Pipe Tobacco Commer...

Notifications
Clear all

Pipe Tobacco Commercials and Ads

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

A brief mention of the old St. Bruno commercials the other day got me thinking about the old commercials for pipe tobacco. I really enjoy seeing them and I thought I’d post a few. If you run across some, please post them here too, I know there are many out there, they are always fun to see. Especially non English speaking ones, I have no easy way to search for those. Here are some St. Bruno ones. 

7 Replies
Ithian
Estimable Member

Fun topic! Estervals actually has some old ones on their channel. Never heard of Benson & Hedges...

2 Replies
Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

B & H are a British tobacco company, most famous for their cigarettes (in a gold box).

Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

Very good! As @Lee said, Benson and Hedges were certainly known for their cigarettes and were the most successful foreign brand of cigarettes in the US for many years, which was an accomplishment. The US cigarette companies ruled here with an iron hand and lots and lots of money. For whatever reason their pipe tobacco line never took off here, if they even actively tried to market it, I don’t know. I only ever saw it once, long ago and didn’t try it. Kind of wish I had just out of curiosity. 

Lee
 Lee
Famed Member

I remember some of the Hamlet cigar commercials being mildly amusing. For example:

2 Replies
Ted
 Ted

Famed Member

I love that one. 

Lee
 Lee

Famed Member

I like the comic actor, Gregor Fisher, who plays the Baldy Man in this. I first came across him on a comedy show called Naked Video, back in the 80s, around the time of this commercial (I think).

Ted
 Ted
Topic starter
Famed Member

target="_blank"