjoyed them all.

Pennsylvania Dutch Treat right now is my favorite aromatic pipe tobacco, the one I prefer to all others. Strong words I know, but this blend just seems to have it all. First off, PDT is not a goopy wet aromatic like many of the breed. It will not foul your pipe or inhabit it with "ghosts" that will affect the taste of other blends. It loads and lights easily and has the best burn characteristics of any aromatic I've ever smoked. Fact is, it's better than many tobaccos of any type.

It's topping has a mild cherry flavor that comes out as a very pleasant sweet taste that is not syrupy or overly sweet. There's a lot of burley tobacco in PDT and you can taste it behind the casing, particularly in the second half of the bowl. It's apparent that quality tobaccos have been used to formulate this blend. It all burns down to fine ash with almost no dottle.

Scores for Pennsylvania Dutch Treat: Taste- 17 out of 20; lighting and burn- 9 out of 10; value- 8 of 10. 34 points gets PDT a very nice ** rating. Try this tobacco, aromatic fans!

ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Wow... totally surprised by this blend. I'm not a typical cherry blend smoker, but this was REALLY tasty. I was almost afraid by the smell in the pouch... it almost smelled overly sweet and flowery. But I packed the pipe and drew through it to check my packing technique. It was already sweet and tasty and it wasn't even lit yet! Once I lit it- it got even better. Sweet but not overly so. The cherry flavor was perfectly balanced with the other Cavendish and burleys hidden under the sweetness. Room note is heavenly... great balance of the sweet and the rest of the tobacco scents. Between the sweetness in the air and on my tongue, I found myself puffing like a chimney. Unfortunately I think I burned the bottom of the bowl.. after I let it go out to cool, the relite was a little harsh and chemical tasting.. similar to other deep aromatics I've had. The sweetness was gone but the rest of the flavor is still there and just as nice. I'm blaming this on me though. I'll try again and try to hold back a little to see if it really was my fault or not. Either way this is an awesome, extremely mild smoke that really surprised me with its flavor and room note compared to the smell in the bag. I can see reaching for this over and over again!

Pipe Used: My very first briar-from 20 years ago

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Boswell's B+M visit

NursDad Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NursDad (9)

Nice mild to medium smoke for me. I really don't get any distinct flavors while smoking, just a sweet cool smoke. One of my favorite Boswell tobaccos.

Pipe Used: Ascorti

mrvalentine Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mrvalentine (5)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

New to pipe smoking and here I find that I am about 15 min away from Boswell's. People come from hours away to this shop and for a good reason. I love just walking in the shop and right at the front there is always a few guys sitting smoking there pipe or cigar. The pipes are artwork that they have on display. Now as far as the smoke goes. This smoke is one of my favorites so far. Very little to no bite. I smoke this and people are drawn closer by the smell. Lights and stays lit. Makes pipe smoking a pleasure.

Buster Bluth Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Buster Bluth (51)

Smoking Pennsylvania Dutch Treat has cleared for this smoker many of the misconceptions and prior experiences of what an aromatic can be. As a genre, our tales of scorched tongues and soggy pipes, and monotone flavors are the price to pay. This stuff has none of that.

Bag aroma is a delightful cherry pie filling. A little air time needed as this is a bit moist. An hour on a plate, or carry for a bit in your tobacco pouch and its perfect. After much experimentation, I have found this tobacco just phenomenal for me in a Brog pear wood pipe model called the Amigo.

Tobacco lights and burns well and leaves light colored ash. Able to consume a whole bowl with few relights. Flavor is more of a light cherry tartness. Not cloying to this smoker. The cavendish adds sweetness. The burley adds some depth but hard to discern as an individual component. This profile maintains through the bowl and you taste good tobacco. No dottle or sliminess.

Great when a change of pace is in order to refresh the taste buds or I can't figure out what I want to smoke every several days. Gonna order a pound to keep around in the rotation. Recommended.

pennjersey83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pennjersey83 (11)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This is one of my favorite blends of pipe tobacco.. There is a hint of cherry and the smell is really good. It's hard to find cherry flavored pipe tobacco that doesn't taste like cough syrup but this blend by Boswells does a great job at exceeding my expectations. I would recommend this to any aromatic smoker.

CowBoy From Hell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CowBoy From Hell (12)
Very Strong Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

This one blend i enjoy as a cherry hint with some flavoring i cant hit, but its like a dank frenvanilla butterscotch coffe with a green cherry. a must try.

TexasTobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TexasTobacco (7)

This and Bear Blend are my two favorite Cherry aromatics, but this one is definitely more "cherry" than Bear Blend is. It doesn't hit you like cough syrup, it's a very pleasant and well balanced smoke. I personally didn't experience tongue bite, but I'd advise to sip it slowly.

wekers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wekers (14)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

it's a nice aromatic cherry tobacco and this no bite tongue, thats is amazing. at the same time is light and heavy. I'm a BIG fan of boswell blend's. only if you like of cherry, try it.

Ronnstein Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ronnstein (14)

While I'm not a cherry flavored tobacco enthusiast, this blend is THE cherry blend IMHO. Not too sweet or wet, pleasant flavor and aroma, if you do like cherry flavored pipe tobacco, you will certainly enjoy this blend.

Blad1der Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blad1der (1)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I just started smoking a pipe about two months ago and after a lot of research and YouTube watching I decided to place an order to boswells and man I wasn't dissapointed. I orderd 5 tobaccos and a pipe , so far this is by far my favorite blend and a must have if you like aros. I would highly recommend it!

Phenderstrat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Phenderstrat (1)

All I can say is wow... from opening the bag, to finishing the bowl. I am an aromatic smoker... almost exclusively, and this is right up an aromatic smoker's alley. Very subtle but definitive creamy cherry taste, accompanied by a nutty and almost dark chocolate undertone. These flavors and aromas meld together wonderfully, on the palette and for the room note. This smoked dry for me with no bite down to the bottom of the bowl; it had no moisture or dottle leftovers. I am very pleased, as would be, any aromatic lover who doesn't mind a bit of a natural fruity taste.

(I ordered this on a Thursday, and on a whim the next day bought some Black Cherry Pallidin. Oh my gosh, after coughing through a half bowl of Pallidin, I was scared that all cherry blends would be as terrible. Thank the heavens that this is not the case. If a pouch of Pallidin has scared you in the past, worry not! Dutch Treat is how a cherry blend should taste.)

Polaris82 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Polaris82 (14)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The first of the Boswell series that I tried around Christmas 2010-11. I didnt get the mild cherry sensation the first time I tried it and was unimpressed. The second go around, NICE! This is a really smooth smoke with no bite with a hint of cherry 1/4 down the bowl. And as many have stated before me the Boswells are first rate blenders and first rate people!Nice to work with! Highly recommended blend. Even if your not an aro smoker, this might get you started.

strbarrytree Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
strbarrytree (1)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Best part for me was the first five minutes. Burned a little hot. Really enjoyed it. Recommended.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I will start with a query, which I will repeat for all Boswell tobaccos: Even though I have left them open for 2 months, they haven't dried out at all.

The flavor is full and rich produced by the Cavendish and Burley. This tobacco has a scent of cherry as well. Less aromatic and heavier than Christmas Cookie and Sweet Dreams, but somehow far-off from my own tastes. I want to thank, a lot, my friend “Nektarios” for gifting me these 5 Boswell tobaccos in order to try them out.

castello man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
castello man (13)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

A pleasant blend with some cherry flavor. I would not consider the flavor to be mild, as the rating suggest, but at least a medium perhaps higher. The cherry is clearly noticeable in both flavor and aroma, but hardly overwhelming. If you like aromatics, I think you'll enjoy this one.

PS - The more I smoke this the more I like it. Another star!

Kaziwazee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kaziwazee (7)

This is excellent quality tobacco. In the pouch, it smells like something you'd want to eat, and while smoking the same flavours in the bag can be clearly identified. The taste of the tobacco is very sweet and satisfying. If smoked fast, it can get wet, but very measured puffs bring maximum enjoyment and the true character of this blend out. Again, the fine folks at Boswell's have done it again. I'm getting more of this!

russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (25)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

I am lucky enough to live very close to the Boswell store in Chambersburg, Pa. I now own 9 of their pipes, and will aquire more. The Pa. Dutch Treat is exceptional to say the least. The cherry flavoring is just right. This is as already stated the cherry type blend that in my humble opinion all other blends like it should be judged against. I like aromatics from time to time, and this is one that I HIGHLY score a SOLID 5 stars plus. The Boswells have some of the finest blends available today for the pipe smoker. I like many of their blends, but this review is solely for their Pa. Dutch Treat. May I suggest that if you are having doubts about trying it, and you are an aromatic lover, and have yet to try it---get some, and as J.M. Boswell would say load up your pipe, and "get-on-it". To J.M., Dan, and Gail along with Alex at Boswells---Great job.

Marshall Law Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Law (50)

I don't know why but this blend just doesn't do it for me. I've tried hard to like it and tried to make it work in a few different pipes. I am a fan and big user of aromatics, but no dice here. This blend tends to smoke hot, although it doesn't really bite much. The cherry seems very artificial, blatantly added onto very high quality tobacco. Room note is wonderful...but I can't help feeling like I'm smoking a cherry tidy-bowl VaPer. Careful what you wish for? P&W Cherry Cavendish, despite being a much more mild cherry flavor, worked much better for me in this slot. Two stars.

