We start with a unique Oriental Cavendish tobacco (Not too sweet...and never goopy) And we add a generous dosage of Cyprian Latakia. To finish off we add just a teenie tiny pinch of Perique for just because. This is a medium bodied English blend for you Balkan lovers who want a change of pace.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q
Blend TypeOriental
ContentsCavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

3.7

Justice Mixture is an interesting blend of dark ribbons with a just a few tan ribbons mixed in. The pouch scent is mildly smokey with a touch of sweet. The blender's description is dead on as the Oriental Cavendish is not nearly as sweet as Cavendish's found in aromatic blends. It needs a fair amount of dry time for my taste; Justice Mixture is best described as a lightly aromatic Balkan blend. I believe that some McClelland blending tobacco can be found in the blend. The flavor profile reminds me a bit of Frog Morton on the Town although I think JM is a better blend. My wife, an occasional pipe smoker, lists JM as her favorite Balkan blend. It also has more strength in the nic department too. It smokes cool and smooth. If you are a fan of Balkan's with some sweetness or are looking to cross over into Balkan style blends, Justice Mixture would make a fine choice. Recommended.

Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Okay Ernie Q,you have impressed me!

I really enjoy this compilation and whatever the added "something" is in this blend, I like it! More importantly (to me), is the fact that I get a Balkan style flavor with some nicotine punch. And the blend burns not only sweetly, but cool and dry to boot.

Ryepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ryepipe (19)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I would group this wonderful blend with Blatter & Blatter Reserve, Uhle's Bishops Move and Murdock's Pipe. The gentle sweetness seems perfectly woven into the blend. Reviewer Tantric notes that Justice Mixture is steam blended and for my taste that takes the edges off the announcement of 'Here's the topping'. It is less sweet then Blatter Reserve and now with the Canadian Tobacco tax only a fraction of the cost. It has the richness of Murdocks and Uhle's and is a click sweeter than both. Very smooth and consistant top to bottom. Complex enough to sit with and happy to take on a walk with the lawn mower. I have tossed far too many samples that I care to admit and this Justice Mixture is a keeper. Note: The secret ingredient is the cavendished oriental. ErnieQ says Justice Mixture is Watch City's bestseller and utilizes his entire production of this special oriental. While there are many oriental + cav blends as far as I can discover this is the only cavendised oriental on the market.

Tom Bombadill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tom Bombadill (83)
Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a very enjoyable English/oriental mix for latakia fans. 3 stars.

The Latakia is front and center and the Cavendish gives the blend a smooth finish. The bowl smokes smooth throughout and burns to fine white ash. I personally give this mix 3 stars because the Cavendish becomes too predominant for me as the bowl progresses. I prefer Watch City's N'oreaster which is somewhat similar to Justice.

Still, Justice mixture is a very enjoyable blend.

Matches Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matches (19)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

I found this to be a very enjoyable smoke. It has a perfect amount of latakia for me and this blend reminds me of a perfected version of Middletons Walnut. I wish I had bought more while I was right there in the store.

Bayoupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bayoupipe (4)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

I like this blend. I'd like to try it with just a little more Perique, but that's just me. The Latakia and Oriental Cavendish are combined perfectly for a great any-time smoke. And my wife's nose doesn't curl as much as with other Latakia blends! Justice Mixture is a cool and comfortable smoke, and there is a complete lack of tongue bite. Like the other Watch City blends I've tried, it packs easily and burns well. The flavor is smooth and pleasant, and the smoke it thick enough to entertain my weird visual fixation with pipe smoking. This is another one I'll be ordering in the future. I'd recommend this particularly to folks wanting to move away from aromatics and expand their horizons.

Medium None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

Though the Watch City blends I've tried lack a certain refinement, their overall complexion is very good and agreeable. They all seemed to be steam-cased, which helps to eliminate any trace of tongue-bite, but which also creates a very strong cavendished under taste that, in my opinion, is not always successful. Justice Mixture, however, seems to be an exception.

Rich and full of flavor (the Perique has been added with a very light hand), its components are not as bitter-sweet as in Deep Elm or Persian Sleeper. Mild to medium in strength, this blend smokes perfectly well, with the strong and potent aroma associated with Latakias and Orientals, but the Perique here seems to give it a liveliness and piquancy that truly sets it apart from its other siblings. I would go as far as to compare JM with a light form of Nightcap, at least in the flavor department. It doesn't have not same strength nor the same leaf quality, but it does have a similar air.

A good, honest mixture, flavorful, lively and easy to smoke.

lenow Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lenow (2)
Strong Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I am proud to say that this mixture was made for me. The amazing Ernie at Watch City Cigar worked with me for months to develop just the right Balkan mix. This is one of my two "go to" blends. I smoke this from morning until night and I am never disappointed nor do I ever grow tired of it. I think it is better than any Balkan I have smoked, and I have been smoking pipes for thirty years. Enjoy it.

preppypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
preppypipe (57)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Wow!!!Does this stuff smell awesome in the pouch! Justice Mixture is a medium balkan with the perfect touch of cavendish.It lights easily and has a sweet and nutty flavor with a fantastic room note.It would be perfect for someone who needs a crowd pleaser but does'nt want to sacrifice rich flavor,or for an aromatic smoker who wants to experiment with english mixtures without the heaviness usually associated with them. J.M. will have a permenant place in my rotation and is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED * Give this one a try,I think you'll be more than pleased, prep

BigBen53 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigBen53 (21)
Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

This is a medium bodied english blend for Balkan lovers and i'am one.An exceptionally dark, smells Good. Oriental Cavendish and Cyprian Latakia,and Perique a smooth, rich, calming Balkan blend stay all the way down to the bottom of the bowl,No bite .I like it, .It packs well and lights easily aroma in the room smells good . is clearly that of a Balkan blend. If you like " slightly dark sweet note Balkan Blends" this is for you.on opening the Pouch smells delightfully, and cool smoking . soft enough and the flavor stay with thougout the bowl. but I find it a delightful and just enjoy smoke for all times of the day. I well gave it 3 star