A traditional flake cut tobacco.

Notes: A traditional flake cut tobacco, comprising of the highest quality Virginia leaves carefully balanced with bronzed and heavy bodied Virginias. Finished with a special flavour providing a delicate spice aroma.

BrandCharatan
Strength
Taste

Charatan - Flake.

Another blend I've been smoking for the tobacconist I write for.

Often offered as a 'clone' for Dunhill Flake? Well, big words! That was quite a revered smoke, so let's see if that's rhetorical nonsense!

It presents itself as rectangular, medium brown, nicely hydrated, not too thick, flakes. I usually fully rub and to do so with these takes no effort.

The moisture, and fine consistency rubbing achieves, enables simple ignition. From first light I get an upbeat, Virginia, smoke. For the first third it's a lemon, citrus, flavour which leads. Once the initial third has passed a honey-like sweetness joins in, somewhat placating the fervent 'zest' from the citrus. Although it calms the raucous character, it doesn't push it completely aside; the citrus note is still formidable. It burns at a medium speed, and after smoking over half a tin I haven't had a single bite.

Nicotine: medium. Room-note: not the best.

Charatan Flake? Well, as for it's resemblance to Dunhill Flake I can only go from notes here; which often state that as citrusy and sweet. So, that said, I don't think it's that far away! But, even though I can't smoke DHF to compare, I'll still recommend Charatan's version. It would be a smashing smoke for a morning in the summer:

Three stars.