Matt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt (14)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I like this blend, always have. Its got a black tobacco taste and cherry finish to it. very good.

paintyouup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paintyouup (4)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This blend is a great starters blend. Mild yet flavorful taste as well as a nice aroma that fills the room. No complaints from others around me while smoking, which is great. The hint of cherry finish gives it a nice accent towards the end of the draw and is a very relaxing and mild smoke. A must try for new pipe smokers or for those looking for that social, public smoke. Enjoy.

MagnusMaximus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MagnusMaximus (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

11/25/08: This is, honestly, one of the best aromatics I've tried. Not too much to say about it: a friend gave me some to try, when I was visiting him, and it was good stuff. I'm getting rather jaded when it comes to aromatics, because in my experience, most of them lose their cased flavor after the top third of the bowl and are mediocre smokes from there on out, not to mention biting your tongue rather nastily for your trouble.

This was different. It kept its flavor reasonably well, and bit very little. (And I wasn't being particularly careful, either!) I was smoking outside, so I can't comment on the room note from personal experience, but judging from the smell in my pipe now, it's quite nice. Too, while my friend and I were smoking, a couple of random girls came over and started chatting with us because of the "yummy goodness" that they smelled (we were on a college campus.) So, from that I have to conclude that this is definitely a crowd/wife-pleaser, and as a side benefit, you actually get a pleasant smoke out of it, also.

Update, 12/28/08: I forgot to stick this in the review, but it's important. Being an aromatic (even if it's a good one) it will definitely add its flavor note to your pipe, at least for a little while. A few bowls of a VA blend cleaned mine out sufficiently for my tastes, but if you're really picky about things, you will definitely want to smoke this in a cob, meerschaum, or some other pipe that you don't mind dedicating to an aromatic.

Pipes530 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipes530 (8)

This is the "Cherry Blend" from which all others should be judged! 4 Stars

rstrawsb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rstrawsb (6)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

Very nice aromatic, Not overly sweet or sticky. Good quality tobacco. It packs well and remains lit. The cherry is evident but not as pronouned as Pallidin. No bite at all. Very good value at $2.20 per ounce.

This deserve more that 3 stars. I just bumped it up to 4. This is a great smoke and worth keeping in rotation.

rexinator26 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rexinator26 (19)

This is an excellent Boswell tobacco.Smoked it quite a few times in various sized pipes without any problems.If you want to try Boswell's tobacco hit this first.Aroma, lighting, flavor ,and finish are great.Not 1 problem with this tobacco yet.Give it a shot.

XavierMouser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
XavierMouser (6)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

This is a keeper, I have yet to find anything to go better with a glass of brandy.

MHO

you don't try this one...you're missing out

OLDTIMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OLDTIMER (39)

A very nice cherry blend. Lots of black cavendish and light tobacco. No tongue bite here, stays lit and burns slow and even. It starts out very mild, but about a quarter of the way down the bowl the flavor starts to build and gets more rich and flavorful. If you like cherry blends this is another must try.

Sumosized Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sumosized (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Pennsylvania Dutch treat is my favorite aromatic of all, not just my favorite Boswell Blend. I love the aroma from the pouch. It lights very well, stays lit, and smokes to the bottom for me almost every time. It's great in a cob or a nice briar, but I prefer it in the larger bowl of my Big Ben Jade.

I have not had a single bit of tongue bite with this tobacco. And since I've only been puffing since July of 2007, 8 months now, that's a wonderful treat. My wife likes the room note enough that this tobacco got her to allow me to smoke my pipes in a dedicated area of the house... now that's saying something!

Highly recommended!

3/21/08 I just ordered 1/2 a pound of this blend. I like it that much!

DRijkers Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DRijkers (14)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Top-shelf aromatic, with a wonderful pouch aroma. Smoke it slowly, and dedicate a pipe to it, to get the full effect. Comes across nice and dry, without a lot of tongue bite. Smells just like some kind of pie in the oven!

bronxbill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bronxbill (10)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

For what it is, a cherry flavored aromatic, this blend does the job. It is one of the few that can be smoked without worry of frying your tongue. I found this to have a nice sweetnes and a definite cherry flavor. It does seem to contain PG but it smoked fairly dry. If you want a cherry aromatic, this would be a good choice.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A sweet and creamy smoke with just the right amount of cherry flavoring, this blend smokes cool and burns clean without gooping the heal of the pipe. It is evident that the blend contains the highest quality leaf. Another Boswell classic.