A blend of Burley, Virginia and world famous Green River Black Cavendish, expertly blended for the utmost in taste then topped with a secret flavoring recipe to achieve outstanding flavor and aroma.

Packaging2oz, 8oz, 1lb, 5lb

Visit company website

Strength
Taste

2.5
friar_jay Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
friar_jay (5)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

This was the third tobacco I tried. At first I have to admit I wasn't much of a fan it didn't seem to have much of a taste. However, after letting it sit in a jar on my shelf for two months it was amazing...I couldn't stop smoking it, day in and day out, until I emptied the jar. The two months on the shelf really brought the vanilla flavor out.

Kyrob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kyrob (21)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I was sent a sample of 1M about 6 months ago in an order I had placed online. The tobacco was coarse cut in various sizes with light and dark browns intermixed with black. It was slightly moist to the touch and needed drying out a little for my personal preferences. The aroma from the pouch was mostly anise with a very faint vanilla undertone. An unlit sip of the pipe also revealed similar flavors.

Even before I allowed this to dry some, it was easy to light. Initially, it was smooth and the anise flavoring dominated and lasted throughout the whole bowl down to a light gray ash that left a pleasant and toasty room note. The finish was rather long and there was a hint of a buttery taste I could not quite nail down.

I enjoyed the sweetness of the blend and the smoothness. I also enjoyed that the anise flavoring was very light. I probably will not be buying more of this since it was like a dozen other Cavendish blends I have had. Nothing outstanding, but the anise topping was nice. If you are looking for a mild aromatic, you should give this a go.

rattdogg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rattdogg (33)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Is my pipe lit? This the question that pops into my head while smoking 1-M. Maybe thirty plus years of pipe smoking have seared my taste buds a bit but I don't taste much of anything with this blend. I detect a little vanilla flavor but not alot else. 1-M is not offensive by any means. The wife tells me the room note is quite good. If you're looking for a super mild smoke this might be right up your alley but I think I'll stick with something with a bit more flavor.

babysinister Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
babysinister (46)

I discovered 1M as a freebie included in a large order and have found it a very pleasant and unobtrusive smoke. It allows me to go about my business without having to pay too much attention to tending it or focusing on its smoking qualities all the time. And yet, I'm gratified with it and satisfied with its smooth smoking quality. A surprisingly good tobacco taste that seems to resemble a slight casing of licorice over a light batter of waffles(?). Well, I'm no good with the similes, but it does have a pleasant taste that I like better than Lane 1Q.

Bottomline: an easy to fill, easy to smoke, amiable and relaxing all day smoke should you choose to make it so. No bite, but will give me a bit of a blanket tongue if I smoke it too fast. Recommended.

Cafezinho70 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cafezinho70 (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Now made by Altadis. Easily the most enjoyable aromatic I've been able to find. This blend beats the pants off every other aromatic out there as far as I'm concerned, I always carry this with me. I used to work at a tobacco shop and I must have tried every one of the tobaccos we carried at least once... this was the "winner." Complex, nuanced and not overly flavored like most other aromatics such as those from Peterson and Mac Baren. The flavor seems to change and develop throughout the bowl with absolutely no tongue bite that I can detect. Just beneath the casing are the tobacco flavors... still easily detectable, and married perfectly. The room note is delicious, upon experiencing the lingering scent I can only imagine that even non-smokers wish they could smoke this...it smells like a tobacco store, (the whole store!!!) a scent I have loved since childhood. 10 out of 4 stars from me. Also sold as "Blue Note" from Tobacco Galleria and as "Evening Stroll" from Benjamin Hartwell.

teaandpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
teaandpipe (3)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

Very mild, smells good, not a whole lot of taste. It can burn hot too. Not unpleasant, very well priced. I like Cavendish, but also wanted to try more blends with burley. I don't detect much burley, as the Cavendish seems to be the main component.

Pipe Used: Cob, Missouri Meerschaum Hardwood

Riptide Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Riptide (2)

I received this as a sample also. it took me a few months to try it. All I say to say is this is why i got into pipe smoking. the smell reminds me of good day hanging around my grandfather and his friends it has that old fashioned smell and taste. ill be stalking up.

Sea Green Sky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sea Green Sky (9)

Fairly monochromatic, but a nice smoke. The flavor is smooth and mild and it burns very nicely with without much attention. Just the thing for smoking while doing something else.

Cavicchi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cavicchi (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Fabulous tin note and room note; a true "crowd pleaser". Seems to stay lit easily, and produces lots of sweet tasting smoke and doesn't bite. Seems to remind me of good pastry or Grandma's pancakes, with a touch of raisin and vanilla. A very enjoyable aromatic, perfect for beginning pipe smokers, aromatic lovers, or a change of pace.

neoclassical Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
neoclassical (9)

Tobacconists with bulk tobacco are few and far between in the Mid Hudson Valley, even the venerable Rhinebeck Smoke Shop is now owned by "Smokes 4 Less." I tried this because it was one of 2 that weren't flavored with things like peach, mango, strawberry.... I'm happy with my selection -if this is the same 1M. I don't taste much "secret flavoring", other than a chocolate like after note. I do enjoy this one in a pinch. It is smooth and fairly tasty. I'll probably purchase 4 ounces next time. It's a good "go to."

smoker390 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoker390 (36)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The first bowl of this Altadis blend was probably the only one I would somewhat recommend. The more I smoked, the more I disliked. Even for a sweet toothed pipe connoisseur (which I can be at times) I think this lacks real tobacco taste, complexity, and balance. There is maybe half a notch separation between 1-M and drugstore blends. The taste can be described as a coffee-toffee-mint-coco flavored blend. The experience from one bowl to the next was a half bowl worthy smoke. It got bitter, bit like a copperhead, and finished too wet leaving 1/3 to 1/2 a bowl of unsmoked tobacco behind. This was a little surprising, as this blend did not feel wet or sticky to the touch as I was packing it.

Skilling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skilling (80)

Another nice smelling, nice tasting and no tongue biting aromatic. On par with many other ala vanilla tobaccos. (with maybe coconut?)

Good beginner smoke. One inwhich didn't offer me anything unique.

I have no idea what the "secret flavoring recipe" might be.